You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eduardo

danperkins

Arsenal trying to get rid of, don't think he's been the same since injury but think Shaktar offering around 6 million, 50 grand a week according to football 365, IMO this guy is a steal at that price or around, goal poacher Robbie Fowleresc, i think a fox in the box is exactly what we need. Rather pay 6 million for a proven premier league player only gone 27, than for an unknown French dude that may or may not be any use.

A steal around £6 million? How many appearances and goals has he made and scored this season? I wouldn't pay more than £3 million for him.
In all fairness to him his leg was snapped in half and he have over year off, he picked up little niggles getting back last season and for majority played second fiddle to Bendtner (target man), stats say he got 4 goals and 6 assists in the league but only played just over 1000 minutes. Not great but not too shabby for guy who's leg was in 2 pieces a year previously.

I dunno i'd take him for 5 or 6 million once he passed a rigorous medical, we need a fox in the box type, a fully fit Eduardo is lethal in those areas. Bargain IMO :)

In all fairness to him his leg was snapped in half and he have over year off, he picked up little niggles getting back last season and for majority played second fiddle to Bendtner (target man), stats say he got 4 goals and 6 assists in the league but only played just over 1000 minutes. Not great but not too shabby for guy who's leg was in 2 pieces a year previously.

I dunno i'd take him for 5 or 6 million once he passed a rigorous medical, we need a fox in the box type, a fully fit Eduardo is lethal in those areas. Bargain IMO :)

You'd spend that much money on a player still suffering from an injury he suffered 28 months ago? Picking up niggles and never recovering his form? Who lost his place behind Bendtner!? His injury was in February 2008. I would definitely not pay £5-6 million for him, I've seen no indication he can make it in the Premier League anymore, doesn't look nearly the player he was, I think it's best for him to go to a lower league and a smaller club.

You'd spend that much money on a player still suffering from an injury he suffered 28 months ago? Picking up niggles and never recovering his form? Who lost his place behind Bendtner!? His injury was in February 2008. I would definitely not pay £5-6 million for him, I've seen no indication he can make it in the Premier League anymore, doesn't look nearly the player he was, I think it's best for him to go to a lower league and a smaller club.
Lets be honest it was a shocking injury, and after a long layoff its very easy to pick up knocks and niggles, ala Aqualani.

But his form wasn't great last season thats for sure but he can clearly make it in the Premier League just a matter of him gettng regular action and getting back to his best. But yes a gamble for sure, as would be Joe Cole and Loic Remy. Tough one in our situation.

Thought i throw it out there anyways :)

Wenger praised him last week......

Eduardo is an Arsenal player and I am expecting a lot from him this season. He had a terrible injury ? he went through hell ? but I think his workrate is fantastic and his determination, which is exceptional, will be of great use to Arsenal.

http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2010/07/14/arsene-wenger-eduardo-is-an-arsenal-player-and-i-am-expecting-a-lot-from-him/

no thanks

always thought he was overrated before the injury managed to get himself this big reputation scoring in Carling Cup games whilst not getting in the first team breaks his leg and is suddenly seen as a great player, put it this way if he was a Rafa signing he would've been absolutely slaughtered at 16million and to replace Henry

no thanks

always thought he was overrated before the injury managed to get himself this big reputation scoring in Carling Cup games whilst not getting in the first team breaks his leg and is suddenly seen as a great player, put it this way if he was a Rafa signing he would've been absolutely slaughtered at 16million and to replace Henry

Spot on, totaly agree..

Eduardo is quite a talent. The injury didn't finish him the talent is still there. The problems with the lad are mental. The diving stuff after Arsenal played Celtic was what actually finished him off. If he ever gets his head right he will be a good player but I think he needs to go to another league for that.

Bellamy at 4-5? Eduardo at 6? I'd take the pair of 'em! I agree Eduardo's a gamble but fox in the box he should be fine. Robbie didn't get clattered too much, did he? Nando, Jova, Ngog, Bellend and Eduardo= good strikeforce. DO IT!