You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ricky Hatton v Jose Luis Castillo

Liam

Should be a good scrap this one. I think Hatton is taking a risk with a fighter many feel is past his best...

I think Hatton might lose this fight, although I will be rooting for him.

One sour note is the fact he has Rooney carrying his belt into the ring.

What a weird image... A Scouser, playing for Man Utd and carrying into the ring a Machester City fanatics belt to Blue Moon...:|

Does anybody know any sites that will show this fight for free as I dont want to subscribe to Setanta?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is gonna be a tough one for Hatton. Castillo is an experienced Mexican 'machista' with a strong chin. Will Hatton have the stamina to last til the latter stages of the fight? Will his yo-yo dieting catch up with him?

I'd say that if Hatton is to win this fight he has to stop Castillo early by targeting the body and knocking the wind out of his sails. The longer the fight goes on, the more it swings in Castillo's favour (in my humble opinion of course!)

Come on, Rickeh!!

I offered myself as a sparring partner to Ricky Hatton in 2001 when I read on teletext he was having trouble finding any for his fight with Jason Rowlands.

My message was passed to Frank Maloney of Sports Network but he declined my offer. He even mentioned me in his weekly column, ahead of the likes of Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield no less, saying how brave I was, but boxing was a tough sport etc.

It's a good job they declined as I had the eye of the tiger back then. I'd have taken him out I reckon! Though in my message to Sports Network, I played my abilities down and made it sound like I'd be a willing human punch bag...

I could have been a contender...!

I predict Ricky to win on Saturday and hope for a better performance than last time. His last fight was shite and I fell asleep half way through the Pay Per View and woke up vowing not to buy a PPV again!

Ste

Should be a good fight but I hope Hatton isn't taking it lightly. I don't like all this 'Manchester Mexican' stuff with him coming to the ring in a sombraro with Rooney and/or Marco Antonio Barrera carrying his belts to the ring. Just concentrate on the fight, if not then Castillo will win.

Should be a good fight but I hope Hatton isn't taking it lightly. I don't like all this 'Manchester Mexican' stuff with him coming to the ring in a sombraro with Rooney and/or Marco Antonio Barrera carrying his belts to the ring. Just concentrate on the fight, if not then Castillo will win.

Rooney is carrying his belts in. I know Hatton is friends with Barrera so maybe he is also carrying an old belt in?

I agree with the earlier post that says Hatton has to stop Castillo. He must be careful when he steps in with big punches though as Castillo is a good counter puncher.

Rooney is carrying his belts in. I know Hatton is friends with Barrera so maybe he is also carrying an old belt in?

How do you know about this Rooney thing? I can't see it with him being a blue.

BBC reported that Barrera would be carrying the belts in here with no mention of that fat granny shagging twat.

I agree with the earlier post that says Hatton has to stop Castillo. He must be careful when he steps in with big punches though as Castillo is a good counter puncher.

I've read that both will be carrying his belts, and to be fair he's got more than 1. He always has his Ring Fighter of the Year belt with him as well as his World Title so they'll probably carry one each.

That will be a wierd sight, Rooney walking to the ring with Barrera and Hatton. I hope Barrera twats him!

Guest PaddyBerger15

It has to be said that Castillo's best days are firmly behind him, and although he is a name, hes a fading name and one who is moving up to Ricky's back yard literally and figuratively, in that Light-Welter is where Ricky knows his business.

If, IF Hatton has done the hard yards and is on top of his game, he should do a number on Castillo, who has been in plenty of wars down the years. Hatton has the natural weight advantage and his speed and body attack should grind Castillo down. If this goes the distance, then Hatton wide on points for me, but he should have got the job done before the final bell sounds.

Mexicans are always dangerous, but I wonder how much Castillo has left, and his appetite for a scrap when those bodyshots start going in. This isn't one of the harder tests out there for Ricky....

Is it not Rooney and Noel Gallagher that are carrying his belts into the ring for him? Is this fight on TV?

Is it not Rooney and Noel Gallagher that are carrying his belts into the ring for him? Is this fight on TV?

Not heard that Noel Gallagher is carrying his belts, that would be ace if he did though.

The fight is on PPV on Setanta Sport, £15 I think.

Anyone ordered Setanta yet? Just done it on the phone about 30 minutes ago, all done via an automated system (i.e. you don't get to speak to anyone). I was told that my payment had been accepted and that my viewing card would be activated in a couple of minutes. To confuse matters, Setanta 1 and 2 are currently on a freeview. Do you have to check NASN etc. to see if it's actually on?

What's the betting that loads don't get to see the fight due to 'system overload/backlog' but still get charged for it?

Hatton won it in the 4th round.

Awesome body punch that put Castillo down and he didn't get up.

Hatton came out flying in the first 2 rounds, almost too fast, like he wouldn't be able to keep it up.

Castillo caught him a couple of times in the 3rd, then in the 4th Castillo lost a point for repeated low blows and Hatton caught him behind his guard with that body punch.

Brilliant atmosphere by the looks and sounds of it and a great performance.

Well I watched, would've liked it to have gone on longer as it was shaping to be a good'un but Hatton hit him with a sickener that's just put him in the upper echelons of the pound for pound listing, as for Setanta they're coverage was like skys with the same pundits and Duke Mckenzie commentating that Castillo was a 'cutie' four times between rounds 2 and 3, couple of little glitches but nothing dramtic.

Also the fact HBO had no idea who Shrek was and couldn't be arsed showing his ugly mug was class.

Hatton won it in the 4th round.

Awesome body punch that put Castillo down and he didn't get up.

Hatton came out flying in the first 2 rounds, almost too fast, like he wouldn't be able to keep it up.

Castillo caught him a couple of times in the 3rd, then in the 4th Castillo lost a point for repeated low blows and Hatton caught him behind his guard with that body punch.

Brilliant atmosphere by the looks and sounds of it and a great performance.

Beat me to it you bastard!