You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pavel Nedved

Badix

looks like he's up for grabs

Former Juventus Ace Pavel Nedved: I Am Not Finished Just Yet

The former Bianconeri ace has hinted that he could make a U-turn on his decisions regarding his career...

Former Juventus ace Pavel Nedved admits his football career is far from over as he ponders playing for another Serie A side.

The Czech star has left Juventus, but he has been quiet over his future. His agent Mino Raiola is pushing his man to play on for at least another season. There is a good chance of that happening, but it will not be with Juve as Nedved hints at putting his retirement on hold, again.

"I have to think about it [whether to play on] and I have to remain calm. I will start off from zero," Nedved told Denik Sport.

"Juventus treated me very well and they want me to stay in touch with the team. I have had many offers to play and to do other things. What's certain is that I will not remain unemployed.

"It will be a difficult decision for me. I will go on holiday and think about it. I cannot predict my future just yet but it is definitely finished with Juventus."

A number of reports claimed Nedved could return to his old hunting ground, Lazio. When asked about the possibility of heading back to Rome the player didn't not exclude the move.

"I am in no rush [to make a decision], but never say never. There is no point saying that it's all over."

Nedved's words come just days after his agent Mino Raiola revealed he was working to find his client a placement at a big club

Former Juventus Ace Pavel Nedved: I Am Not Finished Just Yet - Goal.com

Still think he's got 1 if not 2 very good seasons left in him, would have him here in a heartbeat.

Not too keen. Brilliant player so he was, he is on a decline now. If he was still that good, then Juve wouldn't have let him go.

Although I suppose depending on his fitness levels, someone of his pedigree, with his experience of winning, could be a positive boost for the squad.

Not too keen. Brilliant player so he was, he is on a decline now. If he was still that good, then Juve wouldn't have let him go.

Well, after the 35-year-old Gary McAllister was such a success here, I wouldn't rule anything out.

That said, Nedved will be 37 in a few months...

Saw quite a bit of him this year. Still runs his heart out, put the pace is gone. The touch is still sublime though. What a player he was...and a thoroughly decent bloke by all accounts.

Thats the main problem with Nedved though, the fact he has lost his pace.

He has usually beaten players with combined skill and pace and when he cant do that he struggles as his game has never been about playing passes or putting in crosses, but instead being on the end of passes and on the end of one two`s and its his pace which has got him into those positions combined with a football brain and endless running.

Edit - Just noticed it was my 4000th post as well, at least I did not use foul language in it.

It would be a pointless signing for us given the stage of development of the squad, but he could still do a Gary McAllister-esque job for another Serie A club. After so long in Italy he would struggle elsewhere, and I'm sure his family have long-since settled. Still a fine player though, pace or no pace.

Look, I'm 33, and I know I'll never be the player I was when I was in my 20s. Of course I'm not a professional footballer, but come on, the man is 37, and a winger to boot. I dread to think what the Premier League would do to him at that age.

That is NOT someone we want or need in our team. We are not Bolton.

(I loved - and still love - Nedved for being the great player he was, but be serious.)