You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riise has some nerve

Ritchi3

My problem is not him wanting to know his future it's his "I have nothing to prove" quote after he's just knocked us out of a Champions League Semi Final.

Get a grip, he did NOT knock us out the Champions League, Chelsea did. They scored 3 against our 2 at Stamford bridge, it was their night not ours.

Deal with it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put yourself in his position, you have been at a place of employment for 7 years, you have been successful, and would like to know what your future is.

What is wrong with what he has siad or is thinking.

This band wagon is fucking out of order, at least a couple of people on here have said 'Nice one John, thanks for the memories'.

Some fucking fans you lot are.

Fucked me right of this thread.

No need.

i thought my post was quite nice :(, considering I was calling him all kinds for not chasing Anelka when Drogba scored the 3rd.

Get a grip, he did NOT knock us out the Champions League, Chelsea did. They scored 3 against our 2 at Stamford bridge, it was their night not ours.

Deal with it.

He scored a last minute away goal for them, that totally changed the tie then theres the fact he was abysmal for 2 of their goals the other night.

With an attitude like yours is it any wonder we haven't won the League for so long? Mediocrity is hailed.

Deal with it.

He was at fault for, or contributed to 3 of Chelsea's 4 goals in the tie.

One of the main reasons we are not in Moscow.

So we win as a team and lost because of Riise? :whatever:

Nope but being woeful for 2 years then saying "I have nothing to prove" is a dreadful attitude and now we know why he has never improved - he has no desire to.

All the stuff about him being the big I am over the years looks true with that attiude.

Nope but being woeful for 2 years then saying "I have nothing to prove" is a dreadful attitude and now we know why he has never improved - he has no desire to.

All the stuff about him being the big I am over the years looks true with that attiude.

I don't disagree he's been coasting -- but singling out Riise because we lost is poor form.

He scored a last minute away goal for them, that totally changed the tie then theres the fact he was abysmal for 2 of their goals the other night.

With an attitude like yours is it any wonder we haven't won the League for so long? Mediocrity is hailed.

My attitiude, I respect was JAr has done at this club. He made a mistake he is human, Carragher played Anelka onside, but as Jamie is a legnd at the club you put all the blame on Riise, Drogba's first was offside, however he should have been picked by the DM who should have followed him.

My attitude is a lot more respectful than yours. You seem to forget that Riise has played his part in bringing quite a few trophies to this club in his tenure, same goes for any player who has played his part in the past, present and the future.

I suggest you learn to do the same

i thought my post was quite nice :(, considering I was calling him all kinds for not chasing Anelka when Drogba scored the 3rd.

That is why I pointed out that some on here had said 'Nice one John, thanks for the memories'.

Some of the shit he has face on here has been diabolical, complete and utter diabolical shite.

So we win as a team and lost because of Riise? :whatever:

You wouldn't think it was a team game with some of the comments on here.

Some of you lot need to take a fucking look at yourself`s. Riisa`s time may be up at Anfield and he may have gone backwards over the last 2 seasons, but as long as he wears a red shirt give him the support that he deserves and has earned the right to expect from us.

If you do go JAR thanx for the memories.

Risse is shit end of story, i have more chance of been offered a contract than he has at the moment, leave now u useless ginger twat! he was the main reason we were knocked out the other night, the fact he chased that ladyboy around the theatre of cunts to get his jersey off him after they'd beaten us was enough to get rid, the fact of the matter is he was always shit but the goals hid it and kept him in the team and now thats gone he's a nothing player, now fuck off!

Put yourself in his position, you have been at a place of employment for 7 years, you have been successful, and would like to know what your future is.

Being a footballer can't be compared to a regular job. Footballers should always want to become better players, Riise hasn't improved since and he seems to be okay with it. He behaves just like a player that fans at like West Ham, Villa or any mid table subscriber club would be happy with, we are better and deserves players with a better attitude than that.

John Arne Riise has vented his frustration at not yet being offered a new contract at Liverpool.

The I have nothing to prove quote sums up his mentality, he got the move to Liverpool had a good year or two and decided theres no need to improve and has declined as a result ever since.

To be honest I don't see anything wrong with that - Riise has served us well and have played some real good stuff for us in the past. He's gone off the ball recently but that doesn't negate the good stuff in the past. He's not whinging about the club or demanding anything he's just getting his situation noticed. I think they all do that don't they?

I do think he's had his last contract with us though.

Somebody brought up the fact that Babel is now attempting crosses with his left foot where as everything he did was on his right.

Riise is so one footed he attempted a diving header rather than clear it with his right boot!

Yes he has won stuff but he knew there was not much competition for places and never improved.

You earned a fair wedge off us and we'll make a profit too.

Thank you and goodbye!

My attitiude, I respect was JAr has done at this club. He made a mistake he is human, Carragher played Anelka onside, but as Jamie is a legnd at the club you put all the blame on Riise, Drogba's first was offside, however he should have been picked by the DM who should have followed him.

My attitude is a lot more respectful than yours. You seem to forget that Riise has played his part in bringing quite a few trophies to this club in his tenure, same goes for any player who has played his part in the past, present and the future.

I suggest you learn to do the same

That is why I pointed out that some on here had said 'Nice one John, thanks for the memories'.

Some of the shit he has face on here has been diabolical, complete and utter diabolical shite.

You wouldn't think it was a team game with some of the comments on here.

What he said!

Baros

Cisse

Dudek

Sissoko

Crouch

Don't ask for much do you?

He's a manager trying to handle a big squad, he's never going to please everybody.

The players are contracted by us and do as they're told until we say otherwise, in the same way they can run their contract down and try and manoeuvre their way out of the club for a better deal.