You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last Minute Winners

snez1

Are the best thing in the world. No feeling like it.

That said, I don't get all the negativity on here about HOW the mancs won today. People are suggesting that they'd rather have seen them twat Villa. Short term that obviously wouldn't have been as horrible for us to stomach as our hopes of them dropping points wouldn't have been raised as they were at 2-2 with seconds to play. However, people are acting like winning a game after playing shit gives you more than just a thrill for the following few hours and somehow makes you invincible. Sorry, but that's bolllocks. If we'd scraped home against Villa, Real or the Mancs can you seriously say it'd have given you more belief in the side than seeing us dismantle them? Even yesterday's winner for us, late as it was, was so uplifing because we got it after "one of them days" and we'd played easily well enough to merit it. If we'd been outplayed and scraped it you can be sure loads of us would be saying "well, it's a big three points but can you see that team winning every game from now until the end of the season in that form?". Instead, because of the manner of the performance and the fact that it followed 3 other terrific games, people have ultimate faith in the team for playing so well rather than just hope for a team that isn't performing while still snatching lucky late goals.

Momentum switches in football all the time and despite the relief and joy of that result for United, the fact remains that they are playing their worst football in ages and looking vulnerable. When we beat Boro early this season people still pointed out the fact that we were shite. We then just scraped past Liege a few days later with another wank performance. Where was the invincibility that comes from the late winner that is being talked about back then? After the late Chelsea show we lost to Everton, again playing shite. After the late Pompey winner to keep us alive in the title race, we drew with City at home. After a late winner against Real Madrid we fucking bottled it at the Riverside.

There is nothing that suggests to me that today was any more than a highly spawny 3 points for them. Obviously it's a crucial 3 points as they couldn't afford to drop any today, and fair play, they should be made up and we should feel pissed that they didn't rop anything, but I highly doubt it's going to see them suddenly turn from a nerve ridden, tiring side into world beaters. When they play Porto on Tuesday, and in every other game from now unitl the end of the season, they will still have the same frailities that we, Fulham and Villa have exposed in the last month. Teams know how to beat them now, or at least give themselves a chance of beating them. That wasn't true a few weeks back.

6 weeks ago barely anyone thought they could score against United, let alone beat them. Well, 3 shoddy performances and 8 goals shipped have seen to that. Give me a United team that is having to strain every sinew to beat shite like Villa while conceding goals for fun over the team that had won 10 on the bounce without even losing a goal. It's a great day for them today, but please, take all this "They've got their momentum back now, they'll win every game" talk and shove it up your arse. This is still on for us.

Hope you're right mate. Really hope you are. I'm feeling shite right now though. I really sensed it today. I pictured Stevie holding it up in the air. Now it seems a bit far away again.

Yeah mate, me too. No doubt about it, it feels worse when they nearly fuck up and snatch a winner, but if you need hope restoring then just look at their last 3 performances. They are wobbeling. Win against Blackburn and the pressure is back on them, and today pressure nearly cost them 3 points against a shite Villa side who haven't won in 9 and who were dismantled by us 5-0 2 weeks back. A confident, in form United would have fucked them today like we did. They just got over the line. It's not over.

The point is, filth were down to the bare bones today, just take a look at their bench never mind who was out on the pitch. Yet they still spawned it.

Villa's fitness was non existent after 70 - 75 minutes. It wasnt filth's quality that told, it was villa's lack of fitness.

Yeah mate, me too. No doubt about it, it feels worse when they nearly fuck up and snatch a winner, but if you need hope restoring then just look at their last 3 performances. They are wobbeling. Win against Blackburn and the pressure is back on them, and today pressure nearly cost them 3 points against a shite Villa side who haven't won in 9 and who were dismantled by us 5-0 2 weeks back. A confident, in form United would have fucked them today like we did. They just got over the line. It's not over.

They're starting to lose because teams are starting to attack them.

Us and Fulham attacked them and they couldn't handle it. Villa done it for most of the game and their defence looked awful at times. Teams just need to stop being scared of the Mancs and attack them.

The point is, filth were down to the bare bones today, just take a look at their bench never mind who was out on the pitch. Yet they still spawned it.

Villa's fitness was non existent after 70 - 75 minutes. It wasnt filth's quality that told, it was villa's lack of fitness.

No doubt they were missing some players. But they weren't against us and Fulham. I have a sneaky feeling Porto might restore some more hope to these boards on Tuesday and render devalue the "momentum" today has given them.

They're starting to lose because teams are starting to attack them.

Us and Fulham attacked them and they couldn't handle it. Villa done it for most of the game and their defence looked awful at times. Teams just need to stop being scared of the Mancs and attack them.

Funny that, after what Benitez said after we twatted them about putting pressure on their backline. The two games since they've looked all over the place. Maybe there was something in it, and that's why he was after telling all and sundry after our game.

Funny that, after what Benitez said after we twatted them about putting pressure on their backline. The two games since they've looked all over the place. Maybe there was something in it, and that's why he was after telling all and sundry after our game.

He's right though. If teams attack, they can't handle it.

Good post ,

Its the manner in which they got their 3 points for me thats important for us ,

they trully struggled for that Victory , forget fergie time theories and all that shite , they should of bossed that game with what they had to play for and they didnt , no by a long shot , villa had the better of them for long periods IMO ,

we are involved in the title race in April and for me thats fookin great . . .

They're playing with fear. And the supporters were getting very edgy today and starting to get very frustrated with the players.

We play before them again next week and we've just got to keep them on their toes. They don't like it and for all their experience they won't be happy seeing us playing the way we are with practically no pressure on us, we've nothing to lose.

And yea, last minute winners are orgasmic. But they're a killer when they're against you, thankfully we haven't been on the receiving end too often.

Their remaining fixtures:

Sunderland a

PORTSMOUTH

TOTTENHAM

Middlesbrough a

MANCHESTER C

Wigan a

ARSENAL

Hull a

I'm not as optimistic as most of you given their remaining fixtures. I really had hopes for today, no Rooney, no Vidic/Ferdinand and only Tevez up front. I really counted on Villa to get something. Can't see any other than Arsenal helping us out tbf. Perhaps City can get a draw? Can we win our remaining seven though? I'd say Arsenal are our biggest test too. If we can beat Chelsea in the quarters, which I think we'll do, just, we'll have a tricky fixture at West Ham on May 9th following a CL semi, I think that will be decisive if we're to set up a finale on May 24th.

At least today suggested that the Mancs will struggle big-time with their gruelling fixture-list for the rest of the season. Will be interesting to see their performance against Porto on Tuesday, I really fancy the guests to get something there. Think they'll have their hands full with our lovely neighbours in the cup as well. Perhaps Everton will actually put up a fight as they've actually something to gain from that fixture?

That said, I don't get all the negativity on here about HOW the mancs won today. People are suggesting that they'd rather have seen them twat Villa. Short term that obviously wouldn't have been as horrible for us to stomach as our hopes of them dropping points wouldn't have been raised as they were at 2-2 with seconds to play. However, people are acting like winning a game after playing shit gives you more than just a thrill for the following few hours and somehow makes you invincible. Sorry, but that's bolllocks. If we'd scraped home against Villa, Real or the Mancs can you seriously say it'd have given you more belief in the side than seeing us dismantle them? Even yesterday's winner for us, late as it was, was so uplifing because we got it after "one of them days" and we'd played easily well enough to merit it. If we'd been outplayed and scraped it you can be sure loads of us would be saying "well, it's a big three points but can you see that team winning every game from now until the end of the season in that form?". Instead, because of the manner of the performance and the fact that it followed 3 other terrific games, people have ultimate faith in the team for playing so well rather than just hope for a team that isn't performing while still snatching lucky late goals.

Momentum switches in football all the time and despite the relief and joy of that result for United, the fact remains that they are playing their worst football in ages and looking vulnerable. When we beat Boro early this season people still pointed out the fact that we were shite. We then just scraped past Liege a few days later with another wank performance. Where was the invincibility that comes from the late winner that is being talked about back then? After the late Chelsea show we lost to Everton, again playing shite. After the late Pompey winner to keep us alive in the title race, we drew with City at home. After a late winner against Real Madrid we fucking bottled it at the Riverside.

There is nothing that suggests to me that today was any more than a highly spawny 3 points for them. Obviously it's a crucial 3 points as they couldn't afford to drop any today, and fair play, they should be made up and we should feel pissed that they didn't rop anything, but I highly doubt it's going to see them suddenly turn from a nerve ridden, tiring side into world beaters. When they play Porto on Tuesday, and in every other game from now unitl the end of the season, they will still have the same frailities that we, Fulham and Villa have exposed in the last month. Teams know how to beat them now, or at least give themselves a chance of beating them. That wasn't true a few weeks back.

6 weeks ago barely anyone thought they could score against United, let alone beat them. Well, 3 shoddy performances and 8 goals shipped have seen to that. Give me a United team that is having to strain every sinew to beat shite like Villa while conceding goals for fun over the team that had won 10 on the bounce without even losing a goal. It's a great day for them today, but please, take all this "They've got their momentum back now, they'll win every game" talk and shove it up your arse. This is still on for us.

Agree with every word of that.

Their remaining fixtures:

Sunderland a

PORTSMOUTH

TOTTENHAM

Middlesbrough a

MANCHESTER C

Wigan a

ARSENAL

Hull a

I'm not as optimistic as most of you given their remaining fixtures. I really had hopes for today, no Rooney, no Vidic/Ferdinand and only Tevez up front. I really counted on Villa to get something. Can't see any other than Arsenal helping us out tbf. Perhaps City can get a draw?

In those fixtures, I can see them getting 3 points against sunderland, portsmouth, spurs, midlesbrough, wigan and hull. Only arse and citeh, depending which team turns up, can take points off them imo.

In the meantime, we've got to avoid injuries to key players ie Torres, Gerrard & Reina and not drop ONE point!

That's not defeatist, its realism.

In those fixtures, I can see them getting 3 points against sunderland, portsmouth, spurs, midlesbrough, wigan and hull. Only arse and citeh, depending which team turns up, can take points off them imo.

In the meantime, we've got to avoid injuries to key players ie Torres, Gerrard & Reina and not drop ONE point!

That's not defeatist, its realism.

you say that and I see where you coming from mate but I wouldnt be at all shocked if they dropped points against Boro and Sunderland too , If this season has tought us anything its that this league is not as clear cut as its made out to be sometimes . . .

Long way to go yet I reckon . Many twists and turns to come .

Im still not counting out Chelsea at this point to finish above us .

They're playing with fear. And the supporters were getting very edgy today and starting to get very frustrated with the players.

We play before them again next week and we've just got to keep them on their toes. They don't like it and for all their experience they won't be happy seeing us playing the way we are with practically no pressure on us, we've nothing to lose.

And yea, last minute winners are orgasmic. But they're a killer when they're against you, thankfully we haven't been on the receiving end too often.

That's good to here. We need to win badly!!

Repped.

It's not over till the fat lady sings and all that. If we keep winning they'll start to buckle I'm sure of it. Yes they had some of their best missing today, but the squad has been losing and playing badly for a while. Rooney cannot imagine us winning the title, he has no imagination, and that plays against him when we keep tugging at their coat tails, his looniness comes to the fore.

We have Istanbul, we know what can happen.

The biggest plus point over the next few weeks is we're playing before them. If we keep winning our games that'll be putting massive pressure on the mancs to also get maximum points. If we continue to win then we'll be continually leapfrogging them into top spot. Trust me, they will drop some points before the last game of the season.

The biggest plus point over the next few weeks is we're playing before them. If we keep winning our games that'll be putting massive pressure on the mancs to also get maximum points. If we continue to win then we'll be continually leapfrogging them into top spot. Trust me, they will drop some points before the last game of the season.

That's good.

We really can't afford to drop points. We literally have to win every single game.

Shit, shit, shit.

Someone said "spawny goals". Maybe, The first was a gift, the second he seemed to scuff the shot and the third was all too reminiscent of the Everton goal against us in the cup replay.

Villa played well and showed, yet again, United could be beat and had the Villa defence been a little more together I would have gone to bed happy and pissed tonight instead of just pissed.

I hope Porto were watching and taking notes.

Something makes me want to write CUNTS CUNTS CUNTS but I'm not sure it'll make me feel any better.

As someone else said, all we can do is keep on winning, it's out of our hands but you don't give up until there really is no chance.

Sometimes I fucking hate being a football supporter...

YNWA

Spot on mate exactly how i feel, plenty of points left for them to drop and lets not forget fergie would really really hate losing to us thats pressure!