You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we got an offer for Gerrard.......

Accerdome14

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its the real world we have to face reality if we don't qualify.

Fair enough but you do realise without 1 of either I'd pretty much guarantee you we wont finish in the top 4, thus no CL money, probably lower attendances,lower merchandise sales. Simple thing is, if they sell one of them their fudging themselves in the craphole.

Well the Mancs sold Ronaldo and Tevez in the summer, would you call them a selling club?

Yeah but the Mancs wern't forced by finances. It was that greasy twat who had them by balls, and Tevez was never their own was he, he was on a loan I think?

Trust me, if tomorrow morning, the mancs announced they were selling off rooney,berbatov,vidic and whoever else because they need the money their fans would freak out! And they'd be screwed. Selling your best players is not the way to dig yourself out of a hole.

No I think you are missing the point, I am a big Liverpool fan and we take the CL for granted we get paid a lot of money from funding and TV rights from the CL and without that we are going to lose a lot of money to add to our problems.

I could NEVER pretend to be a Manc fan to try and score some Internet points.

I'd feel dirty and unclean.

Well i'm just glad we're not 600 odd million in debt like the mancs. And with Vidic looking like he wants out, Ferdinand crocked for large parts of every season,scholes and giggs on the way out and alot of their squad being pure dung. They could be in alot of trouble in a year or two. I cant see the glazers reinvesting because the banks have them by the short and curlies. They could end up having to sell players. And with the debt they have...boy oh boy....

of about 40m do you think that it is good business to let him go?

Personally, I think it would be a good deal, Gerrard has been below par, this season and he isn't getting any younger for me I believe it would be a bigger loss to lose Torres than Stevie G so 40m would help with the finances of the club.

EDIT .

I havent read all the thread because I'm so incensed at the utter stupidity of the thread, but I would not sell the best midfielder in Europe, bar none, a man who consistently delivers in teams that dont always perform. I would extend his playing time by getting some decent players to play alongside him and structure a team to complement him. If he hasnt been at his best this year it could be down to the fact that he is playing injured. So if we sell him, someone helps him gte fit then they have him coming back stronger than ever.

We need Torres and Gerrard, I think that much is evident

Edited by sparta7

EDIT .

I havent read all the thread because I'm so incensed at the utter stupidity of the thread, but I would not sell the best midfielder in Europe, bar none, a man who consistently delivers in teams that dont always perform. I would extend his playing time by getting some decent players to play alongside him and structure a team to complement him. If he hasnt been at his best this year it could be down to the fact that he is playing injured. So if we sell him, someone helps him gte fit then they have him coming back stronger than ever.

We need Torres and Gerrard, I think that much is evident

For me I think there are better midfielders in Europe than Stevie, such as Xavi, Iniesta, but he is our most valuable asset so depending on whether we qualify for the CL or not we may have to look at all the available opportunities including selling Gerrard.

For me I think there are better midfielders in Europe than Stevie, such as Xavi, Iniesta, but he is our most valuable asset so depending on whether we qualify for the CL or not we may have to look at all the available opportunities including selling Gerrard.

Getting back to my original point, SG consistently delivers in a side that isnt great. I am not sure that Xavi or Iniesta would do the same, magnificent players so they are.

To sell him would be idiocy.

neither Xavi or Iniesta are better than Gerrard, however good they may be.