You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cat Pics

Alan Sex

I'm so sorry for the loss of your angels.

Many years ago, my sister called me to tell me one of our cats had died. I absolutely broke down. Utterly devastated, I was inconsolable for twenty minutes. 

I drove home from Nottingham to New Brighton in floods of tears. I was in such a bad way, I had to stop in a layby on the A50 somewhere past Uttoxeter. There was an old stone bridge - you can still see it from the dual carriageway - and I walked over to stand in the middle, just looking at the water and crying. 

Goodness knows why it hit me so hard, but that day I really learned the meaning of the word 'bereft'. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Been a really tough 48hrs but starting to process the loss. Rui was a rescue cat who was left abandoned with a broken leg. As much as he feels totally irreplaceable, totally feels right to find somebody else in need of help.

Some more photos of my best mate.

EDED8596-E206-48B2-8656-3F57623D7C0A.jpeg

3D5AC606-D9EE-4257-A706-3C908CAEEEC2.jpeg

B77F58F9-5767-4B76-A2C2-A7C099C490E8.jpeg

6AE44033-3B49-4417-8878-B91E0FAB04A4.jpeg

Gutted for you mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about Rui, MR.

It's been a week since Furnando died, and I'm only just getting back to some sense of normal, but it will never be the same around here.

It's cliched, but try to think of the all the good times. Don't focus on the tragedy, or it will eat you up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, neko said:

Sorry to hear about Rui, MR.

It's been a week since Furnando died, and I'm only just getting back to some sense of normal, but it will never be the same around here.

It's cliched, but try to think of the all the good times. Don't focus on the tragedy, or it will eat you up.

They do leave massive gaps. Even when you get new cats & kittens you still miss those who have passed on.  Condolences to you both. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My boy William is on his way out.

18 years old he’s been my buddy for 17 of them, and it’s hitting to see the boy coming to his end.

He’s had about 4 trips to the vets over the last 2 years that we’ve thought could’ve been his last but he’s come back strong from all of them.

Friday we made the trip pretty sure it would be his last, but he’s still just about with us. The vet was surprised to see he had a temperature that could mean a virus underlying it all, so he’s got the weekend to see if the antibiotic shot does the trick.

he’s not in pain or suffering, so he deserves this chance.

First photo was over a decade ago, the second was just last Monday. What a boy.

image.jpg

92FA05D7-C755-4A3A-882D-1094D6E90DBA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

18 years old he’s been my buddy for 17 of them, and it’s hitting to see the boy coming to his end.

He’s had about 4 trips to the vets over the last 2 years that we’ve thought could’ve been his last but he’s come back strong from all of them.

Friday we made the trip pretty sure it would be his last, but he’s still just about with us. The vet was surprised to see he had a temperature that could mean a virus underlying it all, so he’s got the weekend to see if the antibiotic shot does the trick.

image.jpg

Argh, that's rough that, Bob. It'll hurt, but those 17 years of friendship is something that time will never take away from you.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Argh, that's rough that, Bob. It'll hurt, but those 17 years of friendship is something that time will never take away from you.

Absolutely.

I’ve loved a number of cats in my life but he’s the only one that was mine. He’s been with me since about a month after me and my ex-wife (then girlfriend) bought our first house together in 2005.

He’s moved with us and been alongside me for the first 10 years of my little girls life too.

He’s been an absolute belter. Barely a day of those 17 years went by without me and him having a scrap for laughs. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

image.jpg

Gorgeous cat. Sorry to hear his time may be due.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Absolutely.

I’ve loved a number of cats in my life but he’s the only one that was mine. He’s been with me since about a month after me and my ex-wife (then girlfriend) bought our first house together in 2005.

He’s moved with us and been alongside me for the first 10 years of my little girls life too.

He’s been an absolute belter. Barely a day of those 17 years went by without me and him having a scrap for laughs. 

Really sorry Bob. I'm sure you you will make sure he enjoys his twilight time.

There’s a glimmer of hope this morning.

I’ve slept on the couch on and off this week as I’ve got a twat of a cough and I generally am waking up at 1:30 or so most nights and go downstairs and end up sleeping more comfortably.

9am this morning I woke up, and then headed over to the corner of the room where Wills had slept (and where he’d been pretty much since 6pm) and as I got close he woke up, stood up, chatted to me for the first time in 3 days and set off for a walk to his food spot near the back door.

he decided just for water, then he headed off outside, where he then lapped up a whole bowl of tuna my missus took out to him.

he didn’t really eat anything yesterday so that’s a pretty massive start to the day.

maybe there’s life in the old bastard yet,

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

There’s a glimmer of hope this morning.

I’ve slept on the couch on and off this week as I’ve got a twat of a cough and I generally am waking up at 1:30 or so most nights and go downstairs and end up sleeping more comfortably.

9am this morning I woke up, and then headed over to the corner of the room where Wills had slept (and where he’d been pretty much since 6pm) and as I got close he woke up, stood up, chatted to me for the first time in 3 days and set off for a walk to his food spot near the back door.

he decided just for water, then he headed off outside, where he then lapped up a whole bowl of tuna my missus took out to him.

he didn’t really eat anything yesterday so that’s a pretty massive start to the day.

maybe there’s life in the old bastard yet,

Hope for the best mate, they are real fighters.