You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

I don't want to argue about whether or not he's black tbh I'm not saying he isn't I wouldn't want to say either way tbh today is the first I'm hearing about him being 'mixed race' or whatever.

Oh and I was only joking about with the Sicilian stuff Barzini got what I was talking about.

Nice of Ryan to point this out at the age of 37. He's only had 20 years to mention it like.

I knew anyway, his old man was a rugby league player.

It's not news. I remember reading something similar about 10 years back and it surprised me then that he was "part eggplant".

As for Suarez (the topic of the thread title no less), what we have to consider is that the contract and wages will be a similar amount to the transfer fee, so you're looking at a total investment of near enough £40m over a 4-5 year period. Of course we're going to try and whittle the transfer fee down, especially when it's being reported that the player is keen to move and the club need to sell.

Liverpool vangt bot bij Ajax over Suarez - AJAX - PAROOL

Dutch reporting that Comolli returning empty handed.

"A delegation from Liverpool who was with Ajax in Amsterdam on a transfer of Luis Suarez to negotiate, this morning returned to England empty-handed.

The delegates from both clubs, including Ajax's general director Rik van den Boog and Damien Comolli, technical director of Liverpool, spoke each morning at Schiphol.There is an unbridgeable gap between the provisional amount of his Ajax striker wants to receive - the club has reportedly deployed at 35 million euros."

From RAWK sorry.

Ridiculous this is taking so long. I'm beginning to get seriously annoyed by the lack of forward thinking from the club.

Keeping Babel and Jovo, who both should be out of here, and barely making a stamp on the transfer market.

The squad is piss poor and needs vital re-investment that doesn't appear to be coming. Come on NESV, put your hand in your pocket and get Suarez or atleast some back up for a thin squad on ridiculous amounts of money.

So suddently Ajax wants €35 million ?

Im sorry but im not buying it.

We've been negotiating this thing for over a week, surely we must have been getting close in terms of valuation, why the fuck else would we send people over there ?

So, we send people over there to supposedly finalise the deal, and out of the blue Ajax demands €35 million, biggest piss take in the history of negotiating it'd be.

Liverpool vangt bot bij Ajax over Suarez - AJAX - PAROOL

Dutch reporting that Comolli returning empty handed.

"A delegation from Liverpool who was with Ajax in Amsterdam on a transfer of Luis Suarez to negotiate, this morning returned to England empty-handed.

The delegates from both clubs, including Ajax's general director Rik van den Boog and Damien Comolli, technical director of Liverpool, spoke each morning at Schiphol.There is an unbridgeable gap between the provisional amount of his Ajax striker wants to receive - the club has reportedly deployed at 35 million euros."

From RAWK sorry.

In

my opinion that article looks utter shit. Why would Comolli fly over if we were still miles apart on the fee, a fee which seems to of risen by 10m Euros in a week I might add. Also I thought that Comolli was flying over either late last night or early this morning, surely he wouldn't fly over for a meeting he knew wasn't going to be successful and one that would only last a short time.

I call shenanigans.

Well, could it be that Ajax have seen how much English clubs have paid for Dzeko (admittedly Man City) and Bent (the might of Aston Villa), and think that Suarez merits a decent fee?

I think you're right, Suarez is easily as good as if not better than those 2, they know we're rich so they're taking the piss with the fee.

Although, I don't agree with the article. How long was the meeting, 5 minutes?

They would have only got to Ajax in the last hour or so, so that's going to be bullshit.

Kenny is obviously playing silly buggers re Babel.

Until they sell us Suarez, Babel is staying and is our player. I think that's the way to read it, we're not going to give them Babel early and continue haggling. And until we reach a point where we get what we want, and that point may never happen, then Babel will remain ours.

But it's a wee bit odd considering we accepted the Hoffenheim bid.

Mind you, Hoffenhein have still not agreed the sale of Ba, which was presumably why they were interested in Babel in the first place.

Clusterfuck.

I think you're right, Suarez is easily as good as if not better than those 2, they know we're rich so they're taking the piss with the fee.

Although, I don't agree with the article. How long was the meeting, 5 minutes?

They would have only got to Ajax in the last hour or so, so that's going to be bullshit.

Are we rich?

Until they sell us Suarez, Babel is staying and is our player. I think that's the way to read it, we're not going to give them Babel early and continue haggling. And until we reach a point where we get what we want, and that point may never happen, then Babel will remain ours.

Mind you, Hoffenhein have still not agreed the sale of Ba, which was presumably why they were interested in Babel in the first place.

Clusterfuck.

According to Sky they have

Ba seals Hammers move | Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Done Deal

Not posting artical as it the suarez thread.

Agrree with what your saying though is Kenny might be playing hardball to get a deal done, or the deal is totaly off. who knows.

Clusterfuck.

BBC Sport - Football - Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba set for move to West Ham

Senegal international Demba Ba has stated on his personal website that German side Hoffenheim and West Ham have agreed his loan for six months.