You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was you, mate, I'd make sure I spend that £8.5m before the new budgets are set on the 25th of June. Never seems to matter that you didn't spend all of your allocation from last season.

Thanks for the tip mate, struggled to find a quality addition for that amount in January that would improve the squad but with a few months searching and scouting hopefully I can find someone, either that or bring in a few high-potential youngsters if I can.

Does anyone else think that the second season is harder than the first season even though you strengthen your squad?

Think the players I bought are good quality but I think the problem may be with them needing time to blend.

Yep, "second season syndrome", and I'm not on about Reading and Hull getting relegated. Haven't gotten to my second season in FM11 yet, but it's apparently a well known phenomenon in most CM/FM games. Supposed to have something to do with if you exceed expectations in your first season, your reputation goes up and AI managers become more defensive against you. The remedy back in the day was simply going a touch more attacking, although that might be a few years out of date so don't take my word on it.

The second season thing can also be down to the changes made to the side, when you bring a lot of players into the club it affects the "blend" as SI call it, and the game also has an overall morale for the squad which drops when you make major changes.

It should improve as the season goes on.

Also as stated above success does lead to the opposition playing more defensively against you which doesn't help and you need to find a way to break them down.

Where can I download a megapack with the logos, facepacks etc?

I'm in the exhausing process of updating all of mine, so when I've finished, and tested everything works, I'll see what I can do.

Doubt you'll find a megapack, though. I've found a facepack that's split in to eight parts which I have to download, the whole thing's about 4GB.

Well in 2 seasons i have a Maccles field side that were fearing Relegation of league 2 in the championship and im doing quite well in the championship. top of the Prem here i come. Amazing what these agents offer you I was offered a Player clled Carlos a striker in my first season and he ripped every league up then was sold to inter by my board for 11 mill. That money has helped me immensely and sice i have had quite hefty budgets i got a player called King Gyan for 0 now he is worth 3 million loving this so far cant help thinking its a little too easy though. I am also manager of England i was offered the job but im yet to play a game for them.

Ta Alex.

My fixtures so far this season:

Rabotnicki (A) 3-1

Rabotnicki (H) 3-0

West Brom (A) 3-1

BATE (H) 0-1

Birmingham (H) 2-1

BATE (A) 2-0

Sunderland (H) 3-2

Arsenal (H) 3-1

AEK (H) 3-0

Bolton (A) 3-1

Sunderland (H) (LC) 1-2 ET

Chelsea (H) 2-1

Steaua (A) 1-1

Man City (A) 2-0

Won every game in the league so far, out of the League Cup which pissed me off in a game where Poulsen gave away 2 penalties in 5 mins and got sent off which resulted in him being put in the reserves. Overall my second string plays in the Europa League and Wilson has been a top player for me.

Suso, Silva, Kelly, Ince, Ismael, Pacheco, Shelvey and Wilson have all played some games for me already as back up. I want to give them all at least 5 games this year and if I carry on playing as I am now, Wilson Suso and Shelvey can play in some league games later on in the year.

Pacheco has gone to Cardiff on loan and they surely have the best strike-force outside the prem on my game.

Bellamy, Chopra, Keogh, Bothroyd and Pacheco as their strikers, I can see them winning the league comfortably. Hopefully Pacheco will come back with 15-20 games under his belt and be ready for more first team football next year.

Yep, "second season syndrome", and I'm not on about Reading and Hull getting relegated. Haven't gotten to my second season in FM11 yet, but it's apparently a well known phenomenon in most CM/FM games. Supposed to have something to do with if you exceed expectations in your first season, your reputation goes up and AI managers become more defensive against you. The remedy back in the day was simply going a touch more attacking, although that might be a few years out of date so don't take my word on it.

Thats it the opposing teams are just crowding out their defence and stopping me from getting into the box. So far I have been stuck to shooting from outside the box, but I may now revert to a counter attacking game.

Seems I got the same 8 part facepack as Woo, though there are a couple of young players missing from it in the Liverpool squad like Suso and Robinson which really annoys me. It's like having an incomplete sticker album. Covers pretty much everyone though and there's about 80,000 images.

Got some of the team logos from the same place: Aid The Boss « Football Manager 2011 Tips, Players, Tactics, Downloads I think you can download one big pack or just choose the countries you want, but a couple of countries aren't on there yet.

I got some Premier League kits from somewhere but I think that just came from a google search and I can't remember where I found them.

My team has got absolutely zero confidence. So I've started a brand new approach. Short passing, time wasting on full, 4-1-4-1 switching to a 4-4-2 in the last fifteen minutes to try and nick a result. So far, a 0-0 draw at Real Sociedad which I should have won only Soldado fancied balooning about 10 decent chances over the bar.

Next up for me is Bursaspor away in a must win Champions League game.

Come on you gang of prima-donna cunts. Get me a result.

I've been flying again this season. After 11 games, I think I'm top of the league by four points, and have a game in hand. Pretty sure I've conceded the least, and I've definitely scored the most. Qualified from my Champions League group (which was tough, with Porto, CSKA Moscow and Steaua) with four wins from four. Got Chelsea away in the League Cup quarter-finals, which is a bitch! Cairney and Hazard who are both 20, Aurier who's 18 and Wilson who's 19 are fully integrated in to the first-team side (but I rotate a lot), and Shelvey is on the brink of it - although I'm think of sending him out on loan in January. Robinson is progressing nicely, too, though I fear he won't get enough games to progress sufficiently to be my long-term left back, but we'll see. Still seeing little improvement from Suso and Silva (not through lack of trying), so thinking of letting Silva go as I have younger, higher-rated players there to bring through. Will give Suso more time. Got so many talented youngsters, and am continuing to clear out the rest of the shite in the ressies (Ecclestone, Palsson etc). Probably going to let Pacheco go as he's nearly 21, hasn't improved as much as I'd like, and won't get a look in. Carra's on a sharp decline. He's fourth choice and is on £80k p/w, so really hoping he'll lower his wage demands otherwise I may let him go at the end of his contract this season.

Spent hours last night sorting out all my graphics. I'll post a link and instructions to a massive facepack (but it's about 4GB and there are eight parts to download) that I got. I'll upload my kit and logo's folders for you to download directly as I've got hundreds of little folders in there that I've seperately downloaded, and as much as I think you're all a bunch of cunts, I wouldn't wish the mundane process of getting them all individually upon you.

The lack of graphics in the game at release really annoys me. Is it just pure laziness on S.I's part as they know other people will sort them out or would they need extra licences and stuff to use the badges and pictures?

And when did they stop having the stadium pictures in the background when you were playing a match?

I can't play the game without sorting the graphics out as it just looks shite and unimaginative.

This is the way my game looks:

stevengerrardprofilepla.png

Yeah, that's similar to mine. But my skin is the retro one from the FM05-07 series.

The lack of graphics in the game at release really annoys me. Is it just pure laziness on S.I's part as they know other people will sort them out or would they need extra licences and stuff to use the badges and pictures?

And when did they stop having the stadium pictures in the background when you were playing a match?

Pretty sure it's because some leagues wanted too much money to allow them to be licensed in the game.

Just download them, mate.

This is how mine looks for home games - whenever i'm playing away I have a picture of their ground in the background as well.

englishpremierdivisionm.png

Can you use any stadium backgrounds that have been released in the past few years or do you need them to be FM11 specific?

I think they'll work from old versions if you have them mate? Just drop them into the graphics folder, reload the skin and take a look.

I've only got the stadium backgrounds for England though, down to the Blue Square Premier, if any knows where the other big league stadium pictures can be downloaded from then that would be great!