You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Celtic banner today.

Guest Kenny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who isnt aware of their history, be it Irish or english, the injustice of being opressed in the fight for the truth is felt in the heritage of Celtic Park as well as at Anfield. The sectarian element of following Celtic will never be eradicated as the pain of what happened in Ireland is still beneath the surface, UNRESOLVED. The lies and cover up after Hillsborough by the authorities will someday be proven beyond doubt but for the families involved, the matter will never be closed as theve been banging their heads against the British governments wall of silence, hiding corrupt police officials a similar sort of policing enjoyed by many in Ireland over the years. The banner at Celtic park today was organised by ordinary people who supported the cry for justice for the 96, all support for this cause is welcome and todays effort will be well publicised, thank you Celtic.

Im with Hermes on this one.:eek:

Bigoted cunts,both sides of the old firm.

Don't confuse the minority that follow both teams as the entire support of the club

great progress is being made with regard to both sets of supporters and lets hope in time, people wont know your religion by the name you have or the team you follow

I can't believe some of the shit on this forum sometimes! We all want the whole country to know about the justice campaign, and to lend their support to it, so what happens when another teams fans get behind the campaign? Shitty posts about the sectarian side of the club, i say well done and thanks to Celtic fans, if you read that thread on their forum you'll see that some of them were handing out justice stickers, as someone said, they don't have to, it doesn't affect them.

And before anyone starts spouting shite to me, i was brought up a proddy, therefore a Rangers fan, but i don't give a flying fuck about either team. Religions just bollocks anyway, my 2 sons were christened and brought up catholic, i've got no axe to grind about Celtic, just think credit should be given where credit's due. Especially after the sick video from some manc scum on Youtube.

I can't believe some of the shit on this forum sometimes! We all want the whole country to know about the justice campaign, and to lend their support to it, so what happens when another teams fans get behind the campaign? Shitty posts about the sectarian side of the club, i say well done and thanks to Celtic fans, if you read that thread on their forum you'll see that some of them were handing out justice stickers, as someone said, they don't have to, it doesn't affect them.

And before anyone starts spouting shite to me, i was brought up a proddy, therefore a Rangers fan, but i don't give a flying fuck about either team. Religions just bollocks anyway, my 2 sons were christened and brought up catholic, i've got no axe to grind about Celtic, just think credit should be given where credit's due. Especially after the sick video from some manc scum on Youtube.

Brilliant well said

Well said.

I don't like either club but you have to respect Celtic fans for this today. As you said they went out of their way to lend their support to a very worthy cause so i say thank you to them.

Justice For The 96. YNWA

Thats right, tar them all with the same brush. Thats like saying every single Manc sings about Hillsborough, Every single red sings about Munich and Shipman etc.

And it wasn't the majority who made this flag - so half a dozen fellas or whatever it took, doesn't mean this flag represented all celtic fans.

i see no special relationship with celtic as a club or set of fans - but credit to the fellas who've done this. they have no reason to do this and did it because they wanted to make the point. if any of them are in liverpool i'd buy them a pint.

Well done to the Celtic lads that felt so strongly about the Justice campaign they put time and effort into organising this. The "fuck 'em all Celtic fans are sectarian gobshites" argument is bizarre and disappointing. How will the decent minority proper if we fail to recognise gestures such as this?

F&T can I join your "Woolly Liberal Yoghurt Knitters Say 'Kick Nasty People Out Of Footie' " Campaign?

I think people having a go are out of order. Ther e is no "special relationship" in my eyes but they have gone out of their way to support the 96. Something that doesnt benefit them.

That's class, i dont care what religion they fucking follow you sad cunts.

Well said.

Loads of HJC stickers being worn by Celtic....all over a couple of the pubs we were in......like the banner, they didn't need to do that.

And it wasn't the majority who made this flag - so half a dozen fellas or whatever it took, doesn't mean this flag represented all celtic fans.

i see no special relationship with celtic as a club or set of fans - but credit to the fellas who've done this. they have no reason to do this and did it because they wanted to make the point. if any of them are in liverpool i'd buy them a pint.

Never said it was mate. And as for special relationship.. Friendly match, April 1989.

Never said it was mate. And as for special relationship.. Friendly match, April 1989.

i don't deny that day happened. but i still wouldn't call it a special relationship - imo it had far more to do with their love affair with kenny than it ever had to do with anything else - the liked liverpool because they loved kenny. anyone who was their and around their city over the uefa cup games we've played would agree with that - well anyone not wanting to gobble them off and go for an irish love in. there were points in the last uefa game that were well nasty and it was going off outside the ground after the game. special relationship indeed.

i don't deny that day happened. but i still wouldn't call it a special relationship - imo it had far more to do with their love affair with kenny than it ever had to do with anything else - the liked liverpool because they loved kenny. anyone who was their and around their city over the uefa cup games we've played would agree with that - well anyone not wanting to gobble them off and go for an irish love in. there were points in the last uefa game that were well nasty and it was going off outside the ground after the game. special relationship indeed.

Fair Enough, I cant comment on what their fans have been like with us up there, as I never went to the away game in the UEFA Cup. The ones I saw down here for the UEFA cup and Rushie's Testimonial seemed to just be up for having a good time and getting bevvied.

Fair Enough, I cant comment on what their fans have been like with us up there, as I never went to the away game in the UEFA Cup. The ones I saw down here for the UEFA cup and Rushie's Testimonial seemed to just be up for having a good time and getting bevvied.

Some where like that and others weren't. Coming out of Celtic Park after the last match there I saw as many scuffles as you'd normally see coming out of Old Trafford. It's easy just coming for the bevvy and having a laugh when it's a friendly or testimonial.

ive never liekd Celtic, nor rangers for that matter, and being irish, that is odd

but fairplay to them. thats proper support that!! :thumbup:

Same here. irish but cant really stand Celtic or Rangers. However this is a great gesture. Not many clubs throughout the world would do something like this for another club. Great job Jungle Bhoys.