You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what, some retailers are absolute fucking piss-taking bastards when stocks are low of stuff like this. On that stock check site, there are places asking fifty quid above RRP plus a tenner for delivery. Why don't Nintendo produce more? It's a strange business model to keep them in short supply when demand is so high.

Christ almighty - just narrowly missed another three of the fuckers. It's obviously refresh button city on Amazon this morning.

Paul,

you can do one touch buy on Amazon, it maybe worth invoking that while you're trying for a Wii fit. The option is in your account/order details, click on the "view or change 1 click settings" and make the changes on the next screen.

Edit: I missed out on a Wii on Amazon months ago. I bagged it, but by the time I'd filled the payment forms etc in, it had gone.

Paul,

you can do one touch buy on Amazon, it maybe worth invoking that while you're trying for a Wii fit. The option is in your account/order details, click on the "view or change 1 click settings" and make the changes on the next screen.

Edit: I missed out on a Wii on Amazon months ago. I bagged it, but by the time I'd filled the payment forms etc in, it had gone.

Cheers mate - I sussed that myself (although too late to make difference).

My Niece who is six, gets on well with Wii Sports, Lego Star Wars and High School Musical.

She wants Pippa Funnel, but I've not seen if that is suitable.

It's quite good, if a little repetitive, on the DS. Mini-Meat the younger spent ages playing it, especially the menage/grooming bits as she is utterly nuts about horses.

<short story>

Was at my mates farm last year ago or so, and she had 6 or 7 horses and ponies at the time. Anyway, one of her ponies, one of the smaller ones, only about 10 or 12 hands high or so, made an escape from the top field and was having a good trot around up and down the tracks.

After warning the mini-meats to leave well alone, we got back to gossiping.

5 minutes later, we hear the kids shouting outside. They had only got some rope and tack from the stables and went and caught the horse and were leading it gently back down the track towards the field again. Opened the gate, led it in, untied it, and came back to the farmhouse to tell us all about it.

We were too amazed to shout at them, but their excuse for knowing how to catch and lead a horse by themselves was "We know what to do, we've played it on the Nintendo.."

Nothing apart from the wheel with Mario Kart and the Wii zapper. The rest is just plastic crap.

What's the Wii zapper, Jules? Also, how many Wii-motes do I get with the console? I'm just wondering if I need more so we can at least have a few two-player games. If I buy Wii Play, would that cover it?

What's the Wii zapper, Jules? Also, how many Wii-motes do I get with the console? I'm just wondering if I need more so we can at least have a few two-player games. If I buy Wii Play, would that cover it?

You only get on remote and Nunchuck with the console. Remotes are about £20 - 30 and nunchucks about £10-15 I think.

Wii play will give you the additional Wiimote you need to make it 2 player. Other than that I could only recommend a recharge station and batteries. I bought some high quality rechargables and a station from amazon, cost about £25 all in. I got one of these and it works well and teamed it with these

I also got a memory card, I'm not sure if I need that though, but probably did. Cost about 8 or 9 quid. You can probably get cheaper, have a look about. Here is the puppy, although you can probaly get an unbranded one cheaper or larger for the same cash.

The wii wheel comes with the Mario Kart game in most instances and I bought a second so me and missus and mates can have races.

The Zapper is an attachment which changes the wiimote into a gun. There are a few on the market, I'm Jules could steer you towards the best one.

I reckon this is the one...

wii_zapper_3.jpg

is what he is refering to.

As RK said the other attachments seem to be a load of crap tbh.

My Niece who is six, gets on well with Wii Sports, Lego Star Wars and High School Musical.

She wants Pippa Funnel, but I've not seen if that is suitable.

Swedish for anal sex.

Wii fit is very good and i think there will be more games in the future that utilise it. It is very sensitive. We don't have any of these problems over here, you can just go into a shop and buy pretty much anything for them.

Wii sports is still a hit in my house, its an ace little game.