You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The music's not as good.

Damn fucking right it isn't! Here's the haunting one i remember. I sky+ed the whole mini series off the sci fi channel a couple of weeks ago on a saturday but havent got round to watching it yet.

[YOUTUBE]GccknBnFfTk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• 7 months later...
You might get confused as there are a lot of characters. Just catch up online. I like the show.

Ok but what about that film 'X', about the American Muslim human rights leader? The first 9 films in that franchise completely passed me by...

Sorry Spesh I was only messing with my previous post.

Mid 80s V was boss though!

You'd have to go a long way to match the Final Battle. Watched it again lately and it's really top,top stuff, it's a bit of a lesson in emotional storytelling actually, when you strip all the laser guns and spaceships away, it's really all about power and oppression. The amount of depth to the characters is also impressive I think, and accomplished with only the minimum of work, even things like the way Ham Tyler (Michael Ironside) tells Ruby he saw Romeo and Juliette once in London (the guy is a hardened mercenary) and she asks how he ever became so dangerous. "you make it back in one piece, and I'll tell you the story of my life." George Lucas could have learned a lot from the writers.

The new V sucks donkey dick. It is badly written and badly acted. The female leader is fit and would get it (lizard or not) but this remake sucks.

THe CGI is abysmal. You can tell the shots inside the ship are all fake and less effective that the 1980s one

• 1 year later...
V: The Film Series

This will serve as a placeholder for the proposed movie series Kenneth Johnson is working diligently to get financed.

The plan is to remake the original V miniseries, updating the timeframe, but retaining the overall idea and favorite characters and upon completion, making a sequel film, based on his novel V: The Second Generation…which was of course based on a screenplay for a proposed television movie/mini-series which it was initially conceived as.

It is not known what effect ABC’s reimagined series will have on Kenneth’s efforts. Some would argue that the existence alone will hurt it as there will be a split fanbase, others would argue that a successful television show would prove V as a viable franchise to potential finaciers while a bomb of a show might cause the same financiers to back away from the brand name.

Maybe more happening with V

The new V sucks donkey dick. It is badly written and badly acted. The female leader is fit and would get it (lizard or not) but this remake sucks.

THe CGI is abysmal. You can tell the shots inside the ship are all fake and less effective that the 1980s one

Aye it's truly fucking awful.