You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Hammill......

mht1892

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how our reserves move the ball around the field, and how quite a few of them look very comfortable in possession.

That's because Rafa prefers players who run around a lot to players with skill. No - hang on...

Good goals there...

You're right there. I love the lad's close control, he's got such quick feet. From the little I saw of him before last season, I'd say that his game awareness has improved too following his loan spell, there seems to be more end product and less going off on a mazy one for the hell of it, although I realise that the ressies is a far easier test than full senior games would be.

Surely we should be thinking about getting him involved in the League Cup and maybe a few Prem games this year if he doesn't go back out on loan?

That second goal was stunning, and I don't care that it was only against Southport. Adam has got more talent in his little toe than many players have in their entire bodies (stupid expression but you know what I mean). It's the mental side of it that is holding him back here. If he can have a really good loan spell at a decent club (Southampton would have been idea but it didn't work out), then I still think he could make it here.

I hope so anyway, as I really enjoy watching him play, he's an exciting player when hes on form.

That second goal was stunning, and I don't care that it was only against Southport. Adam has got more talent in his little toe than many players have in their entire bodies (stupid expression but you know what I mean). It's the mental side of it that is holding him back here. If he can have a really good loan spell at a decent club (Southampton would have been idea but it didn't work out), then I still think he could make it here.

I hope so anyway, as I really enjoy watching him play, he's an exciting player when hes on form.

In what way Dave ??

Consistency. You can see the talent he has, he just needs to improve his decision making and consistency. That's what I mean by 'mental'

Ahh I see, he certainly looks to have the talent and he dont seem to lack confidence, what would you say his level is at the moment, What about a season at Leeds with Gary Mac perhaps ??

Ahh I see' date=' he certainly looks to have the talent and he dont seem to lack confidence, what would you say his level is at the moment, What about a season at Leeds with Gary Mac perhaps ??[/quote']

He needs to be playing for a promotion chasing Championship side, or even a Premiership club. He's better than a lot of players who will be plying their trade in the Premiership next season.

The Southampton loan was a complete waste so I hope our management team think very carefully about which club he goes to this season.

Can you lend the management team your chrystal ball? Theirs failed to foresee one of the biggest clubs of the championship would be fighting relegation half way through the season.