You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Arsenal and Spurs have both approached him but he gave them short shrift because he wants to come here.

Even if that's true (And i wouldn't know, are you ITK or is it just rumors) I think it's because he wouldn't get a regular game there and he knows it. Compete with Bale? Come on. Due to that fact they probably wouldn't shell out anywhere near the required amount for him.

Even if he has his heart set on Anfield it's not much of an argument to support him coming here, fair play to him it's sentiments talking here more than sense.

Bolton have told Manchester City: Gary Cahill can pull on a sky blue shirt for £17million.

Wanderers accept Roberto Mancini can sign their 25-year-old England defender if City trigger the £17m release clause in his contract.

Bolton line up £2million move for unsettled Celtic star

Boss Owen Coyle is prepared to accept players in part-exchange, and is eyeing up City defenders Nedum Onuoha and Dedryck Boyata. The Scot is desperate to boost his limited transfer kitty.

He believes that trading in Cahill for cash plus Onuoha, 24, and 20-year-old Boyata would give him the means to significantly strengthen Bolton’s thin squad.

But City manager Mancini has high hopes for Onuoha, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland, and Belgium international Boyata.

The Italian would prefer to offer Bolton Craig Bellamy or Shaun Wright-Phillips as a makeweight.

However, Coyle is reluctant to accept either player – and that’s no great surprise given the wage demands of £90,000-a-week Bellamy and Wright-Phillips, who earns £65,000 a week.

Those figures far exceed what Bolton can afford – and are a contributory factor in Mancini’s desire to let them go.

Arsenal and Liverpool have also shown an interest in Cahill in the past and Bolton will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of starting a bidding war for the centre-half.

I know its not saying us,but we have been linked.At that price id rather get Jones myself as i think there is little difference at the moment in the two but Jones will become a better player in the next season or two.A good deal for Coyle if he gets 10ml and Boyata or Onuoha

Interesting. I've read that Marveaux has been telling people he's coming here, but who knows.

I haven't even heard his name mentioned mate but you could be right, as you say, who really knows? I know we've been watching N'Zogbia which may give us an idea of the style of the other wide player we go for but there's so many factors involved. There is probably a list of 10 wide players for instance.

If N'Gog is going, it would indicate that we're in for at least one other striker than Wickham. Which English, mid-table players are hanging around that we can pay big money for, just to be told how great they are?

I jest.

How about Carlton Cole?

Wonder if Blackburn will take £10 million rated Kyrgiakos off us in part exchange for Phil Jones?

Good shout. If Allardyce was still there, he'd take him, so he could play him up front when Samba is injured.

redmedic56 Tom Keegan

@ @TonyBarretTimes what do you make of all the juan Matta talk, i mentioned him on the forum as a player I would love to sign.

39 minutes ago in reply to ↑

@TonyBarretTimes

Tony Barrett

@redmedic56 Don't think there's anything in that one Tom. Good player tho.

37 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Sunderland fans are pissed.

I can understand they will not be happy of Ngog,but i think he will do fairly well there.The lads needs to get games to continue to progres.He will never be a 20goal a season man imo,but i could see him getting 10-12 goals if he plays enough games

Still think N'gog can turn into a great player if he bulks up a bit and doesn't get pushed around as much. Sunderland might have a decent striker there if they're patient with him. (clearly they won't be, but if he's played regularly he might surprise them.)

Iniesta, i'm hearing on the wire.

It's ok, we have Suso.

don't know anything about Henderson, but lets hope he is good, glad to see Ngog go and for a good price he was never going to make it here.

Hopefully more ins and outs to go. Deal done already this is more like it.

Just read this

Originally Posted by SAFC11

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

On Henderson deal, Ngog is going in the opposite direction - transfer worth in excess of £20million #lfc #safc

Aye thats cuz N'Gog is valued at £15m as part of the deal

£13m+ N'Gog = £28m. Deal of the decade!