You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PES 2008

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itll come out on the xbox. The developers cant afford to make it ps only....unless sony are preprared to take a pretty big hit on an exclusivity deal. They just dont have that sort of power any more. The two biggest selling consoles are the 360 and the wii (that may or not be true - i think i read it somewhere with the wii outselling all others)

Its all be lies and rumours by xboys and pskids. It'll be out on all formats. Even the megadrive.

it's definitely on the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. i haven't played in a year or two and don't even have a next gen system, so i'm probably going to have to wait for both to be reviewed in depth before i take the plunged

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Other slight annoyances are the fact the PES series appears to have lost a couple of official licenses over the course of a year. In the premiership, for example, both Arsenal and Man Utd are no longer the officially licensed teams they were last year and have been relegated back to their usual 'North London' and 'Man Red' statuses. We had other niggling irritations in this area because it seems you don't have the same dream team options from last year's PS2 version. This allowed you to pick a number of teams and then have the computer pick a dream team out of your selection. There's no sign of it on the Xbox 360, which is a shame because it would've been a nice addition this year.

On the other hand, Konami have added the Edit mode for PES 2008, although the Training mode is once again limited as it doesn't have the extensive training challenges of last year's PS2 game. Beyond that, the usual Master League offerings add content and appeal to the single player game. There's also Cup and League Modes for less managerially intensive competitions.

-----------------------------------------

Is that what you wanted to know Julian? There is more here:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/pes2008/review.html?mode=web

Well Mr. K?

I'm loving it. Played a couple of Konami Cup games on professional. The only thing I'd say is I scored three headers in the first half in my first game, so it seemed a bit easy on pro. Kuyt with 2 and Torres with t'other. The online mode was in bits, there was some message from Konami saying they were "working on it".

Its total shite the online now. PES6 had lag, but at least it was playable. You just played people from Holland/France/UK and you were ok. Can't even do that anymore, and it seems like you both just lag like fuck now anyway. In PES6, it used to be one half each for hosting, so if one lagged the other lagged, at least you had a lag free half, or both were lag free if you weren't playing some Spanish prick. Not now though.

I'm loving it. Played a couple of Konami Cup games on professional. The only thing I'd say is I scored three headers in the first half in my first game, so it seemed a bit easy on pro. Kuyt with 2 and Torres with t'other. The online mode was in bits, there was some message from Konami saying they were "working on it".

Interesting that Tk. I've been on a downloading frenzy this week, but the only games I'm thinking of getting for the PS3 are Ninja Gaiden (looks really good fighting/adventure sort of thing), PES and the F1 game. Im loving Motorstorm at the mo, fucking brilliant arcade racing thing which reminds me of the Pod Racing in P.M.

Interesting that Tk. I've been on a downloading frenzy this week, but the only games I'm thinking of getting for the PS3 are Ninja Gaiden (looks really good fighting/adventure sort of thing), PES and the F1 game. Im loving Motorstorm at the mo, fucking brilliant arcade racing thing which reminds me of the Pod Racing in P.M.

I'm shit at Motorstorm, it's so annoying, although I haven't really persevered. I just crash and can't get back in the race when racing online.

You fancy a game of Resistance or PES sometime? My connection problems seem to have abated for the time being. What would you say is the minimum connection needed for satisfactory online gaming, I have 2 meg but think I may need to upgrade.

You can get a Ninja Gaiden demo from the Playstation store. Having played the F1 demo I would say it is below average.

I'm shit at Motorstorm, it's so annoying, although I haven't really persevered. I just crash and can't get back in the race when racing online.

You fancy a game of Resistance or PES sometime? My connection problems seem to have abated for the time being. What would you say is the minimum connection needed for satisfactory online gaming, I have 2 meg but think I may need to upgrade.

You can get a Ninja Gaiden demo from the Playstation store. Having played the F1 demo I would say it is below average.

I'm probably 90% getting PES so when Ive got it we'll lock horns online mate.

Mate of mine is bringing over F1 on Thursday for me to have a look, he reckons its shite too but Im open minded.

Ps I accepted your friends invite via the Playstation Network thingy, did you get a notification?

When did you accept?

PS F1 is proper shite. It's just a cheapo, licencey launch title. Steer clear (see what I did there).

hmm...think it was on Sunday?

You're on my friends list but it says "invitation sent" or something when I click on it. I pressed triangle and sent you a message which said "yo". That was last night. Hope this helps. You've got some Corporal/General from Rambo dude as an avater. Mine's a baseball hitter.