You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite individual moment in music

sh#t waffle

A couple of new ones..

The outro to 'In The Dark Places' by PJ Harvey; haunting stuff..

[YOUTUBE]VaLuvTMdFQ4[/YOUTUBE]

The way the third chorus comes in in Baby Huey's 'Hard Times' (one of my favourite songs anyway), momentarily without vocals. Awesome, awesome hammondage.

[YOUTUBE]H27iGiuA_Xk[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'BECAUSE, you have not been paying attention.....'

This is one of my very favourite of these type of moments; when it drops it's fucking epic.

Another one that I have to mention is the point in Interpol's Take you on a cruise, at 2:10 into it, where the guitar stops for a beat and the vocals crash in: "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii am the scavenger..."

n4EKVxA1wDc&feature=related

Another of those great moments is halfway through Last Goodbye, by Jeff Buckley. Anyone who loves that song will know where I'm talking about; the part where he lets out an awesome wail and then: "Did you say, no this can't happen to me, did you rush to the phone to call..."

--KOF71WLcI

The final one I'll mention is one that Glen Hansard, from The Frames, did for the film Once. The bit in it half way through where he goes a bit mental always does the business for me.

8zEyRixsDZY

Favourite guitar rift has to be when the bass kicks in near the end of Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain'

As for spine tingling, this performance is amazing. Not one of their best songs but just an ace video and right up there with my most played on youtube....

[YOUTUBE]jBbyc3t-Ctc[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait for Noel's solo stuff to come out, Beady Eye are really disappointing.

This is one of my very favourite of these type of moments; when it drops it's fucking epic.

Another one that I have to mention is the point in Interpol's Take you on a cruise, at 2:10 into it, where the guitar stops for a beat and the vocals crash in: "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii am the scavenger..."

Another one like that is Eskimo Friend. For those who don't know it, if you haven't got time to listen to it, start it from about 2.50 for 30 seconds. But if you CAN find the time to listen to it all, it's worth it.

[YOUTUBE]hFySnZl2O8o[/YOUTUBE]

See also:

"Throw those curtains wide!"

I love the bit on McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed when the Hammond kicks in.

I love the lazy, slurred scat in Chet Baker's recorded version of Everything Happens To Me. Like a slow orgasm in a chocolate fountain. No, that's not a euphemism.

"I may not always love you...."

Too many 'hairs on the back of the neck' moments to write down. Isn't music great?

The bit about 6 minutes into the 12" version of New Order's 'Perfect Kiss' (on the 'Substance compilation) when it all suddenly kicks off - what an epic, exhilarating climax to a record. It was my favourite moment in music when I first heard it 24 years ago and it still is now.

Intro to 'Where The Streets Have No Name' - Pure Magic.

Especially on the Boston DVD 2001 Gig, absolutely beautiful in every way as the crowd start going mental during the Intro.

Mother - Lennon, the build up and the anguish in his voice gets me every time.

The outro of The Chain - Fleetwood Mac, fucking love it as it builds up and the drums sound amazing on that, especially the kick and snare.

Loads more that i just cant recall right now. Ace thread though.

Radiohead - Arpeggi/Weird Fishes

The lines "Yeah, everybody leaves/if they get the chance/well this/is my chance"

Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter

Two moments: quiet, hushed beginning, followed by "And sometimes when you're on/you're really fucking on", and the plaintive, optimistic, parental wish "You'll be happy"

[YOUTUBE]QKI8pFqWm0s[/YOUTUBE]

Hell of a solo but i put it up here for the Mr. Pink riff. 1 minute in.

Seen this before, fucking fantastic. If I could rep, you'd be getting repped right now.

Have you seen this guy ? This is one of my favourite bass clips, love the way he uses harmonics to flesh the tune out.

[YOUTUBE]5tOeXk8CU9s[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by General Dryness

Seen this before, fucking fantastic. If I could rep, you'd be getting repped right now.

Have you seen this guy ? This is one of my favourite bass clips, love the way he uses harmonics to flesh the tune out.

[YOUTUBE]5tOeXk8CU9s[/YOUTUBE]

That's quality, you know his name mate?