You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that for a second. G&H aren't in control of the finances anymore. At present its in nobody's intertest to reduce the debt by a few million here and there. Lets face it 30 or 40m is going to do fuck all to the overall situation. To attract and/or interest potential buyers it would be a futile move. Even with the debt, Liverpool FC will only ever be a reasonable investment provided it remains competitive.

You're deluding yourself if you think money is there but they just dont want Rafa to have it.

And 30 or 40m for a club in our situation is a staggering amount of money, losing that sort of cash now might just tip us over this edge were right on.

People like you have this knack of twisting peoples words on here. Just because around half of the people on here want to get rid of Rafa, doesn't mean we are happy with the owners. Far from it and completely the opposite. I want them out as much as you do, or anyone else on here does (or so I would like to think).

Twisting what? That you and others continue pissing and moaning about a football manager whilst this club goes to the wall?

You've done it in this thread alone.

What's more important - a managers perceived inability to spend money wisely or the the fact he has no money to spend on improving his side because 2 parasites are bleeding the club dry for their own gain?

Hard to tell with some of you and no, i don't have to twist anything.

The one eyed bile and vitriol is plastered all over this forum, most of it directed at said manager.

You're deluding yourself if you think money is there but they just dont want Rafa to have it.

And 30 or 40m for a club in our situation is a staggering amount of money, losing that sort of cash now might just tip us over this edge were right on.

Not its not otherwise Gerrard, Torres, Reina and Mascherano would have already been sold.

Maybe people who have been talking to potential Rafa replacements have been bullshiting about budgets? Why did Rafa all of a sudden go off on one, be on the brink of quitting & forfeiting his huge payoff?? Is/was the money never there int he first place? If it was just purslow promising that then i'd believe it but other people? I'm not so sure.

Twisting what? That you and others continue pissing and moaning about a football manager whilst this club goes to the wall?

What's more important - a managers perceived inability to spend money wisely or the the fact he has no money to spend on improving his side because 2 parasites are bleeding the club dry for their own gain?

The one eyed bile and vitriol is plastered all over this forum, most of it directed at said manager.

This will be my last post in this thread as I'm going to bed now and won't be bothered tomorrow continuing an arguement that has been done many times on here.

The bit in bold: clearly the latter. I would take out the word 'perceived' though.

Not its not otherwise Gerrard, Torres, Reina and Mascherano would have already been sold.

Maybe people who have been talking to potential Rafa replacements have been bullshiting about budgets? Why did Rafa all of a sudden go off on one, be on the brink of quitting & forfeiting his huge payoff?? Is/was the money never there int he first place? If it was just purslow promising that then i'd believe it but other people? I'm not so sure.

Look at the accounts, no money spent last summer, nothing in january despite us desperately needing a boost to get a CL place due to bad performances and injuries, the manager is still here despite a horrendous season ie we cant afford to pay him off, there is no spare cash, we have nothing at all.

And all that was with Champions League football.

If he's still going to be manager next season he needs money to spend whether he can be trusted with it or not.

You cannot spend money that does not exist. Simple as.

Unless we get a buyer we will be the Rangers of England, who have had no paid transfer for 2 years.

You cannot spend money that does not exist. Simple as.

Unless we get a buyer we will be the Rangers of England, who have had no paid transfer for 2 years.

I know i wasnt saying that. I was meerly saying that if Rafa is to stay he needs money to improve the squad.

So the rest of the world stops just because you say so then. Okay.

Bit harsh saying it is bile just because you don't agree with it. If you don't like the ''bile and vitriol'' nobody is forcing you to come on here Coro.

It is the make a fan feel like shite because he doesn't toe yours and other peoples party line by using emotional blackmail where the owners are concerned scenario witnessed again.

What is wrong with wanting the owners AND the manager out?

No law against that is there?

Cain in his posts mentioned the manager and the owners, he didn't use his ''bile and vitriol'' at just the manager as far as I was aware.

All he did anyway was question his transfers, hardly ''bile and vitriol'' stuff is it?

Time to sell lucas, alongside plessis and spearing and land a really competitive cm. Apart from obvious sales of cavalieri, plessis, el zhar, san jose, degen, riera and releasing fabio, itandje and so forth, i fear two scenarios. First, feel it wont happen, selling stars. Second, bearable and necessary, getting rid of some promising kids. Nemeth, darby, duran, ngog, jay spearing are older ones and can raise around eight million. We can get realistically twenty five million for all above, may be a bit more. Michaylov and half money from january and we have thirty selling only dross:-) Babel or yossi will be sold but clearout first.

I apologise if I mis-read but it sounded like you were looking for examples of posts that were just cheap shots and saying Cain's wasn't. I put that up as an example of this 'bile and vitrol' against the manager.

I was on purely about Cains post mate. It wasn't that harsh against Rafa to be called bile and vitriol surely? I despair if Coro thinks it was.

I am not in to all that Family Guy stuff (if that is what it is sorry).

I get the impression Coro would have this place like RAWK in no time given half a chance. Everyone agrees with Coro's sentiments about the owners that isn't in dispute at all.

I was on purely about Cains post mate. It wasn't that harsh against Rafa to be called bile and vitriol surely? I despair if Coro thinks it was.

I get the impression Coro would have this place like RAWK in no time given half a chance.

I was on about Ant turning it into a Rafa thread to be honest.

But on Cain's post, yes he and others may not trust Rafa with money. I have my own reservations on some of his transfers but I would rather see him given money to improve the squad still and I think what Coro was saying was that his anger towards Rafa over-rules his thinking. I may be wrong here but that's what I take from it.

As for the RAWK stuff, I do think you're wrong there. In an ideal world, we would all put our anger for Rafa aside and concentrate on the owners but that won't happen. However that's a different debate for a different thread.

I was on about Ant turning it into a Rafa thread to be honest.

But on Cain's post, yes he and others may not trust Rafa with money. I have my own reservations on some of his transfers but I would rather see him given money to improve the squad still and I think what Coro was saying was that his anger towards Rafa over-rules his thinking. I may be wrong here but that's what I take from it.

As for the RAWK stuff, I do think you're wrong there. In an ideal world, we would all put our anger for Rafa aside and concentrate on the owners but that won't happen. However that's a different debate for a different thread.

Your sentiments are admirable but Cains post wasn't even remotely angry towards Rafa though. If he had called him a Fat Spanish so and so etc fair enough but he didn't.

People shouldn't have to come on here having to tip-toe around people in fear of upsetting them because they think you are showing bile to the manager no matter how remote the criticism is whether it is about his transfers, tactics, goatee etc.

The owners need to be shot, in the head but the rest of the world doesn't stop in the meantime sorry and the managers underperformance on many various levels is still a pressing matter.

Rafa if he stays should be using this situation to his advantage now. Keep his head down, stop fucking around with point-scoring and playing games and get on with being the excellent coach he is and get the best out of what he has already. A lot of people may cut him a lot more slack if he did that. I said 12 months ago I would but he got worse if anything.

Edited by Juan Galonso

So the rest of the world stops just because you say so then. Okay.

Bit harsh saying it is bile just because you don't agree with it. If you don't like the ''bile and vitriol'' nobody is forcing you to come on here Coro.

It is the make a fan feel like shite because he doesn't toe yours and other peoples party line by using emotional blackmail where the owners are concerned scenario witnessed again.

What is wrong with wanting the owners AND the manager out?

No law against that is there?

Cain in his posts mentioned the manager and the owners, he didn't use his ''bile and vitriol'' at just the manager as far as I was aware.

All he did anyway was question his transfers, hardly ''bile and vitriol'' stuff is it?

It's fucking perverse is what is.

Are you denying this forum is not filled with threads spouting all kinds of shite about the manager? Is my internet playing up? Am i in some parallel e-world to you?

There should be a law against some of the utter guff that's presented as opinion on these forums.

'Oh of course Hicks and Gillett are cunts but hey, did you hear? Benitez made a finger gesture to Gerrard and cackled like a true Hollywood villain, honest!'

It's bad enough seeing the club going to the wall, to suffer the indignity of reading a smear campaign directed at a man who, shock horror, some still hold in good respect despite the whispers of the privileged few who happen to be privy to knowledge the rest of the waking world are apparently blind or deaf to.

There's thousands (believe or not) who are still unaware to the damage Hicks and Gillett have done and are doing to this club. Either through ignorance or what i don't know, but they're there, a nation of Liverpool fans remain untapped to the current state of the club they follow.

The internet is a wonderful thing that sadly gets abused. Forums filled with apparent knowledgeable reds, yet most are crying over trivialities or too busy serving their self interests. There's a union crying out for members, looking to be bolstered, looking for support but in the main is still met with apathy and accusation. Fans remain divided over a football manager as their club faces the very real prospect of administration. How fucking perverse is that?

These message forums - what a wonderful way to spread a message and raise awareness yet most of them remain divided over the goings on of one man who could never, ever serve to be such a threat to an institution like this club, in the way Hicks and Gillett are proving to be right now in front of our very faces.

I cant stand the apathy, the division, the needless rumour mongering, the needless, poorly thought out comments, whilst this club sinks into an abyss.

Yes, right now there is everything wrong in trivialising and polarising such a serious issue with talk about a football manager. Keep your irrational dislikes and self interests to yourself until the club is in a position to breath again.

It's all very fucking perverse.

Guest The Chimp

I get the impression Coro would have this place like RAWK in no time given half a chance. Everyone agrees with Coro's sentiments about the owners that isn't in dispute at all.

That's poor form that John. I don't want to speak for Coro but it's a culminative effect that ends up fucking people off. You'd have to be a fucking head-the-ball not to acknowledge that there's a load of anti-Benitez comments posted on pretty much every thread. And much like RAWK with their Rafa can do no wrong shite, it's fucking tedious in the extreme. The difference is that some obviously think it's warranted to continually remind people of how shite Benitez may or may not be, and some don't.

Anyone saying that he'd waste any money he gets anyway, is losing site of the bigger picture surely - even if tongue in cheek - and deserves to be pulled on it (no matter who it is). It's not about making money available to a manager (who may or may not be able to spend it wisely) it's about intent and showing our players that the club is actively trying to improve things by recruiting the players to help us make last season a one-off. It's more than about Benitez for me, it's about addressing the club's future. What message is sent if after last season we spend fuck all and money from sales (if true) is not made available? Why the fuck would you stay at a club on the slide rapidly? Seriously mate? We're majorly fucked - we should all be together in this, not divided and arguing and bickering.

Edit: Looks like he beat me to it.