You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

Is Hodgson doing in depth interviews about the current state of Fulham football club? I don't recall Ancelotti talking too much about the state of Milan after he left.

Benitez needs to shut the fuck up about Liverpool and worry about his own fucking club.

Do you read many italian papers?

Who the fuck cares about fulham enough to interview their ex-manager?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'd imagine he'd avoid the subject, what them being higher in the table than when he left them and us where we are.

Doesn't change the fact Benitez is managing another club and yet feels happy to put the boot in to his old one. He chats more about us than Inter.

And some of the stuff in that interview is laughable. He has to be taking the piss when he talks about leaving us Riera etc.

He should shut up and focus on coaching Inter as they're now 4th in a league they were meant to piss with him in charge.

Doesn't change the fact Benitez is managing another club and yet feels happy to put the boot in to his old one. He chats more about us than Inter.

And some of the stuff in that interview is laughable. He has to be taking the piss when he talks about leaving us Riera etc.

He should shut up and focus on coaching Inter as they're now 4th in a league they were meant to piss with him in charge.

Personally, I don't see the owners or Christian Purslow as "the club."

Guest PurpleNose

No they aren't. Unless they've played any games in the last 10 minutes.

He was asked questions about Liverpool and answered them.

Why does it fucking bother people so much?

2nd with a game in hand.

''For me the manager of Liverpool Football Club has to defend the club and his players against everyone''. Benitez said.

For one thing it is nothing do with him what a Liverpool manager does anymore so keep your nose out. It is okay for people on here to tell GH to keep his nose out when he tried some snidy shite where Rafa's reign was concerned, people were rightly up in arms over it on here.

I wish Roy would take heed of that line should he see this article though and really close ranks and create a siege mentiality at the club and start fighting back against the likes of Fanning and Benitez. The man is finished here but still can't shut the fuck up about us.

Him and Fanning will continue to shit on us and in particular Roy with this stuff if Roy doesn't carry the fight back to them. Would these two carry out this shit if, probably almost inevitably now it seems, Dalglish ends up back in the job? If they do, whos side will people on here take then?

I have to hand it to Benitez though, he literally has people eating out the palms of his hand on here and in particular RAWK, I don't think I have ever known a set of fans become so blinded, manipulated and borderline fixated to such an extent some people have become with excusing and exonerating Benitez failings, even finishing 7th after wasting millions all it took (and still takes) is a few words about how the ''crowd were fantastic'' and ''its all the owners fault'' etc etc and they roll over and declare their undying love for him, its laughable really, you would be forgiven for thinking Benitez cured cancer or something.

Remember the Lyon away game last year, after something like 7 defeats out of 11 with a squad that finished 2nd the year before give or take a few players and on the brink of CL elimination in the group stage, he muttered the words YNWA (when you walk through a storm you hold your head up high he said) and surprise, surprise people lapped it up! "hes one of us" "absolutely love the guy" etc etc, this a man who was taking the piss with results on the pitch yet still all it took was a few choice words in a pre match press conference and all was forgiven and didnt he know it, he knew he could do no wrong as long as he had plenty of fans sucking his cock because of manipulative guff like that.

Idiot.

No they aren't. Unless they've played any games in the last 10 minutes.

Why does it fucking bother people so much?

Liverpool legends have no right to talk about Liverpool when asked questions about Liverpool.

Rafa's comments about defending the club and players was in response to a question about his time at the club and he was therefore well within his rights to defend himself.

Your wasting your time mate, let them believe what they want. Their very much anti Rafa.

Typical Benitez. He talks a lot of sense, gets me feeling all ready to snuggle up on the rug with a cup of cocoa and a grateful ear, but then goes and puts his foot firmly in his gob and I'm off sleeping in the spare room for the night.

When referencing players that he 'left behind' but were then sold, he seems to completely overlook the fact that he was the major reason why some of those players wanted to run for the exit door in the first place.

Also this, below, is just bizarre:

Benitez saw his comment. "I read that he said this -- I was preparing for the next season but after the meeting with Mr Broughton and Mr Purslow I realised that I had to accept the offer they made. I was very sad and my family were devastated when we realised after these meetings that we would leave. I knew I had to go."

He will not be drawn on what changed but after a couple of summers being denied the money he thought he was getting, it's not hard to conclude that his transfer budget and the money he would get from player sales had something to do with it.

He won't be drawn? I don't remember him ever having to be 'drawn' on anything. He couldn't shut up about it. Not that this was always a bad thing, of course, but this completely covers up the pull factor of Inter in favor of the push factors from LFC. Sure he was fed up, but, as he says himself, he was preparing for the new season. Something changed, and that something was Inter knocking on the door asking him to be their new manager.

I'm glad it made you laugh.

I'm talking about the posts telling me what I'm thinking, or what I would have done if some topic about Rafa was the opposite way round, or if a topic not about Rafa had been about Rafa.

By all means carry on telling us what a breath of fresh air Roy is and how hard done to he is compared to previous managers, I'm not asking you to change that record.

Kwality, no....

Typical Benitez. He talks a lot of sense, gets me feeling all ready to snuggle up on the rug with a cup of cocoa and a grateful ear, but then goes and puts his foot firmly in his gob and I'm off sleeping in the spare room for the night.

When referencing players that he 'left behind' but were then sold, he seems to completely overlook the fact that he was the major reason why some of those players wanted to run for the exit door in the first place.

Also this, below, is just bizarre:

Benitez saw his comment. "I read that he said this -- I was preparing for the next season but after the meeting with Mr Broughton and Mr Purslow I realised that I had to accept the offer they made. I was very sad and my family were devastated when we realised after these meetings that we would leave. I knew I had to go."

He will not be drawn on what changed but after a couple of summers being denied the money he thought he was getting, it's not hard to conclude that his transfer budget and the money he would get from player sales had something to do with it.

He won't be drawn? I don't remember him ever having to be 'drawn' on anything. He couldn't shut up about it. Not that this was always a bad thing, of course, but this completely covers up the pull factor of Inter in favor of the push factors from LFC. Sure he was fed up, but, as he says himself, he was preparing for the new season. Something changed, and that something was Inter knocking on the door asking him to be their new manager.

purslow450.jpg

"Well Rafa, let me put it to you like this, you know last season I did you on the 20 million warchest?? Well this season is gonna be even better, we've got to cut the wage bill - 1 player in and three out, no you cannot spednthe proceeds from these sales as you see fit, we need it to pay the debt.... yes we did agree to give you full control when you signed your new contract and you are free to spend whatever is left in the kitty from player sales after we've used the cash to pay the bank. Yes I did tell the fans that the money in the transfer kitty is a separate account, but I also told them that profits were diverted into the fund - thus as wer not currently running at profit but deficit then money must come from the transfer kitty to pay the debts - surely you can understand this?? Hmmmm yes well maybe it is best all around iif you leave then, you knew the financial constraints we were under when you signed your deal, you should have nown you wouldn't have access to all funds genereated by any transfers, yes we did agree full control, you can buy who you want with the money that is left...."

DF: Rafa, Dion here. Would you like a little chat about things? There might be a few questions about Liverpool, mind, I'm such a conscientious journalist that I would be remiss in my duties and betraying my sacred oath if I didn't.

RB: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh go on then.

I'm glad it made you laugh.

I'm talking about the posts telling me what I'm thinking, or what I would have done if some topic about Rafa was the opposite way round, or if a topic not about Rafa had been about Rafa.

By all means carry on telling us what a breath of fresh air Roy is and how hard done to he is compared to previous managers, I'm not asking you to change that record.

It didn't make me laugh, nothing you say ever does. Don't flatter yourself.

By all means keep telling us how hard done to you are and trying to undermine lads who are trying to make a difference with the ownership situation no matter how big or small.....

If anyone should be fucked off about it, it should be Inter fans.

But they don't give a fuck.

To be honest, they just had Mourinho eyeballing every other big job in Europe for a few years...

I'd suggest that their current manager talking about the job, from where he was sacked, isn't too much cause for concern.