You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

It would be funny to have Sven for the obligatory sexual scandal, he's got the love thing going on.

He could swing his schlong next to the 'This is Anfield' sign.

It'd be a fair achievement, it must be two foot above head height.

He'd probably give it a go, like.

I know very little about Pellegrini. He did well last year with Real in the league, but then again he did have Ronaldo, Alonso etc.

At Villarreal he did well, but all their play went through Riquelme from what I remember.

Can anyone who knows him well, let us know what his style of management is and his approach?

I know very little about Pellegrini. He did well last year with Real in the league, but then again he did have Ronaldo, Alonso etc.

At Villarreal he did well, but all their play went through Riquelme from what I remember.

Can anyone who knows him well, let us know what his style of management is and his approach?

Well they didn't have Roman the year they finished 2nd. And he is available on a free if needs be...

Hello

His playing style could be considered a tad defensive when he managed Villareal. But he opted for a little more of an attack minded approach when at Real, owing to the fact he had a better squad at his disposal.

He had Real set up as a rigid unit who were direct, utilising fast paced counter-attacks, etcetera.

He'll maintain aspects of what Benitez nurtured, I would imagine, but ultimately look for more a cutting thrust in the final third to kill teams off.

Cottagers Daily has gone live, too:

Cottagers Daily Rumor Mill: Has Manuel Pellegrini Signed A Deal To Become The New Liverpool Manager?

Russ_pic_tiny by Russ Goldman on Jun 19, 2010 12:21 AM BST

Cottagers Daily Rumor Mill: Has Manuel Pellegrini Signed A Deal To Become The New Liverpool Manager? - Cottagers Confidential

Jasper Juinen - Getty Images

View full size photo »

Is it possible that Manuel Pellegrini has signed on to become the new Liverpool manager? Richard Buxton of Click Liverpool actually had a twitter message about Manuel Pellegrini and Liverpool. Buxton states in his tweet that there is a report from Chile that Pellegrini has signed with Liverpool this morning. Then, Richard Buxton of Click Liverpool followed up his tweet with an article entitled " Manuel Pellegrini set to be unveiled as next Liverpool FC manager - Report"

I also have a report from Prensafutbol. According to this article, Pellegrini signed to become Liverpool manager this morning. If this story is true this is huge news in the football world.

Below is a translated into English excerpt from this Prensafutbol article. The article discusses Pellegrini's agent having talks with Liverpool.

On Thursday, the representative of Pellegrini, Marco Piccioli, had said that "we are evaluating the operation and will soon have a new meeting to better define the final details of the contract." This meeting was finalized this morning, with the signing of the link between the former coach of painting 'merengue' and champion of the Champions League in 2005.

There has been no official word from Liverpool. At this point these articles are speculation. There has been so many rumors regarding this job. I think we are just going to have to wait and see what happens next with this Liverpool managerial saga. I will be following this story and will have an update when more information is available.

It's all true, unfortunately nobody has been able to get hold of Roy Hodgson last seen entering a fancy dress store in liverpool to see how he feels after been used as a decoy to stop the press finding out Manuel Pellegrini was actually their no1 target instead.

Manuel Pellegrini has told reporters after his sucessfull meeting at anfield it's a huge honour to manage a cwub wike wiverpool.

lolban.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's all true, unfortunately nobody has been able to get hold of Roy Hodgson last seen entering a fancy dress store in liverpool to see how he feels after been used as a decoy to stop the press finding out Manuel Pellegrini was actually their no1 target instead.

Manuel Pellegrini has told reporters after his sucessfull meeting at anfield it's a huge honour to manage a cwub wike wiverpool.

lolban.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That pic is wonderful and terrifying in equal measure. Repped.

Every day that I see that Hodgson is not our manager, I pray to the Lord for prayers answered. 5 years ago we won the European Cup, after a 20 year hiatus. Now it's come to this, Yank Apologists dancing to their tune. Wake up.

[YOUTUBE]nrs8CgpH980[/YOUTUBE]

He's not a yank apologist. He hasn't said anything about them as far as I'm aware(?). We assume he'll be a yes man, but what's to say he would be? I don't want us to appoint him like, but I'd get beind him if we did and I don't agree with all this baseless labelling of a manager before he's given any eveidnce to indicate how he would work with the Yanks.

At Real Madrid he was pretty much a 'yes man' as he didn't have a say on who the club are going to buy and he'll be used to the internal politics at a club as Real have just as much of that going on as we do.

You only have to look at the alternatives to him, to answer your own question

Exactly. Sure Pellegrini has his negative points, but he looks a much better option to me than Hodgson, Hughes, O'Neill. I don't think there is any chance at all the board will give it to Kenny, sadly.

What genuinely excites me about Pellegrini managing us is that for the first time since 1991, not even the bitterest of Manc journalists will be able to call us negative (with all due respect to the superb football that was played with varying degrees of infrequency under Evans, Houllier and Benitez), because if (big if) we still have Torres and Gerrard under him I don't think we'll be playing at all like we did last season. From only a limited actual knowledge of his career I would say he has a very different "idea" to Rafa...

He's not a yank apologist. He hasn't said anything about them as far as I'm aware(?). We assume he'll be a yes man, but what's to say he would be? I don't want us to appoint him like, but I'd get beind him if we did and I don't agree with all this baseless labelling of a manager before he's given any eveidnce to indicate how he would work with the Yanks.

Wasnt talking about Hodgson, RobbieF.

But I thought that was just Real's management policy? I was under the impression that no Madrid manager ever picked his own players. In fact, I thought that's how it worked in Spain in general. I remember alot of people on here alluding to the fact that Rafa's transfer record at Valencia was irrelevant as it was the board who selected and bought any transfer targets? Correct me if I'm wrong mate.

Exactly. Sure Pellegrini has his negative points, but he looks a much better option to me than Hodgson, Hughes, O'Neill. I don't think there is any chance at all the board will give it to Kenny, sadly.

What genuinely excites me about Pellegrini managing us is that for the first time since 1991, not even the bitterest of Manc journalists will be able to call us negative (with all due respect to the superb football that was played with varying degrees of infrequency under Evans, Houllier and Benitez), because if (big if) we still have Torres and Gerrard under him I don't think we'll be playing at all like we did last season. From only a limited actual knowledge of his career I would say he has a very different "idea" to Rafa...

This is based on how he handled Real?

I am going to reserve judgement, as I remember just before Rafa took over we thought he'd have us playing top, one / two touch football like his Valencia side did - which destroyed us at Anfield. Unfortunately that didn't materialise.

I am going to reserve judgement, as I remember just before Rafa took over we thought he'd have us playing top, one / two touch football like his Valencia side did - which destroyed us at Anfield. Unfortunately that didn't materialise.

It was hit and miss with Rafa. It just seemed, he couldn't understand the Prem well enough to realise when was the right times to realse the shackles,and when was the right times to be cautious.

But at times, we played some devestating football under him, we took teams apart. Remember Juventus at Anfield in 2005? We played off the park for the first half. That was the first time we saw some truly great attacking football from Rafa, end of 2008/2009 season as well?