You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa opinion poll

Guest davelfc

What do you want?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want?

• Rafa sacked now
    • Rafa sacked at the end of the season
    • Rafa deserves one more season
    • Rafa needs to stay.

Correct, the fans have been magnificent to Benitez, and in fairness i think he acknowledges this.

As someone who wants him to be given another season at least, I think quite a few have been fair this week and haven't jumped on the result and people like me, but simply pointed to their previous arguments.

Others are cunts. Odius parasitic cunts.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In 2004 Liverpool, while not the ugliest girl at the disco, were certainly down on their luck...a divorcee with a bit of baggage but you knew that with some changes and tweaks she could still be a knockout..

So when two suitors came along everyone though she would plump for the guy in the fancy coat, brash and cocky with a penchant for winding up LFC's elderly neighbour, that's the guy for her we thought.

But the handsome gentleman snubbed her and instead she was left with Mr. Dependable, steady Eddie...never one to particularly rock the boat, he'll provide a good life for her and show her that while excitement and flair are fleeting, stability is a real quality. In the beginning he did all he could to show her the best time of her life and she was persuaded to put her doubts to one side and commit to him. In May 2005 they were wed in a spectacular ceremony and it seemed they were made for life.

Five years on and the looks have gone, the excitement is virtually nil and the passion is all invested in trying to recapture former nights that we can never get back. Liverpool are now in a mid life crisis. Watching Rafa unable to even bring himself to stand up at points in the game last night and instead sit there with a glazed expression showed the world that he is in the most loveless of marriages. He'd leave tomorrow if it wasn't for his children Pepe, Fernando, Javier & Lucas. Liverpool as a team are slowly withering up and just accepting that this is their lot in life now, no longer the bridesmaids now they are not even getting an invite to the big day.

I was not angry watching Liverpool last night, just sadly resigned to taking stick today and pointlessly defending the team and the manager. The fact is they have no passion for each other any more and at this point you don't need Relate to come round and tell you that perhaps a quick divorce would be best. Rafa is more like a friend or a big brother now, perhaps a senorita will take his eye on his holidays, I wish him all the happiness in the world but I think its time we saw other people.

YNWA

Gav, Scotland"

somebody posted this on 365. the second part kind of sums up how i feel

Guest TK-421
Sadly he will be sacked. As will the next one next year and the one the year after that.

I've hinted at this before and was shouted down and was told we'd never be Newcastle/Leeds.

However, if there is no further investment/change of ownership and the next manager struggles he won't last long.

I voted now only because I think we have more chance of finishing 4th if he was to go now but I can understand those who want to wait till the summer.

As for those who think Rafa should stay or at least get another season it is a free world and everyone is entitled to there opinion however fucked up it might be.

I've hinted at this before and was shouted down and was told we'd never be Newcastle/Leeds.

However, if there is no further investment/change of ownership and the next manager struggles he won't last long.

I don't think that's the case to be honest; i honestly think the fans pretty much determine when a managers end is nigh and no supporters in the world support their manager more than Liverpool.

Love how after 6 fucking years in the job some fans want to make out that we're suddenly goign to become Newcastle when it comes to our turnover of managers? If we have no money then we are fucked regardless right? So I'd rather take the chance on someone, that we might pull a Wenger out of the hat rather than stick with the status quo out of fear of a fear of a slide down the table that would appear inevitable anyway.

Just thinking there, 6 fucking years and still no discernible style of football of our own?? That is fucked up. What do they do in training every day?

Love how after 6 fucking years in the job some fans want to make out that we're suddenly goign to become Newcastle when it comes to our turnover of managers? If we have no money then we are fucked regardless right? So I'd rather take the chance on someone, that we might pull a Wenger out of the hat rather than stick with the status quo out of fear of a fear of a slide down the table that would appear inevitable anyway.

Just thinking there, 6 fucking years and still no discernible style of football of our own?? That is fucked up. What do they do in training every day?

But he isn't arguing that we are Newcastle he is arguing that we can become like them! And he is right.

We are standing here now after we have been beaten by Wigan for the first time in the premiership and thinking it could be time (not me), some were adamant he should go two years ago!

And they have been jumping on any sign of weakness since.

Put it this way, a new manager comes in at the end of the season, do you reckon those posters 'who always knew' that Rafa would fail, will be telling us whether or not the new man will win the league?

You missed the last 3 months of last season then did you? Or do we not count that and only refer to the car crash of this season as the reference for Rafas entire career at Liverpool?

I know things are shite, and I know he may need to go in the summer, but I hate this shite that how we are playing now defines his entire career here.

So it has now changed and the majority of Liverpool fans want him sacked?

There was a similar poll a couple of months ago. Seriously, what has got worse in those couple of months to make people change their mind? I don't think anything has changed at all.

I'd say it's people willing to give the man time.

Nothing has changed in that we are still playing awfully. But as far as I could tell, a lot of people felt that he was allowed a shite season given the progress in previous seasons and the constraints he has to work under. But this poll was started immediately following a particularly awful performance so it may have swayed a few when they voted, who may then sway back. Or it may have tipped them over the edge.

Again, for me, nothing has changed, it's just that I don't like how football is now whereby it's always the managers fault and because we haven't taken the step we thought we would after last season, we should now sack him. I'm still waiting until the summer to see what happens in teh larger scale at the club before the manager and players are taken into account. That's my take on it anyway.

EDIT - I would also add that I think a very important option was left out which would have been "Wait until the summer and see then". That's how I would have voted but instead I had to decide on sacking him in 2 months, or giving him another year. I'm still between the two.

Those that were against Rafa last year were overplaying their influence, they were a minority, and up until the last month or so, still were.

Those that want him gone now, are probably still in the minority.

Read the poll results. You are wrong. Those that want him gone right now or at the end of the season are in fact part of a pretty big majority.

Fans poll. The same poll that was used to say that the majority of fans wanted Rafa to stay a couple of months ago.

So Polls change, I don't know what your point is!

Unless it's to be a bit smug and rub peoples face in the fact that you were right all along, if you want me to tell you how great all those who voted Rafa out a couple of months you will have a wait.

Not speaking for anyone else, but at this point I am a bit confused, not sure what I want for next season, my gut instinct is for him to stay and I think he deserves another season, but I wonder if it might be best all around for him to go.

:lol:

I know usually when there are two differing opinions, threads like yours can be seen for how they are meant (i.e. disagreeing with a point you think is absurd). But you've genuinely lost me here. I really can't see how my point is so way off, if that is what you meant. It is very clear that there is a large move towards wanting Rafa out, but I still feel an important option is missing that many people would have voted for. I could be wrong of course, but your reply to this point is odd to say the least.

No, my initial point was that it seems like the fans opinion has changed (according to this poll) and now the majority want Rafa sacked. My point was to ask what has changed in the last 2 months to make such a sudden change of opinion.

And I love acting smug.

Guest PurpleNose
I still feel an important option is missing that many people would have voted for.

I haven't voted because there isn't an option that represents my view.