You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

Sunday October 31st, 16:00 GMT at the Reebok

Expect the same starting 11 as last week with the possibility of Johnson though that might entail the truly horrifying prospect of dropping our best attacker:

sparta.jpg

P.S. Please note the complete lack of AGENDAs in this post.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tad stupid he's called 'mypost' cos you couldn't mistake him out of the thousands on here. He's the one who is pro Hodgson and uses reasoning such as Roy blinked 448 times during the 90 minutes and Rafa's average was only 440 therefore Roy is the better manager, ignore Roys stupid LFC degrading comments and the relegation battle, the blink rate trumps all other arguments on the matter.

Expect the same starting 11 as last week with the possibility of Johnson though that might entail the truly horrifying prospect of dropping our best attacker:

Haha, I was there thinking 'Carra!?' before realising you're talking about the Greek, which is perhaps even more depressing. He is fucking good in the air, though.

I think it has to be the same starting eleven from last week. I actually thinking Johnson might be on the bench for this one. I don't think Roy will want to put Carra and the Greek in CB together because even if you combined their top speeds they still wouldn't be as fast as a Segway. I don't think he'll outright drop Carra from the starting eleven and I don't think he'll want to drop Kyrg either because of a) Kevin Davies and b) the threat he poses from set-pieces.

We desperately need to approach this game with a positive attitude and play as though we're at Anfield. If we go out there and play the sort of bollocks that's been a hallmark of Hodgson's reign (Blackburn excluded) and draw/get a loss, and then go on to lose against Chelsea, I think his time will be up.

Haha, I was there thinking 'Carra!?' before realising you're talking about the Greek, which is perhaps even more depressing. He is fucking good in the air, though.

I think it has to be the same starting eleven from last week. I actually thinking Johnson might be on the bench for this one. I don't think Roy will want to put Carra and the Greek in CB together because even if you combined their top speeds they still wouldn't be as fast as a Segway. I don't think he'll outright drop Carra from the starting eleven and I don't think he'll want to drop Kyrg either because of a) Kevin Davies and b) the threat he poses from set-pieces.

We desperately need to approach this game with a positive attitude and play as though we're at Anfield. If we go out there and play the sort of bollocks that's been a hallmark of Hodgson's reign (Blackburn excluded) and draw/get a loss, and then go on to lose against Chelsea, I think his time will be up.

That's my main concern, I don't think he will send the team out with the same approach, I think he'll send them out with a view of not getting beat and maybe, hopefully nicking a goal to scrap a victory.. I hope I'm proved wrong and maybe he's gone 22 league away games without a win because his teams are gung-ho and full of attacking flair hence leaving gaps at the back for the home side to exploit.

As someone pointed out in another thread... the next FOUR out of six games are away from home.

I think Maxi is a good player - especially for games at Anfield when we're dominant. He's not looked at all convincing in away games though.

True- he's dependent on good movement and passing around him.

Johnson on for Maxi if it's not going our way and we are searching for the winner....

This is a good idea. Johnson, poor form and all, is still more likely to come up with a matchwinning moment.