You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

There's no room to expand the Kop. It's a different situation to the Anny Rd end in that there's a main road behind the Kop and no scope to reroute it. Even if they expans backwards and put the road under it I doubt it'd be allowed as it'd tower over people's houses.

The Kop really should get expanded but I don't know how they'll do it, there's no room to go backwards, and not even enough to square it off.

Maybe there's enough to fill in the corners like at the Westfalenstadion though?

westfalenstadion1508l.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
There's no room to expand the Kop. It's a different situation to the Anny Rd end in that there's a main road behind the Kop and no scope to reroute it. Even if they expans backwards and put the road under it I doubt it'd be allowed as it'd tower over people's houses.

The Kop really should get expanded but I don't know how they'll do it, there's no room to go backwards, and not even enough to square it off.

Maybe there's enough to fill in the corners like at the Westfalenstadion though?

There is room to increase the Kop. They can put some extra rows in at a steeper angle (within safety limits) as far back as the club's boundary ie almost to the railings outside the Kop.

There may be some issues about light for the buildings opposite though.

By changing the roof line and support structure, when the re develop the Main stand, they could fill in the corner as you say.

Im not certain about the Centenary side though.

Why does seemingly every design I see that redevelops the stadium always include building on the Main Stand as opposed to knocking it down.

It's the oldest stand in the ground, it's cramped, it's cold, it's small and the facilities would make Everton Blush.

So is every other stand in the ground.

The fact that the Main Stand still has wooden benches shows just how decrepit it has become. Replacing them with modern plastic seating and leaving everything else as is would be akin to putting lipstick on a pig, or maybe something Everton would do.

Guest San Don
The fact that the Main Stand still has wooden benches shows just how decrepit it has become. Replacing them with modern plastic seating and leaving everything else as is would be akin to putting lipstick on a pig, or maybe something Everton would do.

Im not certain if the Main stand dates from 1892 but certainly when it was developed in 1970, they just put some more rows in at the back and put a new roof on.

I expect they did update some of the facilities but, essentially it is the oldest structure by some way.

So is every other stand in the ground.

The Main Stand is the worst stand in the ground. It's crumbling. If you had a key and chipped at the walls inside you'd get through to the other side in an hour.

It simply has to be torn down for this project to be at all realistic.

The Main Stand is the worst stand in the ground. It's crumbling. If you had a key and chipped at the walls inside you'd get through to the other side in an hour.

It simply has to be torn down for this project to be at all realistic.

Agreed. If we can utilise the area in Lothair Road and Anfield Road then it makes sense to demolish both stands and build 2 new modern stands with boxes and corporate facilities in their place. We would also be able to infill the corners as well.

Just build a new fucking stadium and be done with it.

We must stay at Anfield if it is at all poosible; I've always been told it isn't.

We only need redevelop the Main and Anfield Road stands to get 60k. But we need more land, need to close a road for good and would have to play to much reduced crowds for an extended period; is this possible?

All this talk about a new tier on the Anny Road End. Is that a third tier or an extension of the existing second tier? Either way, how will they resolve the fact they had to install pillars about 10 years ago because of structural issues?

All this talk about a new tier on the Anny Road End. Is that a third tier or an extension of the existing second tier? Either way, how will they resolve the fact they had to install pillars about 10 years ago because of structural issues?

I'd imagine a third tier so they can have another row of corporate boxes.

Just cutting off there nose that, as it'll come out of there matchday revenue, united banned away fans in the 90's for a couple of year while redevelopment was ongoing

That'd be their loss as most clubs in this league cant fill their ground and theres even less incentive to do so if theres so few away fans coming. Bar Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal they'd all lose money so it wont happen.

Not all clubs will do it but there will be some, of that I am sure.