You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Callow,cowardly,inspiration sucking Benitez

thompsonsnose

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their league positions haven't been identical though. Wenger and Rafa's nearly have.

I thought you were one of the ones that think trophies are everything, so why can't Rafa be described as being better in the last 6 years than Wenger?

Because looking at the overall picture in the last six years, i'm of the belief that he isn't?

It's worth a debate but to say that one manager has done better than another purely based on one fact, isn't logical, especially when you move the goalposts when the theory is proven to be flawed.

That's just not true though is it. Arsenal have played better and more effective football under Wenger. He's won the league with it.

Did I say the whole season? Did I? DID I?! Arsenal won the league as they were more consistent over 38 games. We had a rubbish patch but the football we played towards the end was better than anything I've seen from Arsenal.

You really must try to concentrate when reading.

Did I say the whole season? Did I? DID I?! Arsenal won the league as they were more consistent over 38 games. We had a rubbish patch but the football we played towards the end was better than anything I've seen from Arsenal.

You really must try to concentrate when reading.

I think we were absolutely superb in the run in to last season, but if i'm being totally honest, I think Arsenal's unbeaten team was better in terms of football.

They were just awesome, every week.

Should have is hardly an argument though, is it?

In 2002 they picked up 87 points. Again from 1 more win that we got last season.

2002 was also the first time Wenger got over 80 points. His 6th season.

Rafa has already achieved that twice.

Clutching now.

98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 - either 1st or second, mostly playing excellent football after donkey's years of Hoof (oh the irony).

Rafa doesn't compare, doesn't come close to be honest.

Clutching now.

98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 - either 1st or second, mostly playing excellent football after donkey's years of Hoof (oh the irony).

Two team league with a clutch of teams taking it in turns to be the third wheel (barring the odd anomaly)?

Clutching now.

Point being the competition is massively different now so it's lazy to compare it.

Wenger's, like Rafa's, lack of trophies during the last few years however is more of something worth comparing.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Their league positions haven't been identical though. Wenger and Rafa's nearly have.

I thought you were one of the ones that think trophies are everything, so why can't Rafa be described as being better in the last 6 years than Wenger?

Because that just wouldn't be cricket now, would it?

Was more quizzical than cold hard fact.....I'm right though, the footballing landscape of the premier league was different then, and has and will continue to change as more and more mega rich billionaires buy up clubs.

We're edging close to a situation in Russia where every few years there's a new super club as a new billionaire takes over (Dinamo Moscow, Spartak, CSKA, Zenit now Rubin are the new top dogs)