You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Segura

PaulMcC

"@DahriusWaldron: Devastated segura has gone, could tell you a tactic with his eyes closed, will be hugely missed. #LFC"

@DahriusWaldron: Be dissapointed if true. His knowledge is just as valuable as borell's trust me

That's a player at the academy

A few of them arent taking it well seem to really like him.

Why are people bothered exactly?!

I guess it raises questions, again, about the internal football structure at the club and whether we're being run as effectively as we could and should be. We were told there was a grand vision on its way to be implemented and the reality is quite different.

Obviously there are also financial implications here, too. Does Rodgers get to pick his successor? Should he? Will the successor have a different philosophy and render the last few years utterly pointless? This is us, so I think my money is on "yes" to that last question.

This is down to Rodgers and not the owners, IMO. They obviously promised him an improved role with the first team, but then Brendan put that notion to an end when he came in.

Really hope that whoever is brought in to run the academy can keep up the progress that's been made. The difference between where the academy is now and where it was when Segura came in is unbelievable.

This is down to Rodgers and not the owners, IMO. They obviously promised him an improved role with the first team, but then Brendan put that notion to an end when he came in.

Really hope that whoever is brought in to run the academy can keep up the progress that's been made. The difference between where the academy is now and where it was when Segura came in is unbelievable.

Seems he was expecting some sort of promotion and it never happend.

He worked for years at Barca's youth system. He won the double in Greece as a care taker manager of Olympiakos and was brought by Rafa to set up our youth system. To be honest I was surprised he accepted to go back to youth management after a successful spell as a manager.

Former technical director of Barca's academy? And we can't work with him? Shouldn't be losing people of that quality.

To be fair Paul, why should someone of that ilk hang about the club with the nonsense that has gone on the last few years? FSG and their youth development my hole. We were lucky to get him in the first place and it looks like more broken promises have lead to yet another departure, in the one area FSG have been banging on about since they arrived. League and cup double in Greece and comes in to oversee our academy.

No doubt another arrival from the mighty Swansea in the pipeline. And for the halfwits that aren't bothered by his departure, you can go and fuck off too. If the days of the big spenders are over and living within our means by bringing players through the system are what are ahead of us we need as many quality people involved in the development of our already light years behind academy not walking around like cock of the fuckin walk lying to all and sundry. Dempsey is another example of that shit it seems.

Fuckin piss take..

Another site is saying that FSG sounded off about a Technical Director job and he was earmarked for it but Rodgers torpedoed that idea. Mike Marsh getting the 1st team coach role above him was the final straw.

Can not afford to lose coaches of that calibre, if people on here think he's not going to tell other coaches to stay clear as we don't keep our word then they're deluded.

Another site is saying that FSG sounded off about a Technical Director job and he was earmarked for it but Rodgers torpedoed that idea. Mike Marsh getting the 1st team coach role above him was the final straw.

Can not afford to lose coaches of that calibre, if people on here think he's not going to tell other coaches to stay clear as we don't keep our word then they're deluded.

I don't believe the Mike Marsh thing, but it's common knowledge they told Seguara that he would be promoted and then reneged when Rodgers came in with different plans.

It's fair enough that Rodgers wants to do his own thing, but seriously it surely must be possible to conduct a hiring process that does not disenfranchise key members of staff. I mean I see it happen everyday, everywhere, but not us. This is what worries me about FSG more than anything else. Seemingly simple stuff, they manage to screw up.

It'd be fair enough if Rodgers decided he didn't want him but he took him to the US with him to build bridges, but the damage was done.