You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez on SSN

Thomo123

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
There's no such thing as a free transfer. His wages have to be paid for too.

duh!

It says 'money spent on...' Of course we have to pay them wages, christ some people.

In all truthfullness, things like this shouldve been considered before the takeover was completed. Having the two owners thousands of miles away was always going to lead to problems like this. They are the ones who sanction everything, sign the cheques. Atleast under Moores, there was the day to day involvment, now its month to month. Sending emails, for fuck sake! We're fucking Liverpool Football Club, not mates talking on msn!

I can see why Rafas pissed off, and i back him 100%. Its ok the yanks coming over every few months for the big games, standing at the front of the directors box, scarves in the air for the cameras. We need someones here day to day, and obviously fuckin Foster isnt doing that. You dont see these problems with the mancs, glaziers sons basically run the club. No arguing over money being made available. If people arent here day to day who can make the decisions, then how can you expect Rafa to do his job to the best of his ability, when he has to wait 2months between meetings before he can do anything?

He wants his targets sorted now, quite understandably. Because if not they will be off somewhere else.

And why the fuck does tom hicks have to come out with todays comments! If your going to sort it out, talking to the fuckin ECHO isnt going to do that is it! Get on your fuckin private jet and get your arse over here, and fuckin pick smiler gillet up on the way, because its Rafa you need to be talking to, not the media. TIT!!! Its like a civil war, fighting against eachother! Keep it in house you daft twat! Your not running your fuckin hockey team now you silly cunt. The worst thing they couldve done was release release a statement and talk to the echo, just totally escalates the situation.

Ive got a bad feeling about this, im fuckin brickin it

In all truthfullness, things like this shouldve been considered before the takeover was completed. Having the two owners thousands of miles away was always going to lead to problems like this. They are the ones who sanction everything, sign the cheques. Atleast under Moores, there was the day to day involvment, now its month to month. Sending emails, for fuck sake! We're fucking Liverpool Football Club, not mates talking on msn!

I can see why Rafas pissed off, and i back him 100%. Its ok the yanks coming over every few months for the big games, standing at the front of the directors box, scarves in the air for the cameras. We need someones here day to day, and obviously fuckin Foster isnt doing that. You dont see these problems with the mancs, glaziers sons basically run the club. No arguing over money being made available. If people arent here day to day who can make the decisions, then how can you expect Rafa to do his job to the best of his ability, when he has to wait 2months between meetings before he can do anything?

He wants his targets sorted now, quite understandably. Because if not they will be off somewhere else.

And why the fuck does tom hicks have to come out with todays comments! Its like a civil war, fighting against it eachother! Keep it in house you daft twat! Your not running your fuckin hockey team now you silly cunt. The worst thing they couldve done was release release a statement and talk to the echo, just totally escalates the situation.

So you back Rafa 100%, but Hicks is a "daft twat" for his comments today?

Can you spell "hypocrite"?

And why the fuck does tom hicks have to come out with todays comments! If your going to sort it out, talking to the fuckin ECHO isnt going to do that is it! Get on your fuckin private jet and get your arse over here, and fuckin pick smiler gillet up on the way, because its Rafa you need to be talking to, not the media. TIT!!! Its like a civil war, fighting against eachother! Keep it in house you daft twat! Your not running your fuckin hockey team now you silly cunt. The worst thing they couldve done was release release a statement and talk to the echo, just totally escalates the situation.

The way I see it Rafa was the one to let it out of the house in the first place. I agree, however, that the cowboys shouldn’t escalate it by using the whip in public. They could’ve done that inside the house. But staying calm and keeping it indoors isn’t very cowboyish is it? Yeehaa..

So you back Rafa 100%, but Hicks is a "daft twat" for his comments today?

Can you spell "hypocrite"?

Yes i can, why ?

Rafa didnt say anything, he didnt come out and tell everyone he has been told to wait until 2weeks before the window opens before he can discuss his targets, he didnt tell everyone the problems that where quite clearly going on behind closed doors. Ok, it was blatantly obvious something was up, but he didnt feed the media with all the details, which is exactly what the journos want.

Rafa has an obligation to talk to the press, tom hicks doesnt. Id much prefer he got his arse over here and spoke to rafa directly, instead of through a newspaper. You tell me what good that is going to do for the situation? Its quite clearly at breaking point as it is, we dont need stupid comments from tom hicks thousands of miles away making it worse. We need them sat in melwood now, sorting this situation out before we end up losing the best manager we've had in 20years

That ok for you?

Rafa started it, unfortunately.

About time Rafa was put in his place. He needs to learn the difference between "employer" and "employee", and pretty sharpish, because his childish outbursts are weakening his position.

I have to agree with that. There was no need for Rafa to come out and say what he did at the Press conference. He's already had his knuckles rapped from the last out-burst after Athens. At that time I agreed with him 100% because it was "always talking and no action" but this time round I don't agree with him.

I'm sure that the owners would have said that they'll discuss it with him in December and if Rafa wasn't happy with that then that needs sorting at the December meeting not via a press conference.

Not sure what he hopes to achieve by doing this as it's just going to piss the Yanks off. Like Strontium Dog mentioned Rafa needs to remember he is the employee.

I did think something was up when the Bayern Munich story came out last week and I commented to a mate that either Rafa is trying to get a pay rise or he wants more money for transfers....

Is it a coincidence that every time there is a transfer window approching that a story linking Rafa with a return to Spain and other big clubs come out.. Rafa isn't a stupid bloke and I wouldn't expect his agent to be either...

As much as I love Rafa, in this instance he is wrong.

I'm troubled by all of this. The Tony Barrett article on the previous page was spot on. I feel we are at a crossroads with Rafa here.

In defense of the owners, maybe they could assure Rafa of more funds to spend if he had already qualified for the knockout stages, rather than having that hanging by a thread. (The credit crunch and the global financial situation has not helped either, but purely on a football basis, they seem to be adopting a 'wait and see' policy. Good housekeeping or too stingy? It's all a matter of perspective).

In defense of Rafa, he's a serious football man with a big project underway. He must have a good feel for what he needs, and he wants to line up the deals (likely in and out) ASAP, since he knows full well that it is very competitive at the top. There is a lot of danger that the best targets might go elsewhere.

I'd like to think that some sort of compromise deal can be struck here. I'd like the owners to stretch to Rafa's demands, even if they don't know yet if we will qualify for the knockout stages. I'd also like Rafa to give an assurance that he won't be outspoken again.

Further to that, I'd be happier if a proper working structure can be formed, so everyone knows where they stand and simply gets on with the job within the understood parameters.

I've an inkling that waiting for the meeting on Dec 16th will be too late, and it is possible that the situation might be irretrievable by then. Hopefully G&H can get over here sooner and work this out with Rafa, both for this window and the longer term.

I said to myself after the Everton game that it may be the beginning of the end for Rafa but I didn't think it would be for anything to do away from the pitch.

We need this sorting out ASAP or our season will be totally undermined.

I think both are to blame here for equal reasons - Rafa should get answers on any questions he has but equally he shouldn't act like a fairy when he doesn't get his way.

Yes i can, why ?

Rafa didnt say anything, he didnt come out and tell everyone he has been told to wait until 2weeks before the window opens before he can discuss his targets, he didnt tell everyone the problems that where quite clearly going on behind closed doors. Ok, it was blatantly obvious something was up, but he didnt feed the media with all the details, which is exactly what the journos want.

Rafa has an obligation to talk to the press, tom hicks doesnt. Id much prefer he got his arse over here and spoke to rafa directly, instead of through a newspaper. You tell me what good that is going to do for the situation? Its quite clearly at breaking point as it is, we dont need stupid comments from tom hicks thousands of miles away making it worse. We need them sat in melwood now, sorting this situation out before we end up losing the best manager we've had in 20years

That ok for you?

I think by not saying that and just saying "I will concentrate on training and coaching my team" he made the whole situation worse. At least after Athens he said what was on his mind.. this time he just handed the journos a pertol can and a match as he walked out of the press conference.

I think by not saying that and just saying "I will concentrate on training and coaching my team" he made the whole situation worse. At least after Athens he said what was on his mind.. this time he just handed the journos a pertol can and a match as he walked out of the press conference.

The only media coverage that press conference got was sky reporting it as "bizarre". It was the comments following from gillet/hicks, and then hicks again today, that put the story firmly in the press.

Seriously, i just cant for the life of me work out what good the americans hope to come from making these statements in the press. They need to realise Rafa is frustrated, they also need to realise that he is the best chance they have of making the club "the number one club in the world" as they said in their opening press conference. When did you ever here any kind of interview with moores? never. Maybe its a culture difference, but they need to realise Liverpool is on a whole new scale to anything they have touched before. Its Rafa they need to be talking to, not Tony Barret. I cant see how people cant understand this

In defense of the owners, maybe they could assure Rafa of more funds to spend if he had already qualified for the knockout stages.

we get an extra 10m if we get to the CL final, are they counting on this? it could be 5/6/7m, depending on how far we go

the increase in tv money this summer was £30 million, 3x more than what we would get should we fail to get to the CL final