You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel injured

Dracco

dennÃ*k Å¡port - Slováci na prechádzke, zajtra bez Å*krtela

Confirmed in Slovak paper. Martin came from Liverpool with an injury that rules him out of Wednesday´s friendly against Luxembourg.

So Sly sports were spot on now :

Skrtel injury concern:

Skrtel reveals injury concern | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Martin Skrtel has revealed he had to take an injection to complete Liverpool's weekend triumph at Chelsea.

The Reds centre-back was one of the heroes on Sunday as Kenny Dalglish's side recorded their fourth successive victory with a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge.

All the hype centred around Fernando Torres, who joined Chelsea from Liverpool on transfer deadline day in a British record £50million deal, but it was Raul Meireles who grabbed the headlines with the match-winning strike.

Spaniard Torres was virtually anonymous before being substituted midway through the second half, with the defensive trio of Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger and Skrtel keeping their former team-mate at bay.

But the 26-year-old Skrtel admitted he required medical attention to last the 90 minutes after injuring himself in the opening period.

"I stretched my groin or a ligament on my left leg, I don't even know exactly what's wrong with it," the Slovakian, who has joined up with his national team for the midweek friendlies, explained to SITA.

"At half-time I swallowed a pain-killing pill and got an injection so that I could finish the game. I would not like to speak yet about whether it will be serious or not.

"The most important thing was that I could finish the game."

Shame when he was showing some form again last 3-4 weeks. Probably won´t play also again Wigan.

Maybe some rest will do him good. He is the only player in the team who played every single minute in domestic competitions this season ( bar the Northampton fiasco.)

He'll be fit for Wigan. Made up with our new outlook on International fixtures.

Kenny effect again.

Couldn't agree more. It's actually quite funny how they seem to all be pulling out of Internationals, if there was any truth in their injuries they'd play midweek for us regardless.

Give Wilson a run in a 3 man back lin with Carra and Agger.

I think it's a great opportunity for him to start, Wigan are a good team but they're hardly going to be keeping us in our own half defending for the game, it'd be a good time for him to get a feel for the team.

I personally really like the Kelly-GloJo wingback setup. Gives us width we've been lacking but keeps the 'strength' of our team on the field with Gerrard, Miereles etc... and opens space for Suarez when fit and Carrol to jump into the fray within identifiable replacements (Maxi, Kuyt...).

Would also like to see Wilson get a look vs Wigan, and maybe see Patches or some more of Shelvey if we've put the game to bed by mid-second half...

Really feels good to be excited about games again...

I personally really like the Kelly-GloJo wingback setup. Gives us width we've been lacking but keeps the 'strength' of our team on the field with Gerrard, Miereles etc... and opens space for Suarez when fit and Carrol to jump into the fray within identifiable replacements (Maxi, Kuyt...).

Would also like to see Wilson get a look vs Wigan, and maybe see Patches or some more of Shelvey if we've put the game to bed by mid-second half...

Really feels good to be excited about games again...

Negged.

I may be wrong like, but when Roy was here i got the impression the players couldnt wait to get away, team spirit was shite and the players just weren't enjoying being here, training etc. If a player wants to join up with his country, you cant stop him but I just get the impression that team spirit is back in a big way, the players are enjoying training and football and they just dont want to leave that environment for a shitty friendly. Speaks volumes for the way the King has gone about things.