You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Broughton responds to criticism of Rafa’s departure

StevieH

You and others are saying he is stating that the opinion of the media led to the sacking. He doesn't say that, but you are taking it as a fact and attacking Broughton for it.

So you are attacking him for your interpretation, not for what he actually said.

Where have I said that?

I'm simply pointing out that once again you are taking your own opinion as fact - I'm questioning your opinion. I'm not saying you're right or wrong - merely questioning your opinion. I'm not having a go at other for having a different interpretation though.

That would be silly wouldn't it?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just responding in kind. If Purslow is getting shit for his dealings with SOS and the outcome of it then Benitez should as well. Goose - Gander etc.

Enjoy the game.

I geniunely fear for you

When Purslow met with the SoS it was a formal meeting with minutes taken.

Rafa's meeting with SoS was a Melwood in a less formal relaxed atmosphere.

Your wasted on here John,have you thought of a career in the House of Commons?

Was just responding in kind. If Purslow is getting shit for his dealings with SOS and the outcome of it then Benitez should as well. Goose - Gander etc.

Enjoy the game.

The difference is one is still at the club and one isn't.

Do you think Broughton agreed a sale price with The Twats, or at least fully discussed it and make clear some guidelines in order to establish his actual remit?

If not, does that not call into question his professionalism?

Or perhaps it just calls into question his remit.

You and others are saying he is stating that the opinion of the media led to the sacking. He doesn't say that, but you are taking it as a fact and attacking Broughton for it.

So you are attacking him for your interpretation, not for what he actually said.

Why is he talking about the opinion of the media when it wasn't mentioned in the original email?

He is only here to oversee the sale of the club. If he can't do that it is because of the ridiculous asking price by the owners. How is he responsible for that?

The general opinion here is that Broughton is an intelligent and competent businessman. Also it seems that people believe that he knew what he was taking on when he accepted the job. Thus he is responsible for selling the club, the owners were the owners when he was appointed. Or of course there is a chance that he is not an intelligent and competent businessman who knows what he is doing.

Where have I said that?

I'm simply pointing out that once again you are taking your own opinion as fact - I'm questioning your opinion. I'm not saying you're right or wrong - merely questioning your opinion. I'm not having a go at other for having a different interpretation though.

That would be silly wouldn't it?

I'd say it would be a fucking first time!

Which player was then then because I can think of more than one to be honest.

The specific one I was referring to? Well, Mr Alonso of course.

I was replying to a comment that said something along the lines of: 'He's the chairman; that's what chairmans do. That should be the end of it'.

Which is fair enough, except that when the manager tried to sell a player, we heard anything BUT the end of it.

My point was that double-standards were being applied.

Fuck it.. I hope those who are for Prslow & Broughton because they got rid of Rafa get everything they fucking get and deserve.

I've wanted Rafa to go for 2/3 years beofre he did yet i've not been so fucking utterly myopic to see whats gone on in the past 6 months at the football club.

Anyone remotely sticking uop for Purslow or broughton can fuck off as far as i'm concerned. They may as well be united supporters - the lowest of the very low.

Fuck it.. I hope those who are for Prslow & Broughton because they got rid of Rafa get everything they fucking get and deserve.

I've wanted Rafa to go for 2/3 years beofre he did yet i've not been so fucking utterly myopic to see whats gone on in the past 6 months at the football club.

Anyone remotely sticking uop for Purslow or broughton can fuck off as far as i'm concerned. They may as well be united supporters - the lowest of the very low.

That type of post sums up everything that is wrong with this forum and one that I thought you were way above to be honest GC.

I am prepared to give Broughton the benefit of the doubt to oversee the sale of the club. If that makes me a United supporter then okay, if you say so. He has been here 2-3 months, nowhere near enough time to do such a thing.

Exactly what has been Broughtons fault then? I think the people who are ''sticking up for him'' would be interested to know.

That type of post sums up everything that is wrong with this forum and one that I thought you were way above to be honest GC.

I am prepared to give Broughton the benefit of the doubt to oversee the sale of the club. If that makes me a United supporter then okay, if you say so. He has been here 2-3 months, nowhere near enough time to do such a thing.

Exactly what has been Broughtons fault then? I think the people who are ''sticking up for him'' would be interested to know.

I don't trust him one bit, and I think he's a snake personally. But I think most Liverpool fans are really paranoid right now, me included. And we have good reason to be.

I don't trust him one bit, and I think he's a snake personally. But I think most Liverpool fans are really paranoid right now, me included. And we have good reason to be.

You could be right who knows and the paranoia is understandable, very in fact but until there is something concrete where he has fucked us over then surely we just have to see what happens and if a sale of the club is successful and to the right buyers then he has done what he came here to do.

All true theoretically, but as i said, we can't and haven't seen the original email. So we don't know what he is responding to. At face value, he seems to make no connection at all between media response and the manager's sacking - that's Jim's editorial interpretation. Neither does he mention Henry Winter, although - as i have said before - Henry is one of the best, most respected and fundametally decent football journalists out there, so i wish people would stop behaving as if he is Steve Stammers or Rob Beesley. Without being privy to the original email message, what you have written is purely guesswork.

Which isn't to dispute the veracity of Jim's claims, but merely to point out that I'm not going to join the lynch mob until I have seen more information.

Do all the propositional analysis you want, put this into the broader context and the theme is obvious. So much so that he explicitly made a connection between the manager's sacking and the media response.

John - I'm pleased as punch that Rafa has gone. We had gone stale under him and we were only going backwards as far as i was concerned.

HOWEVER I had hoped the decision when made was for footballing reasons and for the ABSOLUTE good of the club & not a popularity contest and a move for political power.

Broughton I can be less harsh on, he is supposed to be a non executive chairman responsible for the sale of the club and that's it. He should not have been within a million miles of the decision making process to sack Rafa. In fact why on earth is he at the club when it was Purslow's mamndate to do exactly what Broughton has been asked to do?

As for Purslow...... don't get me started. The man is everty bit as worse as Hicks & Gillett. He's a snake in the grass and some his acts as supposed CEO beggar fucking belief.

I apoloigse for labelling you John as a scum fan, i know fucll well you have your heart in the right place, i just think in recent times your head has been misguided somewhat. Please please john don't let your dislike of rafa mask the problems still ongoing at Liverpool. We are in a right fucking mess, we can't even agree who should be the next manager (this is at boardroom level). They all have to go and imo they are all enemies of LFC

Best interests of the club? Any of you believe this fucks acting in the best interests of the club, get a fucking grip.

Give Broughton the benefit of the doubt? This twats been here a few months, not gone to game cause of Chelsea allegiance, turned up at Chelsea end of season celebration, spoke to journalist about how Torres should maybe leave, actively participated in removal of Benitez (how can that be right – I’d love to actively participate in the removal of Ferguson).

Our club is a festering sore, in those you get maggots, Broughton / Purslow / Ayres are those maggots, but until we get rid of the cause of the sore those bastard maggots will continue to eat at this club.

Best interests of the club? Any of you believe this fucks acting in the best interests of the club, get a fucking grip.

Give Broughton the benefit of the doubt? This twats been here a few months, not gone to game cause of Chelsea allegiance, turned up at Chelsea end of season celebration, spoke to journalist about how Torres should maybe leave, actively participated in removal of Benitez (how can that be right – I’d love to actively participate in the removal of Ferguson).

Our club is a festering sore, in those you get maggots, Broughton / Purslow / Ayres are those maggots, but until we get rid of the cause of the sore those bastard maggots will continue to eat at this club.

Is exactly right in my view.

Broughton, Purslow are here to sell the club if they cant sell it for Hick's fabled 700m then sell some players, reduce the wage bill get rid of a manager who wants to win things with the best though expensive players. The debt becomes more servicable and the value of the club decreases. Thus achieving a sale for less while still ensuring they and their employers get their cut.

Is right Coro.

Like you say anyone having a go at the board is seen on here as being pro Benitez.

Rafa's gone let see who the board elect to take over.

A word of warning, 2 months ago Mourinho,Hiddinks and other top ranked coaches where being banded about,notice how these names no longer get mentioned

Mourinho has gone to Madrid and Hiddink to turkey.

You could be right who knows and the paranoia is understandable, very in fact but until there is something concrete where he has fucked us over then surely we just have to see what happens and if a sale of the club is successful and to the right buyers then he has done what he came here to do.

And then what? You'll just say his hands were tied because of Hicks' ridiculous asking price?

Do you think Broughton discussed this asking price before taking on the role? Is he professional enough to do that, and would his reputation allow otherwise?