You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John fucking Terry

Red Mist

He did make contact and what Townsend is saying is right, but it was still a red card offence as he still went though onto the player. that's my take on it. What Townsend says isn't really a defence, more explaining, like the mont says

Does any one actually listen to what Townsend says any way? If the answer is no, why is anyone listening to the cunt now?

Any way fuck him and fuck terry, Thanks for listening.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is Tommy Smith and Ron Harris were allowed to make those type of tackles in the 60s and 70s but they have been outlawed now whether we like it or not.

Townsend is missing the point because while going to ground with your studs up to play a bouncing ball like the one in front of Milner was physically the only way Terry could to do it, it isn't allowed.

Terry wasn't close enough to make a legal challenge on his feet so has decided to make an illegal and dangerous challenge that could have had more serious consequences. He can't bleat about getting some of the ball because the whole basis of his decision making about the tackle was wrong.

We might all disagree about the Smith/Harris tackles going out of the game but the truth is FIFA have banned them. Off your feet, studs up has gone (whatever your motivation).

I saw just about all of Tommy Smith`s career and can`t recall anything like that type of tackle, that is - high leg breaking stuff. His tackling style was the standard block tackle or the low sliding tackle, often with both feet and at full momentum, anything over the ball was a complete no no. He was a very compact tackler.

Problem is Tommy Smith and Ron Harris were allowed to make those type of tackles in the 60s and 70s but they have been outlawed now whether we like it or not.

Townsend is missing the point because while going to ground with your studs up to play a bouncing ball like the one in front of Milner was physically the only way Terry could to do it, it isn't allowed.

Terry wasn't close enough to make a legal challenge on his feet so has decided to make an illegal and dangerous challenge that could have had more serious consequences. He can't bleat about getting some of the ball because the whole basis of his decision making about the tackle was wrong.

We might all disagree about the Smith/Harris tackles going out of the game but the truth is FIFA have banned them. Off your feet, studs up has gone (whatever your motivation).

I very much doubt we do.

That tackle was a red card before he even made contact. Howard Webb is easily the worst referee on the planet.

He can make the challenge and it not even be a foul, it's all in the timing. If he's got the ball and got his studs out of the way of Milner in time then it can be deemed to not even be a foul. I'll regularly tackle with my studs up because the other options often leave your ankle in a side-on position, or your toes extended and reaching, and you really don't want to tip the ball away from someone trying to hoof it 80 yards and have your ankle dangling in there.

You can make that tackle and it be safe but there is a higher risk that you'll hurt the other person when you do it. It's a risk you take when you make the tackle. This was a little different though as it isn't a case of Milner kicking Terry's studs because he didn't get them out the way, it's about Terry deliberately following through onto his knee to hurt him.

He knew what he was doing even before he went in for the 'challenge'.

No way he would have been able to retract his foot in time when it became clear his was going to follow through on Milner's leg, too short a distance for him not to be able to judge the outcome ahead of the 'tackle', also meaning less time for Milner to react to his incoming stud attack.

The intent was there.

To be fair to him (and I hate the man with a passion) it looked like he went over to Milner after bitching to Webb on the clip as he ran back in his direction (just as the playback cuts in).

Doesn't make any excuses for it mind.

Edited by Juniper

Every tme I see that it looks worse. I can't decide what I'm most amazed by; the tackle itself which could have broken his leg or fundamentally fucked his knee ligaments, Webb only deeming it worthy of a yellow, or the fact that he still gobbed off to Webb about the booking.

Him and Lampard are a proper pair of cunts, Lampard's speciality being tackles over the ball whilst Terry is just a snide cunt - shithouse tackles and elbows all over the place when he jumps. He obviously sees himself as some kind of old school hardman, which is hilarious considering how many times he's been seen bawling his eyes out. Thing is, he can give it out against younger or more physically slight players but he doesn't like it when he gets a bit back. A proper hard man like Souness would have snapped him in half.

I have a passionate dislike of not just Terry but of his mother too, for bringing him into the world. The fucking whore, I will kick her in the cunt if I ever see her.

To be fair, she also had to give birth to his twin. Can't have been easy on her:

transvestite_lucy_mbd210109display.jpg

Repost, but I love it.

Kicking racism out of football:

chelsea+league+cup+2.jpg

Not meaning to be a tit, but that's a bit over the top. Swallowed his tongue there and if it wasn't for medics could've been dead. Even if he is a twat for that tackle and various other things.

edit : my sense of humour is probably off with it being today and all too, so apologies.

Oh and I can't believe Webb is our world cup ref, am already ashamed. Fuck knows what problems he'll cause over there with the things he's already done in the PL. Hopefully he sorts his head out and quickly.

Edited by Red Phoenix