You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

From Cowtownred on RAWK:

"I see no point in posting on any other thread... so many have been hijacked.

Everyone is anxiously waiting news.. so am I.

Be patient.

DIC are still in talks. Their big guns are now involved too. As are the smaller players.

A lot of hurdles to be cleared... but the progress has been very positive. All parties feel that a deal is very, very close.

My source is in London this weekend to meet all involved, which includes high officials from DIC and the AmericanSSSS.

Don't be surprised if the AmericanSSSS are represented at the match on Sunday.

So, its all good so far, but just wait it out."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Cowtownred on RAWK:

Be patient.

DIC are still in talks. Their big guns are now involved too. As are the smaller players.

A lot of hurdles to be cleared... but the progress has been very positive. All parties feel that a deal is very, very close.

My source is in London this weekend to meet all involved, which includes high officials from DIC and the AmericanSSSS.

They'll go an way game but not a home, fucking shitbags. They'll spin it as supporting the team.

Fingers crossed everyone!

From Cowtownred on RAWK:

Be patient.

No offence to you or anything mate, I think this is bullshit.

Every other night X, Y and Z person on RAWK is spouting something about how their 'source' has told them to be patient and that it's gonna heppen soon. It's ridiculous, there are more "sources" on RAWK than there are on Paul Newman's shelf.

No offence to you either Ted, but Shaun is a sound lad and a good red. He wouldn't spout shit knowingly.

Fair enough, I don't go on RAWK so I've no idea who's who on there. If this is all true and that, I'll gladly hold my hand up and admit I was wrong.

I think I'm just exsasperated with the amount of stuff coming out every direction. Most of it contradicting what has come before. I, like evrybody, just want this to be over. Now.

From Cowtownred on RAWK:

Be patient.

Is he a snake or just types with a lisp.

Same news as a month ago. DIC intent on buying us at the right price though.

wonder what the right price is though,the right price as DIC see it,which in all aqctuallity means they could be under valueing us and in that case a deal may never be done if their price is way off the mark of what it should be.

im of the opinion that they should just give the money,if they run the club right and are in it for the long haul surely they would make their money back.

wonder what the right price is though,the right price as DIC see it,which in all aqctuallity means they could be under valueing us and in that case a deal may never be done if their price is way off the mark of what it should be.

im of the opinion that they should just give the money,if they run the club right and are in it for the long haul surely they would make their money back.

Yes, what is a couple of hundred millions anyway?

Thats the problem.

When Moores was selling the club we were undervalue which attracted people like Hicks and Gillett in the first place.

Now DIC are wanting to buy us Hicks and Gillett are asking the true value of the club which means its way over what they paid but DIC dont want to be seen as paying way over as its bad for their future business.

It would not surprise me if its true regards they been agreement to sell to the other partner if either one of them wanted out and it also wouldnt surprise me if Hicks bought out Gillett (probably via a loan which will be banged on the club).

What gets me is we keep hearing about how much DIC want the club and how now the Sheik is a boyhood Liverpool fan.

If he was so much of a Liverpool fan why doesnt he just buy us himself so therefore not even involving DIC as what we would cost is small change to him.

The time its taking DIC to even make an offer suggests to me that they wont spend cash on us even if they managed to buy us as they obviously have a set budget for the purchase of the club, stadium and new players which they dont want to exceed.

Same news as a month ago. DIC intent on buying us at the right price though.

Rash mate, I hope your right about all this, however, this 'Right price' thing is nuts, DIC know about the free market, supply and demand, if they really want to buy us, they have to pay what HIcks wants, simple as. They are behaving in exactly the way you despise when Parry says they wont pay over the odds for players. If a team ask x million for a player, you have achoice, buy him at that price or walk away. DIC have that choice, pay what Hicks wants or their going to walk away.

The worst thing about all this, is that had they matched G&Ts offer last year, they could have had us for 180m.

What gets me is we keep hearing about how much DIC want the club and how now the Sheik is a boyhood Liverpool fan.

If he was so much of a Liverpool fan why doesnt he just buy us himself so therefore not even involving DIC as what we would cost is small change to him.

I don't believe for 1 minute that he is a Liverpool fan. At any case, DIC was formed by him to handle things like this - buying/selling businesses and making profit out of them.

The time its taking DIC to even make an offer suggests to me that they wont spend cash on us even if they managed to buy us as they obviously have a set budget for the purchase of the club, stadium and new players which they dont want to exceed.

I think this is a chicken and egg thing. The more they spend now in buying the club, the less they can spend on the team/stadium etc. May be that is the reason why they are bargaining hard. Also, DIC have already failed once trying to get LFC - they won't want to risk their reputation by submitting an offer and getting knocked back. It looks as though they will only make an offer once the terms are 'agreed' and that they are sure of getting us.

It would not surprise me if its true regards they been agreement to sell to the other partner if either one of them wanted out and it also wouldnt surprise me if Hicks bought out Gillett

That is a scary possibility. If Hicks gets full control, no one can save us.

A lot of people on other forums seem to be claiming that the doomsday scenario of Hicks buying out Gillett is a very real possibility. I'm hibernating till 2011.

Ofcourse it is. Hicks is rich enough to do that.

Remember, it was Gillett who approached Hicks originally. Hicks had the upper hand and would have dictated the take over terms.

Thats the problem.

Now DIC are wanting to buy us Hicks and Gillett are asking the true value of the club which means its way over what they paid but DIC dont want to be seen as paying way over as its bad for their future business.

but surely they could put a gag on anyone revealing what they paid for the club or could make it part of the agreement to release a figure which doesnt harm future business,or is it law that the actual price has to be revealed?