You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

. What exactly is so wrong with saying we miss Gerrard badly, its a statement of fact. The Mancs are missing Ronaldo badly as well. Every team misses their best players, what's so wrong with stating a simple fact?

Well, his mantra when Gerrard DOES play is: 'Why doesn't Rafa always play him in the centre?' Even when he DOES play in the centre. Now he's criticising Rafa for not always playing him in the centre when he's out injured! I mean, give it a rest! In a newspaper column recently, Redknapp claimed it was because Rafa didn't always play Gerrard centre that 'persuaded' Capello to play him on the left! He's obsessed.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.

I can understand what you're saying but as I said before, the club is the most important thing. If players want to leave then we have to sell them and then buy other players. I'm pretty sure we'd get massive fees for those two players.

Agreed.

Guest davelfc

Ok ... positives

The way we’ve been playing we could easily be at the bottom of the league but we’re 2nd.

Football eh? It really is a funny old game.

Hopefully we'll pick up over the next few weeks, the squad does seem fairly well stocked with average players though, and they're asked to occupy between 3-5 positions each - per game.

We need some serious back to basics shit.

At the start of this season Rafa said. "This is the best squad I've had since I've been at the club."

I really am beginning to wonder.

No they aren't.

No we won't.

No we aren't.

No they're not, yes we will and if we keep playing the mostly non productive football we have been playing of late then we are mediocre at best.

We can't wait until Christmas to start looking like a good side because we all know it's too late.

However, the one thing I can say is that I didn't expect us to play the way we did after Torres went off. I thought we responded quite well (especially in the second half). Let's put it this way, I thought we might of got snotted. I know we looked really disjointed at times but I was surprised today.

We're still shit though.

That "proper lead" on a couple of points would've meant fuck all if we lost to them at Anfield. The early-season panic on here never fails to amaze me. I'm surprised noone has said we're out of the title-race yet, or slammed Benitez for rotating Gerrard and Torres away to Villa.

I for one am not giving up and conceding fourth place to Villa just yet, but then again I'm just a fucking yes-man with a tiny grain of optimism and belief that the performances will pick up, just like they always do eventually.

That's very true. We'll be much better than this and I don't worry about us finishing in the top four.

Having said that, this season is threatening to turn into the same as any other though - we're making the same mistakes which will come back to bite us in the arse.

Do you think we'll challenge for the league this season Milan?

I don't normally fight Redknapps corner but...

Is that really untrue? Aside from Gerrard and Torres there is not a single player in our squad who could change the face of a game. We have alot of players with some talent rather then some players with alot of talent. I don't believe we have enough quality, from manager down to playing staff, to challenge for the league and would agree with him.

He said today was a good result for us after the other two cunts slated us. Alot of the time he's a cunt, but today he spoke alot of sense. What exactly is so wrong with saying we miss Gerrard badly, its a statement of fact. The Mancs are missing Ronaldo badly as well. Every team misses their best players, what's so wrong with stating a simple fact?

Bullshit.

Babel, Keane, Benayoun and Pennant are all players that can make a difference if they are used in the right way.

Today i would have done this with 15-20 min. left:

In with Babel and Yossi, off with Dirk and Xabi.

N`Gog and Keane up front, Benayoun on the right and Babel on the left. Lucas in the middle in an attacking midfield role with instructions to go forward and go for the win.

It is not rocket science. It is about guts and a will to win.

got to laugh at those praising villa

they were fuckingg awful at home and we never really looked in danger unless it was from a corner or free kick we gave away.

they were shit, not quality, class or guile and our defence dealt with anything they had, we could have easily won that game if we played some football along the ground rather than head tennis and sideways passes

Nice delusions. We're mediocre. Villa are on the rise. We're falling.

I'm sorry, but if you think that Villa are a better football team than us and that they'll finish above us this season then you're the one being delusional.

We were poor today; but surely that fact that we played poorly and earned a draw against a Villa side that played well (according to the majority posters) shows that it isn't the end of the world.

Benayoun isn't going to make a huge difference in a Liverpool side because he isn't going to get a go in his proper position, and rightfully so. Keane is a really good player, but he isn't going to do fuck all anywhere but up front, Babel is never going to develop if we don't stick with him and use him as an impact player and so forth.

This is why I've fallen out of love with football outside of LFC these days. Andy Gray has decided we can't win the league...after three matches! It's garbage. In Paisley's day we rarely found form before ten games. Now everything is over-analysed and over-hyped from day one. It's truly, seriously, infantile.

Bullshit.

Babel, Keane, Benayoun and Pennant are all players that can make a difference if they are used in the right way.

Today i would have done this with 15-20 min. left:

In with Babel and Yossi, off with Dirk and Xabi.

N`Gog and Keane up front, Benayoun on the right and Babel on the left. Lucas in the middle in an attacking midfield role with instructions to go forward and go for the win.

It is not rocket science. It is about guts and a will to win.

It seems it is rocket science for the rest of the team to make a difference to me, Gerrard and Torres aside. If they were injured last season where would we have been?

In the league this season without those two we would be below Hull so far.

I think we have the players to challenge for the league, even without Gerrard and Torres, that's what that told me today because Villa were awful and our defence is good enough but the manager's strange selections like not using Babel or El Zhar, playing players out of position etc. is going to cost us points so I dont think we will

yes we have the players but the manager's lack of intent and playing players out of position will cost us the title, i'd love to know why he does it, im thinking the match is fixed

Some people are unbelivable. We struggled to qualify in the Champions League, and in all honesty shouldn't have qualified. We have struggled in every game in the Premiership, we haven't looked like a goal threat at all in any of the games and it has taken a Lampard-esque deflection and two wonder goals to get us where we are against shite teams. But they still claim a point is good, regardless of the performance? At first it was fine, oh yeah we struggled against Sunderland but it'll come it'll come...and we're still saying it. Its only a matter of time til we lose, and Man Utd at home are next up.

That "proper lead" on a couple of points would've meant fuck all if we lost to them at Anfield. The early-season panic on here never fails to amaze me. I'm surprised noone has said we're out of the title-race yet, or slammed Benitez for rotating Gerrard and Torres away to Villa.

I for one am not giving up and conceding fourth place to Villa just yet, but then again I'm just a fucking yes-man with a tiny grain of optimism and belief that the performances will pick up, just like they always do eventually.

A couple of points can make all the difference at the end of the season.

Besides: Going into the United match 5 points clear would have taken away some of the pressure and that is important as we seem to go into a mental meltdown in those matches. Now we know that a win for them will take them above us with a game in hand.

It is fine that you are an optimist, I just can not be as so many things point in the wrong direction and I got a strong sense of Deja Vu.

What makes this hardest to take for me is my true belief that we ARE able to challenge this season if Rafa only can be a little more adventurous, but he chooses to continue with his safety first approach that we KNOW will make us lose two vital points in many games, and therefore not be close to United.

A point away from home against a top 6 club early on in the the season and all this shit? Jesus.

People aren't complaining about the result though, it's the methods that we used to gain the result.

Were you in agreement with the selection and substitutions today, mate?