You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For some reason I never watched The Sopranos. Just recently started to stream TV a bit more and I knew through the grapevine this was highly regarded, so I’m into season one, episode 4/5.

It’s really good so far. Made up I’ve got all this ahead of me.

When The Sopranos is all finished what else is very good? I’ve heard The Wire and Breaking Bad are both good. Someone told me to watch The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime too.

I haven’t had the flu this winter, but should it find me, I’m all set!

The wire is fantastic and matches up to the sopranos. Other than that mad men, breaking bad, the shield six feet under.

In that order.

I would have The Shield in front of Mad Men, and Deadwood instead of STU, but essentially agree.

Also, G needs to get out of this thread immediately, refrain from googling, youtubeing, or Wikipediang anything about The Sopranos, because spoilers are everywhere about The Sopranos. Would add that he should get to watching, because episode 5 of season 1 is College - one of the best episodes of TV of all time.

For some reason I never watched The Sopranos. Just recently started to stream TV a bit more and I knew through the grapevine this was highly regarded, so I’m into season one, episode 4/5.

It’s really good so far. Made up I’ve got all this ahead of me.

When The Sopranos is all finished what else is very good? I’ve heard The Wire and Breaking Bad are both good. Someone told me to watch The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime too.

I haven’t had the flu this winter, but should it find me, I’m all set!

Ah come on, you have to watch Preacher!
  • Upvote 1

I watch little TV but I’m working on it. I usually just watch our games, and a bit of news, then an occasional film. Oh, and stuff like Blue Planet II. But basically not too much. I know there’s a few cracking things out there and I’ll try to address it and catch up, even if I’m a good decade behind on some of it. I’ll stay away from finding out spoilers and so on.

As for Game of Thrones I watched some of that with Mrs G but the sex part of it was a bit OTT. I’m not a prude, as such, but we have a couple of kids and it doesn’t seem right to be watching that when they could easily walk in. Mind you, the last episode I watched of The Sopranos saw Tony Soprano at a strip club, and he battered another fella there with the phone receiver and all the strippers just stopped and stared. I’ll watch a couple more episodes tonight.

I watch little TV but I’m working on it. I usually just watch our games, and a bit of news, then an occasional film. Oh, and stuff like Blue Planet II. But basically not too much. I know there’s a few cracking things out there and I’ll try to address it and catch up, even if I’m a good decade behind on some of it. I’ll stay away from finding out spoilers and so on.

As for Game of Thrones I watched some of that with Mrs G but the sex part of it was a bit OTT. I’m not a prude, as such, but we have a couple of kids and it doesn’t seem right to be watching that when they could easily walk in. Mind you, the last episode I watched of The Sopranos saw Tony Soprano at a strip club, and he battered another fella there with the phone receiver and all the strippers just stopped and stared. I’ll watch a couple more episodes tonight.

I'm pretty similar to you in watching only occasional stuff like us and Blue Planet II, but since becoming a dad in December TV watching seems to be a rediscovered pastime. How you've missed out on Sopranos and The Wire after all these years is pretty surprising though, great shows.

No other TV show, either now or in history, would have the balls to have a bi-racial character suffer racial abuse from the lead character, and have that guy be an insufferable douchebag nontheless.

Most hated character:

1) Janice

2) Butchie

3) Meadow

4) Charmaine

5) Noah

If Janice Soprano was a prizefighter, she would be a billionaire twice over; the amount of money people would sink in PPVs hoping she'd get knocked out is astronomical.

Most hated character of all time for me is Connie Corleone.

Feel you here Rev.  Watched Dany and Drogos wedding night with my mother in law.  CRINGE

Nowt better than having sopranos banter with a mate when other people don't know what you're on about.

Me and a mate were out with some birds we knew years ago and he had plasters on his knuckles for something I can't remember. One of them asked him what he'd done and I said 'he slipped, on the steps by Carmine's'

She goes 'who's Carmine?'

He goes: "what is this? The inquisition now?"

• Upvote 2

We do that, too, but for the Ginny Sac joke.

People are always perplexed when we break out in uproarious laughter.

"..... The implication is her ass is so big that it could have a mole that size removed."

If we see a fit bird one of us will say

"Born again Christian"

The other will say: "Oh yeah?"

I gave him pieces of my soul, Adrianna, do you know what he told me?

Have a fucking drink.

What kind of undermining shit is that to someone who has the disease?

Our asswipe cousin could get us all killed with New York, and him Tony needs to think. With me, he don't have to think.

Maybe, I need to think. Ever think of that, ya fat fucking scumbag?