You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Have just got Saints Row 4 (have never played one of these games before, always stuck to GTA) and unlocked some of the powers in it, it's fucking awesome. It's probably going to be one of my favourite games by the looks of it. It's like a cross between GTA and The Matrix! Fucking brilliant.

Have only been playing what seems like 1-2 hours, but character is already customised to the point that I'm happy with it, can use the phone for good car to load up, and have super sprint and super jumps. I'm not a player that really cares about the story in these games so am going to go off and do whatever I feel like next time I'm on it.

GTA has always felt too normal for me, this seems to have already fixed that problem with the sci-fi/superhero elements it has in it. Graphics might not be that good and am not sure about the size of the city (looks like a cross between GTA 3 and 4 from a quick look), but it looks like it'll be great for free roaming gameplay so am more than happy with it.

I played Saints Row 3 and 4, both in coop. I think the coop factor is the true USP of the series. Letting you do all the missions together is great fun, while everyone can customize their chars and cars.

SR3 was rather normal, very close to a regular GTA game - it was only in 4 they went full mental and let you jump all over the city and stuff. That is all fun for a while, but everything else becomes irrelevant so I think all in all I preferred 3 to 4. Both solid games though.

So nobody wants a Souls 2 key? It's free you fucks!

SR3 is completely bonkers. Until you play SR4, which is more nuts and gives you superpowers to the point where you don't actually need vehicles any more. Both well worth getting and usually available damn cheap on sale somewhere.

Edit: I have a free SR3 steam key if you want it , RP.

I have a free SR4 key if anyone else wants it.

Oh and SR2.

• Upvote 1

Edit: I have a free SR3 steam key if you want it , RP.

Thanks for offering but my laptop won't be able to handle it. Besides, I'm only really into this game for the sci-fi/superhero parts it has in it anyway. That's mainly why I've not played a Saints Row game before, didn't realise this was like it was until I looked it up recently.

Have started playing through the story now because I found out that you can get :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

daylight in the city once you've finished it, it'll be good to be able to have that when going around the city and collecting/exploring/doing sidequests later.

The story quests are crazy but they're at least mixing things up well so far. It's good to now be able to glide and run up buildings too. I said it was like GTA + The Matrix in the previous post, would definitely add Prototype to that now after playing some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Assassins Creed Syndicate 7/10

Finally complete this after having it in my collection for about a year and a half. Starts well but then just gets very samey and the game system starts to get a bit buggy.

Didn't even see the final mission coming, seemed to be a distinctive lack of build up. Was one of those "was that it?" Moments

Still the game looks stunning and not a bad way to kill the hours, just fell a bit towards the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Had never heard of this until Tuesday morning when it was released. Read a couple of reviews, some of which were more favourable than others, and was intrigued by it's story and approach to mental health. You play as Senua, a Pict warrior, who has lost her lover recently, as she journeys into the Norse version of hell to reclaim their souls from the goddess, Hela. Senua also suffers from severe mental illness which features heavily in the game's style.

The game is a combination of Dark Souls-style combat, though not as hard, and walking simulator. It has no HUD, the voices in her head are constantly talking to her/you and the game is really grim.

Really liked it, it has flaws such as: the boss battles are like endurance tests, there is a lot of walking and the permadeath feature (used to be called game over when I was a lad) which wipes your save game if you die too often.

It's £24 on PSN and the developer, Ninja Theory, only had a small team working on it yet it's a beautiful game to look at. Worth your time purely because it's the sort of game that deserves support. 8 out of 10.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Had never heard of this until Tuesday morning when it was released. Read a couple of reviews, some of which were more favourable than others, and was intrigued by it's story and approach to mental health. You play as Senua, a Pict warrior, who has lost both her lover recently, as she journeys into the Norse version of hell to reclaim their souls from the goddess, Hela. Senua also suffers from severe mental illness which features heavily in the game's style.

The game is a combination of Dark Souls-style combat, though not as hard, and walking simulator. It has no HUD, the voices in her head are constantly talking to her/you and the game is really grim.

Really liked it, it has flaws such as: the boss battles are like endurance tests, there is a lot of walking and the permadeath feature (used to be called game over when I was a lad) which wipes your save game if you die too often.

It's £24 on PSN and the developer, Ninja Theory, only had a small team working on it yet it's a beautiful game to look at. Worth your time purely because it's the sort of game that deserves support. 8 out of 10.

Was going to get this, but the fact you can only purchase online put me off.  I prefer the disc version of games, as I trade them when I have finished as I'd have no interest in playing it again once I have completed it. 

I saw a clip of "Wolfenstein : The New Blood" and i like the idea of killing Nazis. Should i take the plunge?

The Wolfenstein games, The New Order & The Old Blood are a blast, definitely worth picking up and playing.

The upcoming game, The New Colossus, is due for release in late October. I'm expecting this to be as good as TNO & TOB, if not better.

The Wolfenstein games, The New Order & The Old Blood are a blast, definitely worth picking up and playing.

The upcoming game, The New Colossus, is due for release in late October. I'm expecting this to be as good as TNO & TOB, if not better.

This, times 10.

ID know how to make a great shooter and Wolfenstein is a great shooter!

• 4 weeks later...

Destiny 2

Not played enough yet, but spent ten minutes climbing to an out of reach platform and then spent a further five minutes dancing.

...out of ten.

I've missed this game.

I've not stopped playing it since it came out.

Absolutely love this game. I stopped playing the first one because I just didn't have the time but have not been working recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Story line still isn't up to much buy just run bingo around doing raids/strikes and trying to get the best equipment I can. Gotta love grinding...not grindr.

I've not stopped playing it since it came out.

Absolutely love this game. I stopped playing the first one because I just didn't have the time but have not been working recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Story line still isn't up to much buy just run bingo around doing raids/strikes and trying to get the best equipment I can. Gotta love grinding...not grindr.

I really enjoyed the first one so I am sure I will enjoy this. Just a bit pricey at the moment.

Elder Scrolls Online, 9.5/10 so far.

Have rarely moved out of the Valenwood area of the game since starting late Saturday/early Sunday, and feel like I could probably keep that going for a good while yet with the amount of content each area has (Valenwood has 4 large zones, two that I've hardly even been in yet.) Have only done a few quests from the main story, and have just started doing some of the Wood Elf quests which I'm liking so far. Haven't been forced into any quest that requires me to play with others either, the game can be played almost completely single player if you choose to from what I've read. It being a one-off payment to get the main part of the game is great too, so that the monthly payment thing isn't an issue where I'm wondering if I can keep playing if short of cash.

The only issue I have is fearing getting addicted and not getting other stuff done as I've barely scratched the surface of what the game has.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice cheap little indie game called HEADLINER.

You're basically the chief news editor for a fictional country, deciding what headlines go out on the news. The stories you promote (or bury) end up having ramifications for society and your family. Be nice about immigrants and genetically unmodified citizens, or go full Murdoch. Only takes about half an hour to play through, but I enjoyed it.

Nervous about playing Destiny 2 on the new PS4 Pro just set up. I've heard all kinds of unreliability errors with the Pro version but will install it and try and get a game on tomorrow night. PS4 Pro to the LG OLED TV is a sight to behold.