You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aliens...

NelCarra

I used to work in India Buildings and about ten years ago I walked past Paul Reiser, who was apparently filming something at the time in Liverpool, and i just blurted out "Burke!" and he gave me this kind of resigned, Burke-like, half smile, which i was made up with.

Wasn't he in something where he played a successful American businessman who discovered he had roots in Liverpool so came back to meet his family?

Just found it on IMDB - it was called My Beautiful Son.

This is the only memorable quote they had for it:

Jerry Lipman: Toxteth, mother. Tox-teth. Yeah, sort of a combination of the words "toxic" and "death".

Esther Lipman: So it's a slum?

Jerry Lipman: It aspires to be a slum.

Was on Film4 last night. Sky plussed as this thread made me realise I hadn't watched it in years and needed to get on that shit.

Also, Sutty - that picture you left me is scarily accurate.

Ummm... not stalking you or anything, mate...

Alien and Aliens are both fucking immense. Watched Aliens the other day again on Film 4's films of the 80's.

If I had to choose my favourite out of the two, it would narrowly be Alien. The atmosphere and tension is just superb.

Horses for courses really. I prefer Terminator to T2 because of the same reason.

Agree on both counts, but in Alien/Aliens case it's a lot closer. The worrying thing for me with Terminator/Terminator 2 is that the more i've watched them, the more i've realised that 2 is basically a re-tread of the original but with better effects and Arnie as the good guy. Still great, but as SF sequels go, Aliens is up there with the greatest ever made.

I think there needs to be a shout out to my man Wierzbowski. He gets limited airtime and dies straight away with about 5 lines in the whole film. He basically gets fucked over. He gets injured shortly after Crowe gets blown up and then never mentioned again.

Look how sad he is about Crowe's death. He's a man who's not afraid to show his emotions:

Wierzbowski%27s_shock.jpg