You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kop Magazine are reporting that Roy Hodgson

Guest Super Sub

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welease Woger!

No disrespect to Woy, but I'd have preferred to keep Wafa for another 12 months. At least he has/had a track record of winning things.

Not trying to turn this into a Wafa thread I promise. Just giving my opinion.

Yeah well I couldn't give a shit if you did turn it into a Rafa thread as I agree with you.

Not sure about Roy but willing to give him a chance (like Liverpool need my say so on managers-ha!)he is very well thought of around europe is also a good friend of moratti at inter so with his contacts he might be able to work well with our reported low budget as for the players not being happy about his appointment then its up to them to stay or go (you carnt please everybody)hope Gerrard,Torres stay but lets be honest i think if they were going then they probably would have made up there minds by now anyway if some rumours awere true then weren't these "BIG" players consulted on our next manager?

I'm pretty sure he will be given one if he gets the job. At least from me, even though I don't think he's the right appointment.
Yeah your prob right mate but we're in dire straits, seems a sensible although not particlarly exciting managerial choice, sure what can we expect? We needed a change, if it takes Hodgson to come in and steady the ship for awhile then so be it, he might surprise alot of people.

I'll take him over any of the other names mentioned, he's a good bloke and manager and he understands our club, whether he'll be good enough then we have to wait and see.

We'd obviously want a Capello or Lippi but we don't have a hope of attracting those boys under the current ownership.

Not according to some on here only about a month ago.

They were going to be falling over themselves and fighting in the Arrivals lounge at John Lennon Airport...

Guest TK-421

This is the second worst night of my life, after that other night earlier this year when the PS3 network went down. I'm off to snipe motherfuckers. Don't miss me too much for the next two hours.

*slams forum door*

Guest Super Sub
Anyone else heard rumours about Dalglish leaving the club? Apparently they are flying around the interweb.......

As regards Hodgson just cant understand sacking Rafa and appointing an inferior coach.

The rumours where started by the douche on Empire of the Kop on Twitter just to get hits to his site.

The guyspeaks just as much shit as all the tabloids put together.

So all those who said a 'big name' manager would crawl through a pile of his own shit to become Liverpool manager...

There were plenty of you.

Where are these world-class coaches/managers now?

Not getting into the Champs League is a major turn off for world class manager, combine that with a potential exodus of players and two absolute cnuts pathetically running the club. Hodgson is a sensible option at the moment.

Not according to some on here only about a month ago.

They were going to be falling over themselves and fighting in the Arrivals lounge at John Lennon Airport...

Unfortuantly a majority of our fans have their head in the clouds, this should bring them back down to earth. The club is seriously in trouble under these two fuckbags.

Anyone else heard rumours about Dalglish leaving the club? Apparently they are flying around the interweb.......

As regards Hodgson just cant understand sacking Rafa and appointing an inferior coach.

I don't understand this point of view at all. Five years ago yes it would have been true, but now? Given last season's performances, team selections and tactics sacking Benitez and appointing Hodgson is a step up.

Something had to change at the club to arrest the slide and we can't afford to replace the players.

Hodgson got that utter shit Fulham side to the Europa Final, we went out in the semis with vastly more talented players. Only one season and all, but you can't look at it and say he didn't get more out of that Fulham squad than Rafa got out of Liverpool squad. Dickson Etuhu, Chris Baird, Paul Konchesky, Jonathan Greening...etc. if Hodgson improves Babel and Lucas to the same degree we'll be laughing.

Not getting into the Champs League is a major turn off for world class manager, combine that with a potential exodus of players and two absolute cnuts pathetically running the club. Hodgson is a sensible option at the moment.

We weren't getting in the Champions League a month before the end of the season, and people were still saying we'd have no problem attracting a 'world class' coach.

Hell, some loons were even saying Mourinho would fancy the challenge after he'd just won the Champions League with Inter...

Just to be clear, if Roy does get the gig he'll get my support and I'll be praying to the footballing gods that he gets us through the fucking purgatory that is supporting Liverpool FC at the moment.

As regards Roy Hodgson he is a very good manager, great tactician who has been praised by some of the worlds best managers including our favorite Alex Ferguson.

I'd be more impressed if he'd been slaughtered by Alex Ferguson.

Then I'd know he's actually done something.

I don't understand this point of view at all. Five years ago yes it would have been true, but now? Given last season's performances, team selections and tactics sacking Benitez and appointing Hodgson is a step up.

Something had to change at the club to arrest the slide and we can't afford to replace the players.

But why replace him with Hodgson?

You're essentially getting the same thing, only even more conservative.

Would not Pellegrini or Rijkaard be a better option if you want a change.

I disagree with this bit...

But agree with this bit.

Weird, eh?

There's a huge degree of snobbery about loads of Reds. It's the same shite that saw Peter Crouch ridiculed before he'd even kicked a ball for us. I reckon Roy Hodgson'll be a good move for us, but I'll wait and see before I make up my mind. Bill Shankly joined us from Huddersfield having managed a number of other clubs first. Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Kenny Dalglish had never managed anyone.

Agree with this.

And almost anyone we appoint will have blemishes or gaps on their CV, so compared to the manager who has left us a lot will seem inferior. But we needed a change.

I'd be happy with Hodgson. He's not an exciting appointment, he doesn't have the amazing track record that people seem obsessed with a new manager having, but he's got a lot of experience and he's well respected in the game.

There's no reason why he can't make a success of it. If nothing else, I'd love him to do it just to prove the doubters wrong.

Would be a good short term appointment - the man has managed Inter Milian and got Switzerland to the world cup finals - not many managers can say that.

Just waiting for the 'Roy Fucking Hodgson fuck off' thread