You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is that about having Jack Rodwell on the bench. This fuckin manager of ours maybe could have had him on bench but for his selfish bastard egotistical and sickening decision to play politics with the academy until he got his own fuckin way, like a spoilt brat so therefore Rodwell looked to Everton instead, probably go on to be one of the best Midfielders in the game now, nice one Rafa, selfish bastard.

Edited by JMARKH

Ye gullibility. I remember Houllier doing this at the end of his tenure at the club, unfortunately I cant see an end in sight for Houllier the second.

Erm didn't we/he/ the media start that all up at the end of 2001 with our 5 trophies in one year thing. plus i seem to recall we won "Team of the year" on the SP of the year.

Slip of the pen or slip of the Freud?

He's changed it from 'has been claiming' and only deleted one word.

Shoddy.

Mind you, the whole thing is woeful. The points totals of all the top sides has been going up in the last decade.

As has been (!) pointed out by others Gerard did this with his 6 troffies. It's a sign of something, never usually good.

What the fuck is that about having Jack Rodwell on the bench. This fuckin manager of ours maybe could have had him on bench but for his selfish bastard egotistical and sickening decision to play politics with the academy until he got his own fuckin way, like a spoilt brat so therefore Rodwell looked to Everton instead, probably go on to be one of the best Midfielders in the game now, nice one Rafa, selfish bastard.

Yeah because the production line from the acedemy stopped in 2004 when Rafa took charge of the club didn't it... You can blame him for a lot of things that are currently wrong with the club but I don't think the issues with the acedemy are down to him.

Oh fucking woe is me' date=' eh Rafa. Makes me wonder why with so many things wrong with your job, your still here. Could it be because of your wife's love of her lifestyle ? and no other club with CL football has been stupid enough to give you a job on the ludicrous conditions you have here ?

One of the most nauseating pieces of cum guzzling shite I've read. Move over Tompkins, there's a new kid in town.[/quote']

To be fair, whether Rafa ever works again, I think his wife would have a decent lifestyle.

Yeah because the production line from the acedemy stopped in 2004 when Rafa took charge of the club didn't it... You can blame him for a lot of things that are currently wrong with the club but I don't think the issues with the acedemy are down to him.

Well a lot of recent issues at the academy have stemmed from him completely ignoring it until Parry was removed and he got his hands on it.

That is a cringe-worthy and very desperate article.

I thought Rafa Benitez had banned the Mirror Newspaper from attending press conferences so why is he now talking to them?

Since when has winning the Charity Shield and Super Cup been classed as major acheivements?

“He responded to ­accusations that he employs defensive or negative tactics, by pointing out his side has scored 61.8 goals per season in the league and an average of 97.5 in all competitions during his time at the club”. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

That statement is very reminiscent of the kind of statistics that Gerard Houllier use to trot out in his final 2 seasons at Anfield. By the way, Chelsea scored 68 goals in the league this season just at home!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

“Does Liverpool have to win the league, as everybody demands, every year?” <o:p></o:p>

No, but we certainly expect to finish higher than 7<SUP>th </SUP> in the league, and not get beaten & embarrassed by Reading after an FA Cup replay!!<o:p></o:p>

“And it depends on the money you have and the intelligence with which you operate in the market place.” <o:p></o:p>

You should heed your own advice then Rafa.<o:p></o:p>

“Look at the wages picked up by the players on Chelsea or Manchester United’s substitutes bench: Obi Mikel, Owen, Kalou, Berbatov, Carrick could be on £4m a year!” <o:p></o:p>

Says the man who never played Robbie Keane or Peter Crouch, and now Alberto Aquilani.<o:p></o:p>

He also claims to have turned Liverpool into one of the most valuable sporting assets in the world. When he arrived, he was told the club was valued at £80million. According to the American owner’s asking price, it is now worth £500m.” <o:p></o:p>

So what. Has he not heard of inflation? Liverpool FC exist to win trophies. LFC will be worth 2 bob if he is still here next season.<o:p> </o:p>

Rafa Benitez will stay at Liverpool... if they want him - Exclusive

The fans don't want him, the board doesn't want him and the players don't want him. When will he get the message?

The Liverpool Way, eh? The irony in the name of this site never ceases to make me laugh.

Oh fucking woe is me' date=' eh Rafa. Makes me wonder why with so many things wrong with your job, your still here. Could it be because of your wife's love of her lifestyle ? and no other club with CL football has been stupid enough to give you a job on the ludicrous conditions you have here ?

One of the most nauseating pieces of cum guzzling shite I've read. Move over Tompkins, there's a new kid in town.[/quote']

Nail on the head.

I cannot listen to anything the manager or his apostles say anymore. Everything statement to me is a dig at someone. There is too many battles going on in the media with him. Its embarrassing.

He gives stick out mentioning 'senior sources'' when he actually feeds journalists propaganda himself and he always has. It stinks of double standards.

What's really sad is that people will celebrate Rafa leaving here like we won the league or something. They'll do the same thing they always do and say "This is the man to bring us the league" whoever the next man is. You know that thing Liverpool fans get ripped the world over for saying. That delusional tripe that we spew everytime we have to start from scratch again.

And really it'll be one step forward and two steps back. Yes we have been dreadful this season and Rafa is to blame for a lot of it on the pitch. But mark my words, unless Bill Shankly himself rises from the grave and comes flying in on a Liverbird, the next manager we have will NOT win the league. He wont. He absolutely will not. And I'll stick my neck out further and say he wont get us anywhere the Champion's League final, if we are lucky enough to ever get back. Maybe a decent run the the domestic cups. Maybe a Carling Cup Final.

But we'll still be tripe because we still have that same one big problem. And what happens if new owners come in who aren't Abramovichesque and don't throw money at the club? What happens if we have to progress slowly? Will we all vilify the next manager? Of course we will, because Liverpool FC should be challenging for the league every year and anyone who can't do that is an abject failure based solely on history.

The next manager who comes here is so blatantly set up to fail before he even knows he is coming.

Fucking hell. Im glad you're not in my army squad in Afghanistan with such fucking defeatist attitude. I wouldnt be depending on you for backbone. You're like marvin the paranoid android with that out look.

Sorry, expect nothing and you wont be disappointed. And what a sad fucking defence for keeping benitez in a job. Pathetic.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Mind you, the whole thing is woeful. The points totals of all the top sides has been going up in the last decade.

Apart from the season just past, which would be the most relevant sample, no?

This thread doesn't hurt your head that much if you eat breadsticks and houmous while reading. (out of breadsticks now though. -_- ) Spanish has been, wonder how the fuck that happened! Either Balague has just revealed a lot more than he should have, or a Manc/Chav was helping with final edits.

You're in a very small minority and it's getting smaller.

Only on this site, it would seem, and even the poll here only registered roughly 50/50 split. Other sites that had polls running last week averaged support for Benitez at between 80-85%.