Quantcast
Watchmen - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Anubis

Watchmen

Harsh.

Thought it was a pretty decent effort at a (relatively) faithful recreation of the book.

And the bird was fit!!!

It was, but my problem was that it didn't move me, whereas I felt the novel was very, very much so. It was faithful, agreed, but it lacked something that took away from it's overall quality for me.

Saw it earlier, was...meh

Dragged on a little too long for me (which I suppose is down to having so much material to get through, story wise)

Was ok

I really wanted to enjoy the film.

But it was just too long, too many flashbacks.

I needed a bird with me to snog in the boring bits.

Only good bit is seeing them shag in the spaceship. Always wanted to see a superhero getting down and dirty.

As soon as I found out it was two and three quarter hours long I decided I couldn't sit through it, I couldn't even spend that long building flood defences for my own home, I just don't have the attention span.

Saw it yesterday and loved it. I can't imagine how you could make a better film of such challenging source material. I've heard Mark Kermode's review - essentially in keeping to the novel's plot the drama has been lost - but it wouldn't have been Watchmen if the plot had been changed anymore than necessary. Some changes I could live with, eg the ending; some made certain characters far less interesting, eg cutting Holis Mason's murder and Nite Owl 2's reaction was a shame.

it was ok. Think this proved what we all thought, the novel is unfilmable. my girlfriend was confused Rorschach was good but his voice was too gruffy which made it harder to understand some of his ace monologues. Shame really.

it was ok. Think this proved what we all thought, the novel is unfilmable. my girlfriend was confused Rorschach was good but his voice was too gruffy which made it harder to understand some of his ace monologues. Shame really.

similar to the dark knight, mumbled rubbish!!

i thought it was ok, my theroy is that its just building for the a 2nd part, kinda like the lord Of the Rings, shite 1st film, outstanding 2nd one, becuase the 1st built up to it perfectly

if there`s no killer part 2, then yeah, it was shite

similar to the dark knight, mumbled rubbish!!

i thought it was ok, my theroy is that its just building for the a 2nd part, kinda like the lord Of the Rings, shite 1st film, outstanding 2nd one, becuase the 1st built up to it perfectly

if there`s no killer part 2, then yeah, it was shite

There are no second parts. Thats it. Too much to cram in so it became confusing. could have made two films out of it as it is.

IT'S GREEEEEEEEAAAAAT

I agree with Tony the Tiger. I loved it, a few minor niggles but a good adaptation of the graphic novel.

Where would somebody look for the new TV series for the reasons of letting the authorities know about nasty copywrite issues if they didn't have sky Atlantic 

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Where would somebody look for the new TV series for the reasons of letting the authorities know about nasty copywrite issues if they didn't have sky Atlantic 

Someone I know has a cousin with a dog whose owners nephew knows a fella who heard someone on a bus get told by a stranger that his aunties neighbour shagged a fella whose mate got his extension built by a man who overheard someone say that they have got Exodus on Kodi. It works perfect for tv shows apparently.