You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Paco

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ElMundoDeportivo's article is as follows (translated poorly but it seems as though it's an interview with Torres who suggests that despite his love for Madrid, he wants to leave because they have not progressed directly into Europe).

“MY IDEA AM TO HAVE LEFT I IN THE ATLETI AND HERE HISTORY FINISHES”

I want to be in the Athletic one to win, otherwise she would not be here. In the end what it is worth is my word and the one of the club”

L to season has been an absolute failure. It was requested to us to put to the equipment in the UEFA and we have not fulfilled it”

The Intertoto does not complete to me, but it is necessary to take steps although they are short and we will give it if we put in the UEFA

If in these five seasons in First we have not been able to gain nothing he is something that there is to explain well”

24/06/07 03:00 h.The history of all the summers. But now the one is the Liverpool that comes, offers a dineral, incorporates players as currency of interchange and Fernando Torres says good bye to the Atleti. Sounds to Him of something?

Yes, it sounds to me. But in the end it is worth the word of the club and mine. I have this more of once if I leave I will be first in saying that I go away. It seems that whenever leaves the news or a rumor I must justify to me, but my idea am to have left I in the Atleti, and here history finishes.

Newcastle, Tottenham, Inter… got to offer much money to buy their freedom…

I have not seen any club that has taken to me. I repeat that if I leave I am first who say that I am wanted to go. But he gives much rage me to leave and to have to deny what he does not exist.

But after fiasco new, with the pending UEFA of the Intertoto, does not consider to look for a winning equipment?

I want to be in the Athletic one to win, because otherwise she would not be here.

But they are many seasons with identical sad end. Is not tired to row for anything?

We have spent years of transition that have had very difficult moments. He is preferable to ahead take steps although they are short, that not to give them. This one is a step more, although it is clear that the Athletic one needs to gain a title to be able to take off absolutely because thus we cannot compete of equal to equal with the others. It is clear that if we gained some title or we were able to classify for the Champions the great players will want to come to grow and to contribute to make great much more to the Athletic one.

What must let the Athletic one to grow in the soccer thing?

That happens to make a year very good and perhaps in this club it is sufficient the UEFA. That makes lack hope again, to fight, to maintain the group and to have ambition.

After 30 weeks maintaining European seat the end has deparado one seventh seat that leaves outside the UEFA expenses of the Intertoto. What explanation deserves the outcome?

That it has been an absolute failure. It was requested to us to put to the equipment in the UEFA and we have not fulfilled it although we have left the possibility of the Intertoto.

And this satisfy him to Towers or aspire to much more?

No, this does not complete to me, but we can take another step ahead if we classified ourselves in the end for the UEFA although it is by the option of Intertoto.

Who is the person in charge of this absolute failure?

The responsibility is of the players, because we had the obligation to carry out a mission and have failed. Although it is certain well that in this club always there have been problems and that arrives to you and in the end also affects to you.

The liking has loaded against Gil Marín and Cerezo. Is they also responsible them?

To the club it is necessary to give time him, because also it has passed it badly. Cerezo and Gil Marín have made a very important work like requesting to them more than what they have done.

Then, what is what lacks so that everything crumbles and the objectives are not obtained?

Patience. It is not possible to be changing of trainer and companions season yes, season also. It is difficult to continue the work if there is changes every year. In this sense to return to trust Javier Aguirre is good because it agrees to give time to work. Also it is necessary to trust the block and to leave a margin of time so that the new ones adapt and all they are known. That formula will give results in three or four years if, in addition, everything what surrounds to the club is implied.

As captain you implies itself. But, in addition, he has the authority more than sufficient to criticize the club or to denounce certain not at all favorable aspects like the fact of to have assumed the captainship of the equipment too much soon…

I must myself imply with the club, but everything what I think I say it to them. If I believe that the things are not of a way, I am first in reflecting it. If a perfect comunión does not exist, the things do not work and if in these five years in First we have not won nothing is something that there is to explain well and to be clear with the messages that occur: it is necessary to sell illusion being realistic and serious

A summer and they go more… Fernando Torres monopolizes the present time of the Athletic one of Madrid by he himself subject: its exit of Vicente Calderón and good bye to the t-shirt rojiblanca. Year after year supplies are accumulated (certain or not), interests of the greatest clubs, mainly of the Premier League, and the summer becomes to shake around the future of the “Boy”. At the moment the one is the Liverpool that, according to the last information, comes to by all and will put million that are necessary to file the colchonero forward.

Rafa Benítez wants to complete its Spanish legion in Anfield Road with the arrival of a Fernando Torres so who has returned to become the maximum artilleryman of the Atleti (five seasons consecutive) throwing of the car in one season complicated once again, filled with bumps that, in addition, has finished in “absolute failure”, and as rojiblanco to Md in an interview in exclusive right confessed the “9” in which the “Boy” made balance of a year, his seventh in the first equipment. The colchonero ram made a global review to the season without avoiding nor a single subject. The high-priority thing, the present thing, is its position before the new broadsides coming from the Premier. Towers did not doubt nor a moment and were forceful by nth time: “My idea am to have left I in the Atleti and here history finishes”

First | Athletic - from AS

THE ARSENAL WANTS THAT THEIR NEW HENRY IS TORRES

England walks scrambled with Towers. The Liverpool has to him noticeable with a cross and could close its draftee the next week, when it travels to Madrid to negotiate. And now it appears in scene the Arsenal, that after selling Henry a new forward looks for stars. The Premier waits for the Boy.

GOALS ARE MILLION. Towers finished the season with fourteen goals, although it began loose after an intense summer. The rest of the Athletic one did not accompany to him and now Liverpool and Arsenal offer company to him to their level.

(JESUS EYRIE)

24.06.2007 IÑAKO DÍAZ-GUERRA

Fernando Torres, The Kid, are the center of attention of English soccer. When the Liverpool promised them very happy, knowing that if appeared in Madrid the week that comes with 36 million would return to house with the end, a rival has left him weight: the Arsenal. The sale of Henry to the Barça by 27 million locates to gunners in a privileged situation to seduce the Boy: without front center and by far money to buy one.

In favor of the Londoners it plays that Wenger has been the great pretendiente of Towers during the past few years. Nevertheless, the refusal of the Boy to leave the Atleti frustrated all its approaches. But this summer is different and the air change, than more probable. So the Arsenal will move card in the next hours. In England they assure that Wenger already has tied a young unknown Brazilian forward, but who also will try to file to a star to cover the hollow of Henry. And the chosen one is Towers.

As much the Athletic one as the soccer player the hands rub before the irruption of the Arsenal in bids up it. The plan of the Liverpool is to come to Madrid the week that comes with the money and to negotiate to try to lower the price of the draftee, perhaps including a Luis Garci'a in the operation, alternative that does not convince in the Manzanres. Nevertheless, now a rival with fresh money and a player like Kings have left them whom yes much to the Athletic one interests. So 36 million will be almost unremovable.

Rich by tele. At the time of evaluating this cost, it is necessary to consider that the Premier signed at the beginning of years an extraordinary televising contract that will distribute between its clubs 5,500 million in three years. This supposes that the last one classified will receive 39 annual million. So that they become an idea, the Atleti finishes signing with Telemadrid a privileged person contract, third from Spain, and will receive 42.4 million per year. So great the English play with much advantage. For that reason the Manchester has paid 30 million by Anderson and 25 by Nani, two promises. So 36 by a consecrated soccer player no longer seem so many.

Benítez insinuates that a player in Spain will fichará

Rafa Benítez spoke yesterday in the page official Web of the Liverpool and, although it did not want to speak of own names, yes that dropped that some draftee will arrive from Spain: “We have several noticeable objectives and I am receiving interesting calls of telephone all the short while. We are analyzing continuously the diverse situations, but still we do not have any urgency. I would like that some new player got up itself before we begin the preseason training, but fichamos some player of Spain will need a longer rest, because they have been finishing Liga for only one week”. The Liverpool returns to the work Thursday, with the previous round of the Champions as great appointment of the summer, and their proprietors, the American multimillionaires George Gillett and Tom Hicks, promised that “great names” would arrive. Fernando Torres is one of the chosen ones and Benítez works in it.

First | Athletic - from AS

THE ARSENAL WANTS THAT THEIR NEW HENRY IS TORRES

England walks scrambled with Towers. The Liverpool has to him noticeable with a cross and could close its draftee the next week, when it travels to Madrid to negotiate. And now it appears in scene the Arsenal, that after selling Henry a new forward looks for stars. The Premier waits for the Boy.

GOALS ARE MILLION. Towers finished the season with fourteen goals, although it began loose after an intense summer. The rest of the Athletic one did not accompany to him and now Liverpool and Arsenal offer company to him to their level.

(JESUS EYRIE)

24.06.2007 IÑAKO DÍAZ-GUERRA

Fernando Torres, The Kid, are the center of attention of English soccer. When the Liverpool promised them very happy, knowing that if appeared in Madrid the week that comes with 36 million would return to house with the end, a rival has left him weight: the Arsenal. The sale of Henry to the Barça by 27 million locates to gunners in a privileged situation to seduce the Boy: without front center and by far money to buy one.

In favor of the Londoners it plays that Wenger has been the great pretendiente of Towers during the past few years. Nevertheless, the refusal of the Boy to leave the Atleti frustrated all its approaches. But this summer is different and the air change, than more probable. So the Arsenal will move card in the next hours. In England they assure that Wenger already has tied a young unknown Brazilian forward, but who also will try to file to a star to cover the hollow of Henry. And the chosen one is Towers.

As much the Athletic one as the soccer player the hands rub before the irruption of the Arsenal in bids up it. The plan of the Liverpool is to come to Madrid the week that comes with the money and to negotiate to try to lower the price of the draftee, perhaps including a Luis Garci'a in the operation, alternative that does not convince in the Manzanres. Nevertheless, now a rival with fresh money and a player like Kings have left them whom yes much to the Athletic one interests. So 36 million will be almost unremovable.

Rich by tele. At the time of evaluating this cost, it is necessary to consider that the Premier signed at the beginning of years an extraordinary televising contract that will distribute between its clubs 5,500 million in three years. This supposes that the last one classified will receive 39 annual million. So that they become an idea, the Atleti finishes signing with Telemadrid a privileged person contract, third from Spain, and will receive 42.4 million per year. So great the English play with much advantage. For that reason the Manchester has paid 30 million by Anderson and 25 by Nani, two promises. So 36 by a consecrated soccer player no longer seem so many.

Benítez insinuates that a player in Spain will fichará

Rafa Benítez spoke yesterday in the page official Web of the Liverpool and, although it did not want to speak of own names, yes that dropped that some draftee will arrive from Spain: “We have several noticeable objectives and I am receiving interesting calls of telephone all the short while. We are analyzing continuously the diverse situations, but still we do not have any urgency. I would like that some new player got up itself before we begin the preseason training, but fichamos some player of Spain will need a longer rest, because they have been finishing Liga for only one week”. The Liverpool returns to the work Thursday, with the previous round of the Champions as great appointment of the summer, and their proprietors, the American multimillionaires George Gillett and Tom Hicks, promised that “great names” would arrive. Fernando Torres is one of the chosen ones and Benítez works in it.

I was waiting for that one, did'nt take them long!

Yep, Eto'o, probably Villa, "rescuing Adriano from his Inter nightmare", "an audacious swoop for Berbatov" and a few others will be linked during the week.

Then they'll sign someone for £2m

AS reporting that Eto'o was offered to them by Laporte, but they refused and just wanted the money.

Sport.es reporting that Milan have offered Valencia 16m for Villa and also to rescind their ownership of Oliveira to them.

Anyone seen the torres bit in star on sunday.Torres has admitted manure been in touch with him,and says manure are his first choice and goes on to say torres has all ready said when he went to old trafford with spain the fans were great with him.

Any credibilty that would have had, ended here.^^

anny road from ynwa knows alison rudd from the times. he says according to the times madrid office we're preparing a bid for torres this weekend. i think he said the buyout is 36m euros not 40m (although someone else may have said that). they're expectnig some movement on the deal tues/weds.

Pass on my sympathies.

Anyone seen the torres bit in star on sunday.Torres has admitted manure been in touch with him,and says manure are his first choice and goes on to say torres has all ready said when he went to old trafford with spain the fans were great with him.

Torres once stated, in an interview with Football 4-4-2, that Liverpool is his favourite team in England.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=335081

More from Goal. Stressing Arsenal may enter the picture and provides 'details' on the difference in valuation between the two sides. Reyes may be used to swing the deal in favour of Arsenal, and Garcia looks to be out of the picture as a make-weight (according to this). Call me Nostradamus if you want but I think there will be some developments this week...

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Benitez/ofrecera/Cisse/abaratar/Torres/dasftb/20070625dasdaiftb_25/Tes/

Sounds like including Cisse might well help the deal if you believe As...

BENÍTEZ WILL OFFER TO CISSÉ TO LOWER THE PRICE OF TO TORRES If one goes away Towers, the Athletic one will fichará a forward of first level. The favourite is Forlán, but the Liverpool has put on the table the name of Djibril Cissé, that is younger, pleases the same and would cost much less, thus letting more money to contract Quaresma and another end. Cissé (REUTERS) TO EXTEND 25.06.2007 INTERESTS TO YOU? IÑAKO DÍAZ-GUERRA

To the Liverpool enemies in their offensive leave to him throughout to file Fernando Torres. First the one was the Arsenal that was added to bids up it, thinking about the Boy to replace Henry, and diverse English newspapers informed yesterday into which the Manchester United, immersed in a buying vortex, also wants to take to the forward of the Athletic one. So to Rafa Benítez the plan is had to him complicated. The departure amounts are clear for all the players: 40 million of the clause, although four of them would correspond to Towers and all the parts agree in which the operation would be closed by 36. From here, each pretendiente will try to sweeten its supply with players and there the Liverpool can have found S.A. in Djibril Cissé. Rick Parry, executive director of reds and that will take the negotiation by English part, will offer to the French to lower the price of the operation and to the Athletic one she interests much this option to him. Tried. Cissé is an old dream rojiblanco, to which Toni Muñoz already tried to file in the summer of 2004. But that race gained the Liverpool, that international French paid to 21 million to the Auxerre by fortísimo. Although its race in Anfield began very well, the injuries were fattened with Cissé from then. In October of 2004, an entrance of the defense of the Blackburn James McEveley fractured the tibia and peroné to him of the left leg. It took eight months in returning to play, but it gave time him to be the maximum goleador of France in the phase of classification for World-wide the 2006 and entered the definitive list for Germany. , Friendly nevertheless in the last previous to the match, the Chinese Zheng Zhi again left to the tibia and peroné to him, although this time of the right leg. Other six months in the drydock. It returned in December, yielded by the Liverpool to the Olympique of Marseilles, where it has rendered at a great level and it has already returned to the selection. The Athletic one is not worried about the medical file of Cissé, since their two injuries arrived in entered footpaths hard and they do not imply a natural propensity to injure itself. In addition, on the verge of turning 26 years and with a privileged physicist, its recovery has been perfect. The Liverpool, with which it has contract until 2009, has appraised to him in 9 million euros and the Bolton seemed near closing his draftee, but this operation has been stopped to expenses of which it happens this week in the negotiation by Fernando Torres. In fact, the Liverpool has given instructionses to Cissé so that their representatives put themselves in contact the sooner with the Athletic one to know if the project rojiblanco is of its affability and to show their interest in saturating in the Manzanares. While, the Manchester follows on the lookout. So far, Ferguson is trying to place to three of his forwards, Alan Smith, Beppe Rossi and Louis Saha, to make box and to file nine of first level that accompanies Rooney. His favourite is Towers and tells on the advantage that, in an economic situation privileged person, would go ahead with the money. Nevertheless, the irruption of Cissé in culebrón gives life him to the Liverpool, that continues being the candidate number one to take to the Boy.

"although this time of the right leg. Other six months in the drydock. It returned in December, yielded by the Liverpool to the Olympique of Marseilles"

Love the maritime reference, with Liverpool and Marseilles both being old ports it is rather fitting. Cisse in drydock for 6 months, I always did say he had the control of a barge.

Ay ay ay! We should just stump up the cash and then flog Cisse to anyone who'll have him. I can't be arsed with these drawn out transfers!

It's like trying to bring the most beautiful female specimen to orgasm only for her to reveal after 7 hours of tongue shuddering, body thrusting sexual pulverisation that she has a rare disorder that prevents her from reaching climax. What's the point? May as well finish it off quickly and roll over and go to sleep.

It's like trying to bring the most beautiful female specimen to orgasm only for her to reveal after 7 hours of tongue shuddering, body thrusting sexual pulverisation that she has a rare disorder that prevents her from reaching climax. What's the point? May as well finish it off quickly and roll over and go to sleep.

Haha, quality analogy.