You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He does appear to be a bit (more than a bit) of a nonce, but he does seem to have done well this year. I don't understand the strength of feeling for him on here, unless that's the legacy Rashid factor. What is clear is that we need to find players who are comfortable on the ball high up the pitch, have pace and can deliver crosses from the touchline. Either that, or turn Andy Carroll into a rounded attacking player. Easier to do the former I think.

Not being familiar with Turkish football I would take that on face value, and he did do well with Porto as well!

But, he was shite in Spain, Italy and provided no highlights of hidden talents in his brief stint at Chelsea.

He has found his level, a flat track bully with gel.

Liverpool join in on the Quaresma race

Liverpool have joined AC Milan in the race to sign Besiktas winger Ricardo Quaresma, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

May 4, 2011 12:02:43 PM

Share Share

Quaresma - Besiktas

Photo Gallery

Zoom

Quaresma - Besiktas

Related Links

Teams

* AC Milan

* Liverpool

Find the best odds and bet on Serie A.

The Italian club have been in negotiations to sign the skillful wide-man all winter, and it was even, wrongly, reported last month that the transfer had been completed.

However, over the past few weeks talk about a transfer had died down, with Milan unprepared to pay the reported €40m that Besiktas were demanding.

Earlier this week it was reported in the Italian press that the transfer could be back on after AC Milan confirmed they are looking to find players who are comfortable on the ball high up the pitch, have pace and can deliver crosses from the touchline.

However, the Corriere dello Sport today claims that the Italian club now face competition from Premiership giants Liverpool, who have entered the race for Quaresma late in the day.

Reds manager Kenny Dalglish wants to make one exciting signing at the absolute beginning of the transfer window, and he has now almost given up on primary target Sergio Aguero. Instead he will now move for Quaresma, a player he admires greatly, and the club has been linked with in the past.

Quaresma is desperate to leave Turkey, despite a good run in the team, scoring 12 goals in 30 matches.

Ezra di Franco

Liverpool Linked With Portuguese Trickster

by John Lutz on Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:37PM Comments 25

Do you like this story?

Though the task of qualifying for Europe is still at hand, the summer is fast approaching. With that come countless transfer rumors, the latest of which have Liverpool linked with Wing magician Ricardo Quaresma.

Quaresma, 27, is being eyed by Liverpool, according to the Daily Mail. The Besiktas midfielder, according to the report, was watched by Reds assistant Sammy Lee last weekend.

The Portugese star figures to cost up to £25 million ($44.75 million), but Liverpool "leads the race" to land him this summer, according to GiveMeFootball.com.Liverpool is also reportedly keeping an eye on Dutch forward sensation Tim Vincken, who currently plays as a right-winger for SBV Excelsior.

well if they have the scoop on this it must be true

Liverpool is also reportedly keeping an eye on Dutch forward sensation Tim Vincken, who currently plays as a right-winger for SBV Excelsior.[/size]

And this guy is back on some retard's radar it seems. Some cock on goal.com or caughtoffside seems to "link" him with us on an annual basis. If he's that much of a sensation he would be creating waves amongst the top sides of the Eredivisie you would think. Plus, he's 24 and has barely done anything. He rivals El Zhar as the oldest young player in the game.

Failed in that he was pretty awful for both Barcelona, Inter and, in the very short time he was there, Chelsea.

Wrong.

He fell out with the manager at barca as he actually sometimnes used him at left back and was swapped in the deal with Deco from Porto, he left because he wanted to, not the other way around.

He was signed by Inter together with mancini and then Mourinho found out he should just scrap playing wingers, not really Quaresmas fault either.

He got a loan at Chelsea and played really well in his first few games, then Scolari got sacked and Hiddink wanted to use the players who was actual Chelsea players, many a loan players fall and they did not really have a reason to change the set up later, again not Quaresmas fault.

So for the two clubs who have actually used him and given him a chance in his best position he has been a tremendous success, what is that telling you?

I will always remember Insua for this, some say you cant polish a turd but I do think that he could of been a decent player under a manager with better player management skills:

[YOUTUBE]r8b2B2GiAUI[/YOUTUBE]

Also Code you really need to tone down a bit.

Wrong.

He fell out with the manager at barca as he actually sometimnes used him at left back and was swapped in the deal with Deco from Porto, he left because he wanted to, not the other way around.

He was signed by Inter together with mancini and then Mourinho found out he should just scrap playing wingers, not really Quaresmas fault either.

He got a loan at Chelsea and played really well in his first few games, then Scolari got sacked and Hiddink wanted to use the players who was actual Chelsea players, many a loan players fall and they did not really have a reason to change the set up later, again not Quaresmas fault.

So for the two clubs who have actually used him and given him a chance in his best position he has been a tremendous success, what is that telling you?

Its not Quaresma's fault that the wide players played crap so Mourinho dropped the system? Funny that, Mourinho never had a problem playing Duff/Robben or Cole out wide, same with Pandev and Eto'o. He was given "flop of the year" or whatever the award they have out there for the worst signing is called.

Hiddink didnt play him because he wasnt good enough. Left out because he was on loan? So if that Chelsea team had Messi on loan he'd have been left out too? I dont think so.

He's failed in every big league and isnt exactly doing much in Turkey. No amount of made up lies changes that.

Wrong.

doing-it-wrong.jpg

His 3 league goals this season have been massive in Besiktas' chase for 5th place.

That weirdo is just making these articles up.

Don't drag me into your argument with Code. My opinion has nothing to do with what anybody else is saying on here, it's based on my interpretation of the evidence. Thanks.

Anyway, I don't care whether or not it's Quaresma we buy, as long as we have players with either technique and pace (preferably both) on the wings to provide Carroll with the service he will need in order to contribute to our success next season.

I think he's trying to suggest that players can defy expectations and/or overcome prejudice. I agree with him. That doesn't mean I want Quaresma here btw.

I just feel they are totally different situations, no one knew how good or bad Suarez would be, people had their guesses but since we'd not seen him play at the highest level of club football weekly we couldn't really judge how he would turn out, while Quaresma has played in all 3 top leagues under 4 top managers, and failed to make an impression under any of the 4 managers and 3 teams.

Sometimes players can get unlucky in a certain league or under certain managers, like Forlan, Pique, Shevchenko etc, but when he's failed in all 3 top leagues, then you have to wonder if he just doesn't have the attitude/talent necessary to play for a top team like Liverpool.

Evidence? Haha! Oh dear. You do realise the "articles" that crazy guy is posting are made up dont you?

What are you talking about? I have no idea what articles you're referring to. If it's stuff on here, I haven't seen it. I've got full access to the internet, newspapers, radio and TV from where I sit. And I know how to use them.

I just feel they are totally different situations, no one knew how good or bad Suarez would be, people had their guesses but since we'd not seen him play at the highest level of club football weekly we couldn't really judge how he would turn out, while Quaresma has played in all 3 top leagues under 4 top managers, and failed to make an impression under any of the 4 managers and 3 teams.

Sometimes players can get unlucky in a certain league or under certain managers, like Forlan, Pique, Shevchenko etc, but when he's failed in all 3 top leagues, then you have to wonder if he just doesn't have the attitude/talent necessary to play for a top team like Liverpool.

I can see your point.

Do your trousers up.

What are you talking about? I have no idea what articles you're referring to. If it's stuff on here, I haven't seen it. I've got full access to the internet, newspapers, radio and TV from where I sit. And I know how to use them.

The ones you were using as "evidence" but shhh, now you've realised they're wrong we can pretend you haven't seen them. *taps nose*