You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carragher will play there I'd imagine.

Why some are saying Agger I've no idea.

Isn't Agger left footed?

He can get forwards (we need as many going forwards as possible) and he can defend. Like most world class left backs.

Kyrgiakos should stop that Cardoza (?) having a free night heading the ball, hopefully.

Carra doesn't like playing at full back (allgedly).

Johnson is a right back, not a left back.

Unless Rafa is prepared to throw one of our promising youngsters in (which he won't) then Agger seems to be nailed on.

Unless he plays Yossi, Riera or Masch there, which is probable.

How could Mavinga possibly be in contention if he isnt registered in the Europa League Squad?

Because he's U21. But he's not in contention anyways as he's way too inexperienced for this kind of game. He hasn't even looked all that at LB in the reserves. Academy guys have come in and looked better than him in that position.

3 at the back, 5 in mid, 2 up top? I don't really trust us to be experimenting with moving our defensive players out of position at this stage.

But you are comfortable changing our formation at the back from 4 to 3? And this against a team who proved on Thursday they're pretty good at stretching teams?

Agger left back, Nick the Greek takes his place in the middle...sorted.

Agreed. May even be a blessing in disguise as Insua was getting raped by Di Maria on Thursday. Agger is clever enough to show him where to go. Kyrgiakos should also be able to mark Cardozo well in the air. Should definitely be an interesting night, and maybe, just maybe, a fantastic European night.

-------------------------Reina--------------------------

Glo-Jo---------Carra--------------Kyrgiakos--------Agger

---------------Gerrard---------Mascherano-------------

Kuyt------------------Aquilani------------------Benayoun

-----------------------Torres---------------------------

-------------------------Reina--------------------------

Glo-Jo---------Carra--------------Kyrgiakos--------Agger

---------------Gerrard---------Mascherano-------------

Kuyt------------------Aquilani------------------Benayoun

-----------------------Torres---------------------------

I'd go with that. at least it has some balance about it.

I remember DT saying Agger hadn't played left back before, he is Dutch as well, so he should know.

I wouldn't play the Greek, especially if Saviola is back for them, he's got the turning circle of the Titanic and Saviola would just spin off him all night.

Carra and Agger CH; Johnson LB; Mascherano RB and Gerrard alongside Aquilani in the middle. Cheers.