You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might do well, Moore is thought of well in TV land and all his stuff has been well recieved by critics. Fox just suck though, I'm surprised he is working with them.

FOX bought it off NBC while i was working on it (my cheques came from there).

not sure how that game works, but i guess some shows get traded.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, be gentle with me.

i'm not much for popular tv in general, hardly ever go to the movies or rent a current video.

i really wanted to watch a bit of BSG because i had heard good things aboot it, but quite honestly it didn't grab me at first, and is often on near/past my bedtime.

last night though it finally reeled me in. i started watching the final two episodes of the season at 8:00 last night and stayed up way past midnight (which to anyone who knows me is a BIG deal).

great drama, very bleak and harsh for tv, which i think is great writing. the CG quality was excellent and the characters and their interaction (which i'm still learning, of course) made for compelling viewing. the best thing was, for me, that it didn't suffer from very much fluff or unrealistic actions.

so now i have quite a lot of catching up to do since i've only seen just the two episodes. i don't think they were new ones either - the colonial planets are attacked by cylons and the human race is almost wiped out. it seems the cylons can jam, or shut down all the fighting vessels.

where am i in the scheme of things ? what can i look forward to ?

I got my girlfriend hooked were now at season 4 I keep want t drop hints and have been good so far as I dont want to ruin it for her.

Watching it again it made me appreciate how good the acting and writing is. Its like Sopranos in that regard I didnt take in how good it was until I watched it again.

Seriously i need something else, I have my routine, and watching an episode of BSG in bed after the mrs has fallen asleep was a vital part of my routine. Whats Stargate like, i've never bothered with that before. And another website was recommending Babylon 5 as being good, I'm pretty sure its shit though

• 4 weeks later...
I've just finished it, can someone recommend me another Sci fi series to get into?

I've been watching this again lately, it's absolutely top class. About a group of marines on a space carrier in a war against an alien race nicknamed The Chigs. You can tell Battlestar Galactica was heavily influenced by it and it was written by a couple of X Files writers.

Highly, highly recommended.

Space: Above and Beyond

Seriously i need something else, I have my routine, and watching an episode of BSG in bed after the mrs has fallen asleep was a vital part of my routine. Whats Stargate like, i've never bothered with that before. And another website was recommending Babylon 5 as being good, I'm pretty sure its shit though

Ah, same as me.

However, I've got 9 episodes left as I've just started the second half of season 4. Don't know what to do when it's finished.

Babylon 5 finished about 15 years ago, but the whole political story in Season 3 along with the EARTH CIVIL WAR was pretty amazing

If you can look past how dated the CGI is, its pretty god damn good. After Season 1, Bruce Boxleiter brought something to the story as well and the Season 1 story is actually the only TV story I've seen become good after watching every other season.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
Admiral Adama is such a baller though.

Does he wish he was a little bit taller? Does he wish he a girl that looked good? Would he call her?

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this is breaking news, but didn't see it posted anywhere...i loved the original cylons.

Bryan Singer onboard Battlestar Galactica film | Film | guardian.co.uk

The-Cylons-in-the-origina-001.jpg

He made Superman fly again and launched the X-Men on celluloid. Now Bryan Singer looks set for his most challenging job yet – the film-maker is to tackle a big-screen version of another big beast of sci-fi: Battlestar Galactica.

According to website Hitfix.com, Singer will direct and produce a reimagining of the saga, which centres on the attempts by a ragtag fleet of human survivors previously based on 12 planets to find a mythical 13th planet named Earth. Along the way, they must escape the nefarious attentions of the Cylons, the sentient robots that decimated their civilisation and now hopes to wipe them out altogether.

The move sees Singer returning to a project he had been working on in 2001 – his sequel to the original 1978 series created by Glen A Larson was reportedly less than three months from shooting when the plans had to be put on hold in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

Since then, the entirely different TV series spearheaded by Ron D Moore and David Eick – itself a reimagining that explored such minefield subjects as the politics of war, religion and torture – has played out over four series, for the most part to critical and audience acclaim.

The new film will reportedly not be related to the recently-ended series, nor to its upcoming small-screen prequel, Caprica, which will focus on life on the most populous of the 12 colonies a generation prior to the Cylon attacks. As yet, however, there appears to be no script in place and few other details.

Singer, whose credits include The Usual Suspects, The X-Men and its sequel X2, Superman Returns and the recent Tom Cruise vehicle Valkyrie, will have to contend with the legions of Battlestar fans from both the original series and the new show. Makers of the recent Galactica had to overcome the "GINO" (Galactica In Name Only) campaign which argued that the new version, with its introduction of Cylons who appear human as well as other variations, was not worthy of the moniker.

Universal will, however, have been encouraged by JJ Abrams's recent reboot of the Star Trek series on the big screen, featuring an entirely new cast playing the iconic original crew of the Starship Enterprise.