You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some advice needed please, lads. We're planning on buying a Wii as a family Christmas present but I'm not sure what the availability will be like (or is even now). Am I likely to be able to get one nearer the time or should I do it now and put it away (at least until the kids have gone to bed every night)? Also, what's the price likely to do? Stay the same or come down in the run up to December?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price won't move. Nearer Christmas there may be a heavier demand for them and I know Nintendo are still having supply issues in some countries. Some shops do deals for Christmas but they sometimes put some poor games in the package so it's not nessecarily an advantage.

I'd start looking now if it was me.

There are some good deals about Paul.

One retailer was doing a Wii and Choice of game (including Mario Kart) for £179.

It seems the supply of the console issue has been solved. The real trouble you will have is getting a Wii fit, if you wanted one that is.

In fact Woolies have this deal on...

Nintendo Wii £159.99 at Woolworths from Monday - HotUKDeals Forum

Also, look at getting a Wii Play, it is bascially an Wiimote with a some little fun games, usually for the price of the extra remote anyway. I would defo get a recharge station and some decent rechargable Batteries. it has saved me money already. You may also need a memory card. So by the time you bought the extra remote, memory card and battery and recharging staion, you are looking at an extra £60 on top of your console.

Games wise, get on hotdeals, and keep an eye on Amazon, Ebay etc for good deals. Tiger Woods is good for grown ups, Mariokart is great fun. Zelda is a must have, Mario Galaxy is also a game with good depth. I'm hopeful for Star Wars force unleashed which is released next month being super ace. Other than that I'm not a massive gamer

Weeksie can probably set you straight on which games to go for.

Some advice needed please, lads. We're planning on buying a Wii as a family Christmas present but I'm not sure what the availability will be like (or is even now). Am I likely to be able to get one nearer the time or should I do it now and put it away (at least until the kids have gone to bed every night)? Also, what's the price likely to do? Stay the same or come down in the run up to December?

if your going to get one then get it now......the people at wii have already said there will be huge demands for the wii at xmas ....so buy it now..as mentioned the wii is £159.99 at woolies...go get it

There are some good deals about Paul.

One retailer was doing a Wii and Choice of game (including Mario Kart) for £179.

It seems the supply of the console issue has been solved. The real trouble you will have is getting a Wii fit, if you wanted one that is.

In fact Woolies have this deal on...

Nintendo Wii £159.99 at Woolworths from Monday - HotUKDeals Forum

Also, look at getting a Wii Play, it is bascially an Wiimote with a some little fun games, usually for the price of the extra remote anyway. I would defo get a recharge station and some decent rechargable Batteries. it has saved me money already. You may also need a memory card. So by the time you bought the extra remote, memory card and battery and recharging staion, you are looking at an extra £60 on top of your console.

Games wise, get on hotdeals, and keep an eye on Amazon, Ebay etc for good deals. Tiger Woods is good for grown ups, Mariokart is great fun. Zelda is a must have, Mario Galaxy is also a game with good depth. I'm hopeful for Star Wars force unleashed which is released next month being super ace. Other than that I'm not a massive gamer

Weeksie can probably set you straight on which games to go for.

Just bought the console from Woolies. Ready for pick up by Tuesday (so no delivery charge). They didn't have Wii Play in stock, but I'll get stuff like that nearer the time. Thanks for this.

What's the score with Wii Fit, by the way? How much is it usually? Amazon have sellers asking over £100. Is that right? I thought it just a game and a bit of a board thing that you stand on.

Just bought the console from Woolies. Ready for pick up by Tuesday (so no delivery charge). They didn't have Wii Play in stock, but I'll get stuff like that nearer the time. Thanks for this.

What's the score with Wii Fit, by the way? How much is it usually? Amazon have sellers asking over £100. Is that right? I thought it just a game and a bit of a board thing that you stand on.

Its about £69.99 rrp. Its still really difficult to get hold of. I personally wouldn't pay anymore that its rrp. Not that I'm really in the market for one though.

Here... http://nintendo.com/wiifit , will explain it all.

You may not want one, or maybe able to last till they become available. If you're deperate you may be able to pre-order it from some stores. If you google wii fit, then you may find there are notification websites which will keep upto date with present stock at major retailers.

Paul,

This website is pretty good for checking prices on Wii games. The drop down menu allows you to change the format from DVD to whatever format (or Wii in this case) that you need.

Also I saw this which seems the best deal about on Mario Kart at the moment. You need to enter the code as intructed in the text to get the discount. I've never used that retailer though, so you may feel more comfortable going to a tried and trusted site.

Wii Fit is this years sell out. You'll struggle to get hold of it in the run up to Christmas.

Seems to be that way. I think you're spot on. I can't see the console will be a problem now and there seems to be no major peripherals that are going to eclipse the Wii Fit.

The husband of a colleague manages a large Dixon's here darn sarf. He seems to reckon stock will not be in any great supply till next year. He got his hands on one a few months ago for his missus. He also said he would reserve or ring me when they come in, but I really not arsed.

Edit, except that the fuckers will have enough to bundle.

No idea why but Game or Gamestation (not sure which one I always get them mixed up) in Ellesmere Port seems get them in regularly. I know a few people that have picked it up there and thats where we got ours from.