You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Do We Persuade Torres and Gerrard To Stay?

Guest LFD

We're more likely to go into administration than challenge for the title next season.

What's it going to take to convince you people? The sale of Mascherano? The sale of Torres? The sale of Gerrard? Even then i don't think that would be enough for some of you.

It's comical all this now.

FAO the new manager - regardless of the debt, the parasites running the club whose priorities are about exit strategies and debt management and not what happens on the pitch, the more than probable sale of key players, the fractured and dispirited squad of players you'll have at your disposal, regardless of the paltry transfer budget you'll receive and the altogether uncertainty and gloom surrounding this new club of yours as it heads towards administration; regardless of all that, you've still got to somehow get your team to put in a title challenge.

Soz.

Thems the rules here, la.

It is not the new managers job to control the debt. He simply has to get the best out of the players we have, if he does that we can challenge.

I'm not saying it will be easy, I am not saying the new manager should be sacked if we don't challenge, I am just saying that is what I expect - A title challenge given the players we have.

But as stated we need to keep our best players, in particular Torres and Gerrard, to a lesser extent Mascherano.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not the new managers job to control the debt.

Who said it was?

It's his job to now manage a pretty dire situation. This isn't Football Manager and just looking at players names on paper with their attributes and saying oh look at the quality; how does a manager go about detaching the players from the reality of the situation their club faces? How does a manager motivate a group of players into challenging for the title when most of them will have one eye on the exit door knowing the club is in meltdown? How does he effect the situation of a team that is clearly lacking on all fronts with little in the way of funds?

We don't even know who the next manager is going to be yet but the likelihood is it will be someone brought in on a short term basis until the club changes hands. Considering all that, talk of a title challenge is just plain goofy and completely detached from reality.

Our best players are seriously considering their futures because they are seemingly fully aware of the direction of the club and i'd guess they have been for some time now.

As i've said, administration is a real possibility (We're already in unofficial administration)

The asset stripping that has been evident over the past 18 months will continue on in to the summer and beyond.

Administration will be the enema the club badly needs and i will celebrate when it happens because we will be some way free of those 2 parasitic frauds, able to start again and rebuilding for the long term.

So to answer your OP somewhat, administration is my expectation and hope for next season.

Prepare for the worst whilst hoping for the best.

if we dont bring in a top manager then one or the other or both will leave

simple as that.

im sure torres would be made up with the appointment of roy hodgson or martin o neill.

toshack works for all parties in my opinion. time to bring him in.

It's considered panicking pointing out the realities of the situation the club faces?

Here's another gif -

spray-fail.gif

Simply pointing out you may as well do what I've indicated above if you think you can do something to 'persuade them to stay'. If they go they'll already have made up their minds. Stop contributing your shit to threads. I've also negged you because you're retarded posts have been pissing me off all day.

Simply pointing out you may as well do what I've indicated above if you think you can do something to 'persuade them to stay'. If they go they'll already have made up their minds. Stop contributing your shit to threads. I've also negged you because you're retarded posts have been pissing me off all day.

hahahaaa you're quite a fucking idiot.

What the fuck may i ask, are you talking about?

Are you on crack?

Twarnt a rep was a neg. Carefully skim the shite you've been spouting all day and you should understand.

Some crack would be pretty good right now come to think of it. Might ease the headache I've had from reading your shite.

Aw you seem rattled.

You really are quite daft aren't you.

I've had plenty of positive 'rep' for my comments over the past day or so, yippee, but you seem quite perturbed with what i've been saying so what exactly do you disagree with?

You cheeky little non conformist you.

Rattled? Pffft. Shakin' in me boots here. No not American you complete mong. I quite enjoyed the complete idiocy of burning a flag to make a point. As if them being American had anything to do with them being cunts. Hahahah idiots.

I'm sure you've had the positive reps from idiots the likes of JK1980 and other Rafapologists who don't see anything beyond today because we're all fucking doomed since he's gone. No we're doomed with those arses still in charge of the club. Have fun with that.

Rattled? Pffft. Shakin' in me boots here. No not American you complete mong. I quite enjoyed the complete idiocy of burning a flag to make a point. As if them being American had anything to do with them being cunts. Hahahah idiots.

I'm sure you've had the positive reps from idiots the likes of JK1980 and other Rafapologists who don't see anything beyond today because we're all fucking doomed. Have fun with that.

Fuck me, thanks for injecting some humour into the thread you complete and utter dullard.

A 'rafapologist'?

Can i call you a yankapologist now?

You're talking in riddles you massive helmet. I don't see anything beyond today? I thought you'd been reading my posts?

You're clearly either too young or too retarded to be entering into any serious debate.

Fuck me, thanks for injecting some humour into the thread you complete and utter dullard.

A 'rafapologist'?

Can i call you a yankapologist now?

You're talking in riddles you massive helmet. I don't see anything beyond today? I thought you'd been reading my posts?

You're clearly either too young or too retarded to be entering into any serious debate.

Injecting humour then being called a dullard. Well that's me talking in riddles then. Yea actually you can call me a yankapologist because even though I'm not American and didn't get offended, if I was and saw you posting that picture for humour I know what I'd really like to see set on fire.

There's no debate. You're a retard.

I don't see anything beyond today? I thought you'd been reading my posts?

Yea. Since this morning you massive bellend. And I've been wishing you'd fuck off since then.

It is essential that we get these two players to stay and ideally Mascherano.

How do we go about it? Do we give Gerrard more say in the club and who we buy?

Or do we simply say if you want to go then leave? as Carragher says we only want players who want to be here next season.

Surely if anyone can persuade Gerrard to stay it is his hero Dalglish, that is why it might be a shrewd move to have him as manager....

Kenny doesn't need to be manager to whisper sweet nothings into Gerrard's ear. He can do that from his current position within the club.

Gerrard should definately NOT have any say in the running of the club's administration.

Gerrard should be stripped of the Captaincy (Carragher now our new Captain) and told to buck up, stop sulking & play to his potential or move on IMMEDIATELY. Gerrard is 28 and running out of time.

I've given my comments on Torres in a recent thread, and I'll reiterate here, if he moves out of the Premier League now, to salvage his already sagging career I for one would not begrudge him his decision. It was a real pleasure to watch him in Red, but I'd hate to see him a mere shadow of his former self - a sad reflection of that brillaintly bright shining star that re-lit the Anfield Fire.

Worst case scenario:- A club fire sale and a brand new team under new owners who MAY be able to finance a new stadium, or may be only able to slowly build a moderate team (mid table...never out of the top 10) until profits eventually allow strong spending in transfers and a new home for 60-70,000 fans.

The tradition here at LFC is to build a team of nobodies into an invincible army of winners...if we're back to those days, I for one, have no objection.

The only thing Gerrard would want now is a league medal. But would he be happy with a Spanish league medal? Doubt it. If anything he just wants to go somewhere where he has class to play alongside and isn't given the shit in the media he's given over here. If other players start leaving I wouldn't begrudge him going either. We'd get a decent fee for him at this point but whether it would be used to buy more talent or pay off debt is anybody's guess.

Injecting humour then being called a dullard. Well that's me talking in riddles then. Yea actually you can call me a yankapologist because even though I'm not American and didn't get offended, if I was and saw you posting that picture for humour I know what I'd really like to see set on fire.

There's no debate. You're a retard.

Yea. Since this morning you massive bellend. And I've been wishing you'd fuck off since then.

So how the fuck can you label me a Rafapologist or say that i cannot see past today if you've been reading my posts?

I'll ask again, what is it you disagree with about what i've been posting?

Ah, hang on, is it because i told you to neg yourself because a post about Redknapp went skimming over your head? Is that the real crux of your angst?

Is it that you're a whale and you're dealing with self esteem issues?