You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Despite the fact I've had the pleasure of seeing much better atmospheres , mine would have to be Inter.

At the time we seemed to be under siege from all sides. The media looking for a Benitez sacking , our idiotic board and the players slipping confidence. After the shameful booig of against Barnsley, the noise from about 20 minutes before kick-off was very good.

The 6-8 minute YNWA ranks among the finest our fans have ever produced. Not getting on the players backs' with 10 minutes to go like we'd seen for the past two months , then the explosion when the Dirk scored.

I just thought on that night we had a job to do , to prolong our managers stay, to show him and the players we still believed in them and help them see off one of world football finest teams.

What is yours?

The Inter Milan game and the Arsenal game in the CL.

The Milan one for the fact that there was so much pressure on Rafa and the team, and the atmosphere was brilliant that night. And we got the performance and result that we needed. And youre right, the YNWA that night was superb.

The Arsenal game just for sheer drama (and the fact I was sat next to the fit blonde in the kop that got me on the telly). Ive never gone from being so upset to being in absolute ecstasy from when Adebayor scored to Gerrards pen. I was buzzing all week after that game.

Lets hope I get many more this season, Id love us to beat Man Utd at Anfield.

Auxere was fantastc in 1991.

The 1st Chelsea semi was the best atmosphere but I was in the upper cent and not on the Kop.

I was at the Auxerre game too. For so few people (23000) to make so much noise was unbelievable.

Agree with the 1st Chelsea semi being the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed on the Kop. Would have to say then, that it was my best night on the Kop, as it wasnt expected that we'd win, because Roman's plaything was going to win everything in sight.

i'm tempted to state the obvious and go with inter / chelsea semi's / olypiacos but i'm going with barca.

chelsea in the league (2-0) was also ace, for me it wasn't just a game, it was beating the cockneys and going out to town all afternoon and night in the warm weather.

olympiakos for sheer bedlam. I still have the scar on my shin from that night. Arsenal last season was ace though, as was Inter. We've been spoilt really with so many fantastic memories it is too hard to choose one.

"The Truth" night (late ko against arsenal) was one occasion that I will never forget though but obviosly not for the match.

The first Chelsea semi ranks high, but nothing beats Roma for me when Houllier returned. The man was still loved by most fans at that stage, and there were whispers he'd return. I'll never forget hearing the whispers from people that he was on the touchline and looking down to see him. Feverish atmosphere.

Allez Allez, Allez Allez, Gerard Hou-llier

3-3 vs the mancs.

Atmosphere was as good as anything I've been to - never went Auxerre though. Still got the Mirror (of all papers) cover, printed on the day of the Kop's last stand I think, of the Kop that night. Taken after the thrid when a few lads had flares going. Superb.

The 2 -2 draw against the Filth in 1999.

The game was a played two weeks before their fluke CL final against Bayern.

As I arrived in the Anny Road a huge German flag was being waved above the Kop and the noise from all sections of Anfield was deafening.

The singing & chanting was constant throughout the game.

It was impossible to hold a conversation, you couldn’t hear a word.

I remember having a sore throat for days after the match.

It was without doubt the best atmosphere I’ve ever experience at a match.

Just awesome.

Phew!That's a tough question to answer.For shear explosion of orgasmic pleasure my pick is when Mellor crashed in the goal against Arsenal with near the last kick of the game.Still have the scars on the shins from the seats in the Kop from that one.No.2 is tough as well ,impossible to pick between Juventus,Inter and Arsenal last year in the CL.Can't say Chelsea '05 or '07 wasn't fortunate enough to get a ticket.

2nd 4-3 v the barcodes. Why

1. First time

2. First time sharing a moment of equality with my son - he was 7

3. The atmosphere rocked and so did the team.

4. My lad looking at me with a cheeky pleading smile every time we chanted shit as the response to 'united'! And me giving him that 'you better not, look'

5. Holding my son above my head and him screaming Robbie Fowler after the winner.