You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15
I still dont understand how they expect to make this work?

they're going to be putting debt onto the club which will result in an extra 30-40 million to be paid in interest each year where's that money going to come from?

You can only assume it'll come from TV and CL money or player sales which means there'll be less money for the manager to improve the team. If we dont improve the team we won't be getting CL football never mind challenging for the PL because teams like Man City, Newcastle, Tottenham will be spending big and if we stand still they will overtake us.

How can they make this work without a winning team? or at least a team thats making the CL every season?

Add to that they have a set of fans they're expecting to put money in their pockets that hate them!

Their out of their depth financially if they don't support the manager with big money for the team their investment will quickly be worth next to nothing. I just don't see how they can make it work.

The answer to that mate is....that the 2 jamooks thought that Athens comes around every season and somebody has obviously told them that Rafa in the past has brought success to this and another club on a shoestring budget compared with the opposition.

The 2 jamooks thought that CL success and qualification was guaranteed as a minimum and thought that the summers outlay was it.

Its like that nobber Hermes saying "we have spent 130 million in X number of years to stand still/go from 3rd to 4th" etc etc ...as he often does....the problem is that the competition, not just from above, doesn't stand still waiting for you to sort your shit out.

I genuinely believe the titheads were shocked when Rafa asked them for further funds to strengthen in January...they would have then gone to their source with the big shoes and said something like "I thought you said this fucking Yahoo could do the business without spending money?"....so while they are desperately trying to look after their own interests, Rafa is looking after the clubs interests and his own...and they just didn't want the hassle or have the inclination to talk about money or the situation of the club while they had worries of their own.

If they think its bad now, just wait until they have been here another year or 2 with their 'business plan'....Liverpool FC will be dying on its feet with these 2 bastards here, thats why the cancer needs to be cut out right now...if it isn't, I kid you not, there will be people looking to do serious physical harm to these 2 before much longer if they don't fuck off.

its leeds all over again, with interest that high (should they secure the finance) if we fail to qualify for the CL ONCE and we'll be fucked. its no exaggeration to say this is the biggest crisis in the clubs history. I wanted moores out well careful what you wish for.

THE best thing we can hope for is if the bank declines their application for a loan

I also doubt the stadium will ever be built the debts will consume all the capital and they can't keep borrowing 15-20m a year to spend on transfers. their loan has already ballooned from 220m to 270m in the space of 12 months, now they're quoted to be after 350m to refinance that and to 'start the stadium', along with hefty arrangement fee's and interest and if they plan on borrowing for player investment again your looking at the debt growing another 30% in the space of a year i.e over 400m and plus they will need more to finish the stadium.

sooner or later it will all come crashing down

“When I was in the leverage buy-out business we bought Weetabix and we leveraged it up to make our return. You could say that anyone who was eating Weetabix was paying for our purchase of Weetabix. It was just business. It is the same for Liverpool; revenues come in from whatever source and go out to whatever source and, if there is money left over, it is profit.” - Hicks

This Is Anfield: Liverpool FC Fan Site - Archives » Look who’s talking, again

Hicks has a tendency to both (a) run away at the mouth and (b) tell lots of lies.

Also, he's currently engaged in a game of brinkmanship with DIC because he's into the twilight hour of his RBS loan deal but still wants a good payoff, he's just tying to blag that he's got a decent hand.

I trust Bascombe when it comes to all this shit, something positive is deffo afoot.

Hicks has to deny he's selling. Think of it this way, if he says he's selling then the refinance will fall through, and if any deal with DIC falls through before he's secured the refinancing, he's fucked. It's in his interests to deny it at this point.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Hicks has a tendency to both (a) run away at the mouth and (b) tell lots of lies.

Also, he's currently engaged in a game of brinkmanship with DIC because he's into the twilight hour of his RBS loan deal but still wants a good payoff, he's just tying to blag that he's got a decent hand.

I trust Bascombe when it comes to all this shit, something positive is deffo afoot.

I agree with that.

This is just the final posturing before he fucks off with his pockets full of money that could have been better spent on the team and the club.

There is no way that there isn't something going on and there is no way anybody can take him seriously when he says he knows fuck all about it and that he is fully committed to being here for the long haul.

If you're reading this Mr.Hicks, or one of your paid lackies....just fuck off before you do irreparable damage to this club....nobody likes you, your business plan or your swaggering bullshit...so do one.

Interesting how the price keeps changing.

Even yesterday's article had it at £500m then later down to £350m. Chris B had £350m this morning, then on Five Live it became "around £300m".

Off the top of my head they borrowed not far short of £300m last year, I don't know if that figure included the interest on itself or if that's got to be paid back on top next month, but if the offer is now not much more than £300m they'll hardly make a bean, relatively speaking.

It will take 400m min to buy them Out IMO

We may well be stuck with them, Gillett now holds the key, if he blocks the refinancing deal then Hicks would be forced to sell if he doesnt I reckon were stuck with them

Ive been told by a mate of a mate that its 500m in total but that includes 85m for new players.

It will be resolved one way or another in the next 7 days IMO

Guest PaddyBerger15

Ive been told by a mate of a mate that its 500m in total but that includes 85m for new players.

Why in the name of all things sane would DIC be factoring into an offer the price of new players that aren't here yet to 2 jamooks who won't be buying them?

Hicks isn't getting the price he wants and hence no sale. I haven't heard anything since I was told DIC were close to buying us.

so you was wrong?:whistle:

“When I was in the leverage buy-out business we bought Weetabix and we leveraged it up to make our return. You could say that anyone who was eating Weetabix was paying for our purchase of Weetabix. It was just business. It is the same for Liverpool; revenues come in from whatever source and go out to whatever source and, if there is money left over, it is profit.” - Hicks

This Is Anfield: Liverpool FC Fan Site - Archives » Look who’s talking, again

Where you the Office Junior then ? Jesus , I nearly spit me weetabix out!

I reckon we kill him.

Quality idea. And with your avatar, you're just the man for the job. I reckon you march into his office with a 1986 10p piece, flip him and tell him to call it. When he asks why explain that this 10p has travelled 22 years just to get to this point and that he stands to win everything. Then, regardless of the outcome just air-gun the fucker. Entertaining to give him false hope first though.

Hicks' statement is excellent news. He HAS to deny a sale, he HAS to look reluctant or he'd be shooting himself in the foot with the deal he'd likely get. Note that there is no mention of Gillett in there, that there is no mention of the joint attempt to sell some of the club to DIC in November, and a denial of ANY interest or bid from DIC at this stage, which we know to be incorrect.

The statement is a perfect get out clause. None of it issues a concrete 'will never sell' style message, it's all about intentions and expectations, which we know mean not a fucking thing. He's a proven liar and deniar, and this is about the best news could expect from the man short of 100% confirmation of a sale.