You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Possibly. Although I think it's just as likely, if not more likely, that the reason they want to push the takeover through is to sell assets, not to buy. Business people trying to push through hostile takeovers are very rarely the altruistic type, and like I say wanting to have it completed before the end of August . . . maybe I'm being paranoid but alarm bells are ringing.

Good point. Paranoia is a perfectly acceptable and almost necessary reaction to a takeover bid. I can honestly say I know nothing about this, apart from what I've read on here, but I'm so eager to get rid of those two, I want to believe this is the turning point, and will be a success. Blind faith is dangerous but as a fan I have no other choice until proven wrong.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. Although I think it's just as likely, if not more likely, that the reason they want to push the takeover through is to sell assets, not to buy. Business people trying to push through hostile takeovers are very rarely the altruistic type, and like I say wanting to have it completed before the end of August . . . maybe I'm being paranoid but alarm bells are ringing.

Wouldn't that be a bit of a shit business plan though?

According to Brian Swanson on SSN, its a serious bad and there's an urgency about this bid. He wants it done sooner rather than later - ideally by the end of the week. Deal's being financed by huang and a far eastern government.

I'd imagine he would want to exploit the Asian market.

Broughton told Charlotte Jackson that Torres was off to Chelsea. He can suck my balls.

This story has also been leaked in a way which suggests that the people at the club currently, are being intentionally excluded. Poor lambs.

I'd tell her anything she wanted to hear the dirty little minx

It doesn't make any sense for them to do that. Although if our current owners have taught me anything, it's that the actions of rich people don't always make sense.

These are people that are looking to open us up to the Asian market with nearly a billion potential customers. The last thing they would do is cash in on our marketable assets as it hits (what must surely be) their business plan.

A hostile takeover in this situation is to obtain the club for a price relative to it's value, not to asset strip.

I'm trying to remain calm, but its hard when someone's telling you there's a good chance they can cure your cancer and aids.

To put it more accurately, it's like taking your cancer away, and giving the cancer aids at the same time...

Me like.:drool:

There was an article in the IOS yesterday, about the most popular football shirts and by a long distance was Torres, followed by Gerrard!

That is crux to this, we often underestimate our pull, there are four worldwide clubs, and we are one of them, despite their claim, Real and Barcelona are not as big as us, and I would say that in China we are bigger than any other club.

According to one of the better posters on RAWK:

"These are absolutely serious people, and trying to do things the right way.

The intention was to do this quietly and quickly, not wanting to yet again have the club on the back pages for matters off the field, but due to Gilletts manoeuvring, had no choice.

Assuming, and it is only an assumption, that this deal comes to pass, then our club will be ran the way it deserves to be, with resources far beyond anything else in the League.

That is not to say it will be treated as a trophy or a vanity asset, it will be taken care of by the absolutely the best people possible, people who only have the best interests of Liverpool Football Club at heart, people who understand the club, the city and it's values, people who care deeply about the club and are appalled at how it's been systematically raped over the last few years.

But the above scenario will only become a reality if RBS finally put a stop to the abhorrent corporate abuse of which they are guilty of aiding and abetting.

It has taken a long time to put this project together, countless hours and a meticulous attention to detail have gone in to making the bid a reality"

Take with as large a pinch of salt as you need.

The intention was to do this quietly and quickly, not wanting to yet again have the club on the back pages for matters off the field, but due to Gilletts manoeuvring, had no choice.

Assuming, and it is only an assumption, that this deal comes to pass, then our club will be ran the way it deserves to be, with resources far beyond anything else in the League.

That is not to say it will be treated as a trophy or a vanity asset, it will be taken care of by the absolutely the best people possible, people who only have the best interests of Liverpool Football Club at heart, people who understand the club, the city and it's values, people who care deeply about the club and are appalled at how it's been systematically raped over the last few years.

But the above scenario will only become a reality if RBS finally put a stop to the abhorrent corporate abuse of which they are guilty of aiding and abetting.

It has taken a long time to put this project together, countless hours and a meticulous attention to detail have gone in to making the bid a reality"

Well the way i look at it is that they cant be much worse than C&A who have run the "franchise" into the ground.

It seems to me that this bid rests entirely on RBS forcing the sale of the club rather than allowing the owners to find a buyer themselves. No doubt that is why the news has been leaked so that public pressure can be put onto RBS to force the deal.

The question is, what effect would RBS forcing the sale have in the financial world and will public pressure be enough to overcome their reservations ? You'd think that if RBS were happy to force the sale, then there wouldn't have been a reason to leak the news.

Unless he comes out and says

'I'm here for shits and giggles'

Then he's going to be like every other person, basically wanting to make a ton of money, thats not to say he can't with us, but it's going to take some serious cash to do so.

The most hopeful bit for me is that he seems to have gone straight to RBS to negotiate a purchase so as to reduce the chances of Hicks, gillett or Purslow blocking it. Fingers crossed.

There would be nothing to stop RBS selling their loan to him for £240m or so giving him the power to really put the squeeze on the yanks in a way RBS haven't so far.

The most hopeful bit for me is that he seems to have gone straight to RBS to negotiate a purchase so as to reduce the chances of Hicks, gillett or Purslow blocking it. Fingers crossed.

And to get the club for a cheaper amount obviously.

Way too positive. It is of course what we all want to happen, but I refuse to believe that any potential buyer comes without any baggage.