You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports linking Keane with City.

Xherdan

Fucking hell. That's surely completely made up.

"Eh, couldn't get your mate Kaka, Robinho but we've spent £78m on the next best thing...........Robbie Keane!"

I'll gladly eat the most spectacularly soiled boxers in my laundry bin if there's even a shred of truth in this one.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not. I was the biggest critic of the Keane signing when he came and most were made up I remained to be convinced. People were repping him for shit performances saying he'd done well and wouldn't have it, he's a lazy bugger.

Since then he's managed to stay at that same shit level..

Having said that, the fact remains that Keane is about to start lighting fires now, he only ever plays for the 2nd half of the season and will power us to the league title by 4points so we shouldn't sell him on right now as the leagues worth a bit more to us.

I wonder how much City would ask for Johnson (out of favour) and Sturridge (soon out of contract)....

Sturridge looks a very good striker and would be a good option to have on the bench. Didn't realise he was out of contract soon. Michael Johnson is another talented player, but sadly he hasn't kicked on from last season.

keanes going nowhere untill the summer unfortunatly and those with fantasies of getting 15 mill need to wake up,we'll be lcky to get half of that.He'll be either at Celtic or Spuds next season if rumours in football circles over here are to be believed

keanes going nowhere untill the summer unfortunatly and those with fantasies of getting 15 mill need to wake up,we'll be lcky to get half of that.He'll be either at Celtic or Spuds next season if rumours in football circles over here are to be believed

I can't see Celtic being able to afford him Gav. Their record transfer fee is the £6m they paid for Chris Sutton, so I can't see them getting anywhere near the kind of fee we'd be looking for as well as meeting his pay demands.

I heard it mentioned on the radio and there was an article in the Irish times today referring to City preparing a £20m bid for Keane. Didnt see anything mentioned here.

if it's true, it would be fantastic. I was wondering where we could get a quick 20 million, so we could actually START the friggin' NEW STADIUM.

I wonder how much City would ask for Johnson (out of favour) and Sturridge (soon out of contract)....

Sturridge would contribute at least what Keane has this season - I'd take him and a big chunk of what we paid for Keane.

If Johnson could get back to the player he looked for chunks of last season he'd probably fit our squad better than Lucas does, but City fans tell me he's really gone downhill.

Seriously, I'd be happy to cut our losses and get rid of Keane for that kind of money, he just looks like a complete misfit in our side to me. He might come good if we kept him but on the evidence I've seen so far I'm really not convinced and £20m is a lot of money to be gambling with.

(Edit: But obviously it's all just a nice pipe dream, never going to happen.)

We can dream on

Real problem is who could we buy with the money in Jan

Owen and Saviola could come cheap. Leaves money for a winger too.

I reckon either will cost below 5 million leaving roughly 15 mil which should afford us a pretty good player.

After what happened in the summer I doubt Barry will leave, especially if they qualify for the Champions league

I would sell him now for anything over £15 million.

I'm usually one for giving players at least a season to settle in but I have been very worried about Keane even going from his initial appearances. Some players start slow but have shown some signs that they will come good and you can see them slowly fitting into the team but with Keane it honestly looks like we are playing with 10 men sometimes. He just does not look on the same wavelength as his team mates (bar Gerrard occasionally).

I heard something that Sid Lowe said on the Guardian podcast a while ago about Keane. That on the ball he is an effective player but without it, he displays zero game intelligence. He charges about like a headless chicken and his team mates cannot read his intentions. He doesn't seem to have the cocky swagger that he did at Tottenham often now appearing unsure of himself. Rafa can take some criticism for how he has handled him but honestly, there have been times when he has been subbed off where I would have hooked him at half time.

I hope I am wrong about Keane and he does start firing on all cylinders but for £15 million I would take my chances with Babel, Nemeth & Ngog.

Can't believe that! I think Keane will go in the next few days. I can see it happening.

Rafa is ruthless and if he doesn't think Keane is the future, he will cut his losses.

I love that about Rafa.