You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Surely the Rhone bid and this Kidda's bid are, how can I put it, contradictory?

Kidda has the backing of the Americans, who are also bringing in Rhone as well! It sense no make?

one is backed by little twat and the other by big fat twat!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they've given undertakings to RBS re this sale process and if they breach them it'll default the loan. But that doesn't mean they won't breach them if they see a more profitable way out.

There's no way anyone can actually force them to sell their shares unless the shares are charged to RBS, RBS call in the loan and sell the shares in their name. Which will take a bit of time.

Well they did have a charge over the shares as secuirty for the loan. With this default / failure to get the required investment did they then in essence relinquish control of their shares and had a forced sale, that they were unable to block, foisted onto them?

It's all speculation as to whether they undertook to sell the club or were forced into it and we'll never know becuase if it did come out and it was true it undermines their efforts to sell the club for the highest price.

I personally think given the info we know they were forced into it but i can understand the view you hold that they simply gave an undertaking could also be viable.

But the Yanks have signed some sort of contract which means the board have the final say, Broughton himself have said that.

He sort of said something like that but it actually makes no sense if you take it literally. What if the highest offer is Barry wom's £10? Can the board accept that? Broughton's "contract" is the undertakings given to RBS.

Guest davelfc

Here's some more information from someone on another site that claims to know stuff. Calls himself oMd.

I've got a secret and I can’t explain, all the time, I’ve waited for this day.

All along I was never in doubt I always knew it would never get out.

There are things that I cannot tell and there are things that you know damn well

This is getting very hard for me, I guess you’d better just wait and see.

Giving nothing away there.

Guest TK-421

It does seem odd that the board can vote to sell their shares. I'm with aws, it sounds like fantasy and very wishful thinking. Broughton, who was appointed very recently in the grand scheme of things, has a casting vote? Like, ok, whatever...

If Broughton was put in place by RBS then I would imagine his, (and by extension the board's), contract would be watertight to ensure that Hicks and Gillett can't simply sack them if they're unhappy with a proposed deal.

There must be some sort of 'fair and reasonable' clause that contains a minimum figure that all parties have agreed on but anything above that adds to their profit margin. Hence the undignified scrabble to add to the disinformation.

I've gone from being seriously excited (yesterday) to now being really worried that we're gonna get srewed over, again.

It's just a big fucking mess isn't it?

If they fuck us again i fear for their safety i really do, all of em, the Yanks and the board.

You have got to think (hope) that they know this as well.

Looks like Huaang hasn't even made a formal bid according to BBC-just 'interested'. Will the Canadians be any better than the Yanks? How over leveraged will THEY be???????

Mate its very simple.

Huangs interested came out in the media.

GG and TH do not want that deal to go through as it will mean very minimal profit, if any.

They then send out their respected PR firms to muddy the Huang news and offer Kirdi to the board and BarCap as potential owners. Kirdi is friends with GG's son.

By doing this GG and TH are delaying the possible sale to Huang.

Its really that simple mate.

This Kirdi geezer hasn't a hope in hell of owning the club.

And there is more.

Premier League - Syrian group close to Liverpool deal

Eurosport - Wed, 04 Aug 15:49:00 2010

Buzz Up!

A group of investors from the Middle East and Canada has emerged as front runner to take over Liverpool.

Chinese tycoon Kenny Huang had appeared to be in pole position to complete a buy-out at Anfield, but the public haggling over the Merseyside club has taken a new turn with the emergence of Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi.

The Canada-based former Syria international player represents an investment group who are in "advanced negotiations" with Liverpool's current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The group claim they are close to finalising a purchase price, repayment of debt and financing for Liverpool's planned new stadium in Stanley Park.

A statement released by Kirdi's public relations company read: "Yahya Kirdi, who represents a select group of investors from the Middle East and Canada, confirmed today that his group is in advanced negotiations with Thomas Hicks and George Gillett, co-owners of Liverpool Football Club, to purchase 100 per cent of the club.

"Agreement has been reached on all major terms including the purchase price, repayment of the existing bank debt from RBS and Wells Fargo and financing of a new stadium in Liverpool’s Stanley Park. A formal purchase agreement between the parties is in the final stage of negotiation."

Mr Kirdi said: "Liverpool is a massive football club with passionate and proud fans in Merseyside and in every part of the world. With additional money to improve the squad and financing in place to build the new stadium, LFC will be on a solid foundation to compete in the Premiership and in Europe for years to come."

The unpopular Hicks and Gillett put the club up for sale in May, bringing in Martin Broughton as chairman to oversee a takeover.

Huang had reportedly tabled a bid earlier in the week, but the founder and chairman of Hong Kong-based investment company QSL Sports Ltd denied a formal offer had been made.

He has however been in talks with Royal Bank of Scotland for some time over buying out Liverpool's £237 million debt.

Eurosport

Premier League - Syrian group close to Liverpool deal - Yahoo! Eurosport

Mate its very simple.

Huangs interested came out in the media.

GG and TH do not want that deal to go through as it will mean very minimal profit, if any.

They then send out their respected PR firms to muddy the Huang news and offer Kirdi to the board and BarCap as potential owners. Kirdi is friends with GG's son.

By doing this GG and TH are delaying the possible sale to Huang.

Its really that simple mate.

This Kirdi geezer hasn't a hope in hell of owning the club.

Can we start a petition to get huang in?

I've gone from being seriously excited (yesterday) to now being really worried that we're gonna get srewed over, again.

Naturally its easy to get excited but we must remain very cautious until it is officially announced, if it ever is.

We have been here so many times its becoming an embarrassment.

Im of the opinion that come 1st September we will still be owned by the parasites. Anything else is a bonus.

The way I see it is this: they must be under some fairly compelling obligation to sell, whether its legally watertight or not, otherwise things would never have gone as far as they have. None of us can possibly know what form that takes, but if they still had the power to just fuck off an approach that doesnt meet their valuation then theyd have already done so. Right?

So assuming the Chinese fella is a legitimate potential buyer (and the only really legit one?), and that the Parasites' hands have been tied regarding sell/dont sell decisions, their only option becomes pumping up the price by whatever means they can: enter the phantom bids (Kirdi/Rhone) who value the club at about a 20% premium to the Chinese figure, claiming a 'done deal'. Just a public attempt to panic the real bidder into upping his offer to include a larger slice for Cunt1&Cunt2, who were getting almost fuck all at the original valuation.

Huang's sudden denial doesnt necessarily mean anything, as it could be a hard-nosed reaction to the bluff, or Barcap/Broughton could have made it a condition of their talks that he stop gobbing off in the press and negotiate privately.

just speculation, of course. im a fucking poet, not a banker.