You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im saying you're a duplicitous bellwhiff.

That's what Im saying.

Another Question avoided eh, too difficult for you again eh? Only takes me one post now.

Aint my problem if you didnt like the answer!

It's not that I didn't like the answer - it's just that you answered a different question thereby avoiding the original question.

You really are too easy.

When you two have finished flirting/measuring dick sizes, you might like to note there are other forums where this kind of petty point scoring might be welcome, such as LFConline, Shanklygates or TeamTalk.

I hope I echo many on these pages when I say I don't give a shit what either of you have to say. I do give a shit as to what the 2 Yanks, Purslow, Rafa, Broughton, SOS, RBS, Wachovia and BarCap have to say on the topic so clearly highlighted by the thread title.

It's not that I didn't like the answer - it's just that you answered a different question thereby avoiding the original question.

You really are too easy.

Nope. You asked me what I was saying then tried to put your own spin in there.

You really are so thick. Learnt how to use the 'Quote' yet?

Bye!

I hope the strain of LBO business takes it toll on Cancer and Aids and they both have massive strokes or heart attacks, i really hate the bastards for how they got the keys to Anfield under false pretences and the way they have done absolutely nothing to progress the club. They may have improved the commercial aspect of the club but I think a first year Marketing student could have done that ahead of Moores & Parry. I hate the way they put millions of debt on the club yet make out that they have done us a favour because they think that we arent as worse off as some other clubs. They didnt want to compare us to teh Mancs when they took over but when the Mancs have £700M of debt all of a sudden it is "hey, see we aren't that bad - those Glazer dudes are fucking Man Utd up more than we are doing to Liverpool".

I hate the fact that no one was able to walk up to Hicks in the Hilton when he was gassed out of his mind on wine and plunge a sharp blade into his stomach and tear it halfway across his body ala Robert De Niro in the Godfather 2. Surely there is some fucking nutcase willing to accept a few grand to kill the pair of teh twats - even if it means firing an RPG at their private jet after take off.

Hicks and Gillett, thank you for ruining LFC and making us a laughing stock off the pitch, thanks for lying that you were going to let us have some of teh worlds best players. Thanks for fuck all and I hop you die soon. By the way do I get copyright on calling them Cancer & Aids as one of my posts calling them C&A was printed in the fanzine over a year ago??????????

I hate the fact that no one was able to walk up to Hicks in the Hilton when he was gassed out of his mind on wine and plunge a sharp blade into his stomach and tear it halfway across his body ala Robert De Niro in the Godfather 2. Surely there is some fucking nutcase willing to accept a few grand to kill the pair of teh twats - even if it means firing an RPG at their private jet after take off.

Mo+C&A on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I reckon this might do it!!

When you two have finished flirting/measuring dick sizes, you might like to note there are other forums where this kind of petty point scoring might be welcome, such as LFConline, Shanklygates or TeamTalk.

I hope I echo many on these pages when I say I don't give a shit what either of you have to say. I do give a shit as to what the 2 Yanks, Purslow, Rafa, Broughton, SOS, RBS, Wachovia and BarCap have to say on the topic so clearly highlighted by the thread title.

Seconded. This online village is blessed with two idiots. Please go off and throw dung at each other elsewhere, or if you must stay, via PM. It's INCREDIBLY FUCKING BORING for everyone else.

d'you know how the payments for the rest of the fee is structured

- 4 cash instalments of

- - 5 million EURO upfront

- - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010

- - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010

- - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011.

Further Add ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

- 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma

Guest Numero Veinticinco
we've wasted £50+ Fucking Million

Oh, Ant, Please. Stop beating that drum, mate. It has been debunked time and again.

Wanting Rafa to go is a perfectly acceptable view, but do you really need to back it up with that hokum?

Oh, Ant, Please. Stop beating that drum, mate. It has been debunked time and again.

Wanting Rafa to go is a perfectly acceptable view, but do you really need to back it up with that hokum?

Well if people go on about not having any money to spend I won't have to bring out that retort.

£50 Cunting Million.

- 4 cash instalments of

- - 5 million EURO upfront

- - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010

- - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010

- - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011.

Further Add ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

- 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma

nice one barry..

Chinese bidder says he wants to keep Rafa Benitez as Liverpool boss if he buys the club - Exclusive - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Chinese businessman Kenneth Huang has revealed he is in talks to buy Liverpool – and Rafa Benitez is at the heart of his £500million masterplan.

Huang, a former Wall Street broker who has a huge portfolio of investment interests in Hong Kong and the United States, is at the head of a consortium interested in ending the ownership deadlock at Anfield.

He has claimed he has been granted access to the club’s accounts by Tom Hicks and George Gillett and that he expects a deal to be in place within the next two months.

And Huang has already contacted Benitez to give him assurances about the future in a bid to keep the Spaniard out of the clutches of Italian giants Juventus.

Huang, who is working alongside business partner Adrian Cheng on the deal, said: “Negotiations have taken place over the last few months and we are at a crucial stage.

“I really hope it turns out to be a successful bid. Right now my audit team is examining the books and my legal team is in close contact with theirs.We have a fierce competitor in the Middle East, but it could be finalised in June.”

He added: “I was first approached (to buy Liverpool) in 2008 when I was in Singapore attending a Formula One Grand Prix, but the asking price was 1billion US dollars.

“It was totally unreasonable so I turned it down. The asking price has dropped significantly and we are talking again.

“I want Liverpool to win the Champions League and Premier League and I think Benitez is a very good coach.”

Cleveland Cavaliers: Investor Jianhua "Kenny'' Huang is looking to become a big money player in American sports; basketball and baseball | cleveland.com

Beijing (AP) -- Barely a month ago, Jianhua 'Kenny' Huang was relatively unknown outside business circles, just one of many entrepreneurs working to match money and business opportunities across the Pacific.

Now, he's shot into the U.S. sports headlines with a bid to buy a chunk of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Huang followed that with a deal enlisting the help of Major League Baseball in setting up a youth league in China.

The bold moves have positioned Huang as China's closest thing to a sports mogul, not that he embraces the title. He prefers to be called a "patriotic businessman," smoothing relations with the government officials who guard the portals to China's sports world.

"Huang is a guy with real vision but also the ability to make it a reality," said Marc Ganis, president of Chicago-based sports consulting firm Sportscorp Ltd. and Huang's partner in a number of ventures.

Despite the attention-getting moves, natty suits and designer eyeglasses, Huang prefers a low profile. He slipped out of a news conference announcing the baseball deal after briefly answering questions limited to that specific venture. Public relations handlers said no official biography was available.

Chinese media reports say Huang was born in 1964 into a well-connected family in the southern city of Guangzhou, and was a star badminton player before quitting to achieve a higher education.

Having shown a flair for languages, he studied economics and finance at New York's Columbia University before working at the New York Stock Exchange, where, according to the newspaper Economic Observer, he dealt primarily with investors from Japan and the Chinese-speaking world. He left in 1991 to work as a private financial adviser, building up a client list among mainland Chinese investors, the paper said.

Huang was quoted as saying that he recognized how sports helped him bond with his American classmates, prompting his entry into the industry.

His landmark deal with Cleveland would give the investor group he leads 15 percent of the Cavaliers. With the team valued at $477 million last year by Forbes, that would amount to about $72 million.

In baseball, Huang promises to inject several million dollars per year into the Chinese youth league for a decade.

While those relatively modest investments do not put Huang in the same league as Manchester United and Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer or Chelsea's Roman Abramovich, they are nonetheless remarkable for a Chinese business group, most of which favor less glamorous investments in resources and manufacturing.

Sports marketing itself has yet to take off in China, with domestic leagues suffering from a lack of fans and sponsors.

Huang entered the field cautiously, first partnering with Ganis to broker deals with the Houston Rockets and New York Yankees to market the teams to Chinese businesses.

The Cavaliers deal seems a perfect fit. For years, the NBA, eager to internationalize, had been pushing for an international group to become involved in team ownership.

Huang had the connections and ambition to put together an investment group, bringing in Adrian Cheng, whose family controls Hong Kong's New World Development real estate conglomerate. The deal still needs league approval, something it is almost certain to obtain.

The NBA already has a huge fan base in China -- mainly because of Houston Rockets center Yao Ming.

The same can't be said for U.S. baseball, despite its popularity in Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea. Although China has a seven-team professional league, few Chinese know much about the sport and games are rarely shown on television.

Worse still, baseball has been cut from the Olympic program, giving China's medal-obsessed sports bureaucrats little incentive to award it funding.

"It's a work in progress and we're going step by step," said Lei Jun, chairman of the Chinese Baseball Association, whose professional duties also include overseeing development of softball, hockey and handball.

Ganis says support from Major League Baseball will be crucial. He said baseball can be sold successfully as a sport built on team play and organization rather than individualism, and on its non-contact nature.

"It's an excellent opportunity and I'm very confident in the future of Chinese baseball," Huang said.

Adrian Cheng: the Asian retail heir who is aiming to change the way we shop - Telegraph

Mr Cheng is the third-generation heir of one of Asia's most influential business families. The family is ranked as the 112th richest in the world by Forbes, with a net worth of over US$7.7bn (£4.8bn). The dynasty owns a portfolio of companies including the Hong Kong-listed New World Development, one of the Far East's biggest retail, shopping mall and real estate businesses. Mr Cheng, aged 31, runs a bunch of them.

Thanks for the articles mate, the fact that the middle eastern buyer hasn't come forward makes me think that they might be a bit more serious about buying the club. Not trying to publicity like alot of people that have been liked with us have turned out to. Or maybe it's a bluff to bump the Chinese's price up.

Chinese bidder says he wants to keep Rafa Benitez as Liverpool boss if he buys the club - Exclusive - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Chinese businessman Kenneth Huang has revealed he is in talks to buy Liverpool – and Rafa Benitez is at the heart of his £500million masterplan.

Huang, a former Wall Street broker who has a huge portfolio of investment interests in Hong Kong and the United States, is at the head of a consortium interested in ending the ownership deadlock at Anfield.

He has claimed he has been granted access to the club’s accounts by Tom Hicks and George Gillett and that he expects a deal to be in place within the next two months.

And Huang has already contacted Benitez to give him assurances about the future in a bid to keep the Spaniard out of the clutches of Italian giants Juventus.

Huang, who is working alongside business partner Adrian Cheng on the deal, said: “Negotiations have taken place over the last few months and we are at a crucial stage.

“I really hope it turns out to be a successful bid. Right now my audit team is examining the books and my legal team is in close contact with theirs.We have a fierce competitor in the Middle East, but it could be finalised in June.”

He added: “I was first approached (to buy Liverpool) in 2008 when I was in Singapore attending a Formula One Grand Prix, but the asking price was 1billion US dollars.

“It was totally unreasonable so I turned it down. The asking price has dropped significantly and we are talking again.

“I want Liverpool to win the Champions League and Premier League and I think Benitez is a very good coach.”

Typical Mirror running a old story. I dont think we can take this guy seriously.

Thanks for the articles mate, the fact that the middle eastern buyer hasn't come forward makes me think that they might be a bit more serious about buying the club. Not trying to publicity like alot of people that have been liked with us have turned out to. Or maybe it's a bluff to bump the Chinese's price up.

Maybe its DIC? Anyone?