You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barca match comments.

drewy

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result although the tie is not over yet. Rafa totally out thought them.

I turned off after the final whistle because I was not prepared to listen to the studio gimps. All that shit before the match with Gullit and Hoddle slagging the team selection and how upset Gerrard will be a being forced out to the right. This from to failed managers in particular who are not fit to be Rafas assistant.

Thought Barca were shite and did not appear to have a stratergy. They were prepared to rely on one of the 'superstars' producing a magic moment or falling over on the edge of the box.

I thought we were shit first half until the goal particulary down the left. Dirk looks like he could not trap a bag of cement. Considering the obvious wekness at defending cross I would have thought the game was made for Crouch.

Anyway thats why I am here and Rafa is paid what his is.

He certainly knows his team better than any pundit.

Word.

Spot on WATB. That's what made the second goal all important though, if it had been 1-1 and Barca had got a goal at Anfield we'd have had to chase the game and they could've knocked it around and picked us off. Now we've got a cushion, so we can play the same way as tonight, keep it tight, and pick them off. Still not over but so long as we don't do anything stupid I'm very confident for the second leg now.

Yep and I think they'll be stunned at the atmosphere, hopefully we can get an early goal and they just crumble. Hopefully anyway

It would have been great to score another but the problem you ahve there is do you commit players forward and then get caught yourself ordo you stay tight and settle for 1-2.

I agree that is the tough decision and making Barca coming to Anfield having to score 2 instead of 1 influenced that, sorry but i'm a perfectionist and greedy.:thumbup:

Superb performance and result. As bad as they were we were in control apart from 15 minutes after they scored. The home game will be cagey though. I can think of several similar situations in the past where we have played like the away team at Anfield because we didn't have to win-Arsenal 1989, Roma 2002, Barca themselves in 1976.

I'd rather we attack them at Anfield but I don't think that will be the case. A nervous night in prospect.

Great result although the tie is not over yet. Rafa totally out thought them.

I turned off after the final whistle because I was not prepared to listen to the studio gimps. All that shit before the match with Gullit and Hoddle slagging the team selection and how upset Gerrard will be a being forced out to the right. This from to failed managers in particular who are not fit to be Rafas assistant.

Thought Barca were shite and did not appear to have a stratergy. They were prepared to rely on one of the 'superstars' producing a magic moment or falling over on the edge of the box.

I thought we were shit first half until the goal particulary down the left. Dirk looks like he could not trap a bag of cement. Considering the obvious wekness at defending cross I would have thought the game was made for Crouch.

Anyway thats why I am here and Rafa is paid what his is.

He certainly knows his team better than any pundit.

Couldnt agree more.

Was waiting for just one of them shithouses to say "Rafa was right - we were wrong but nothing."

Also just wanted to say that in that ten minutes or so after their goal when we were struggling Carra was immense. Have seen a few on here at different times making somments along the lines of " Woodgate would be brilliant alongside Agger" or something like that. Carra is and should be for the next 5 years or so the first name on the team sheet. Fucking love him.

Okay so I'm a bit pissed but he is an absolute legend.

Oh, and Momo is boss!

Take that Merson you fat druggie alcoholic twat... remember after the draw he and Keys laughing when Jaime Redkanpp saying we could do well against Barca.. take that you BIIIGGG FAAAATTT COCK-A-NEE TWAT!!

NB I apologise for offending any druggie, alcholics.. as I'm somewhat drunk.. hyprocitical?! Probably.. :)

I could go on and rant about those bastards keys and gray, and that buck toothed brazilian dickhead ronaldinho and that dutch shithouse gullit, but i can't be arsed!

We just won at the nou camp. We are still the only english side to do that. Twice.

Momo is a monster, how he can run that much in one match is astonishing. Pity about the injury.

Carragher should retire from the England setup if he does not get chosen for the qualifiers coming up, but who cares, its only England.

Bellamy, you just have to love everything about him. He is a moaning wee bugger, but that is what makes him who he is. He handled himself brilliantly in his post match interview, and that celebration should give him legendary status.

In Rafa we trust.

Your in Liverpool, youve just seen the first of 3 of 9 definite points go down the drain in the last minute, and the tannoy announcer says that your bitterest rivals have just beaten the European Champions at their home, only the 2nd time they have been beaten at home by an English side. The very team who is now running you out of town. You suddenly realise your "aggregate win" over them means the same as the side you support........absolutely fuck all. God I cant wait for work tomorrow and ramming it right up those bitter twats whilst slurping tea from my Europeans Champions mug. Those great European nights....................

Without having read the thread:

Great result tonight, especially because we didn't lie down after conceding. I saw nothing for us to be excessively afraid of at Anfield in tonight's match. Not saying that I think we're going to cruise it or anything - they're a good side going forward and we can't afford to let them get into the game at all, but we've shown tonight that if we put the work in again, we can get the result.

Sky reached new heights of banality for me tonight - you'd have thought Barca were playing fucking TNS tonight, not a club that have won five European Cups compared to Barca's frankly paltry two. Not to mention the fact that the clubs are the last two winners of the fucking thing. Funny, because they seemed very well aware of us when salivating over this week's events involving...

JAR and Bellamy. Sky got that one right at least - you simply could not make it up. Good to see JAR deciding to leave the blunderbuss at home too, he showed good composure to slot away what could prove to be a vital second away goal. Barca have got to come and score two now; surely based on tonight's performance they won't be able to get forward to try doing that whilst keeping things tidy at the back?

Me and my mate went through phases of thinking their keeper looked like Ray Quinn, a slim Dom Joly or Robbie Rotten off Lazy Town. We both agreed that he looked absolutely shite though, he's an accident waiting to happen. To quote Hansen, a dodgepot.

Zambrotta - say what you like about his footballing ability, but oh, how I loathe him. He's one of the biggest shitebags in world football with his niggly little challenges, persistently leaving his foot in, moaning and just generally being a complete tosspot.

Last but not least, Bellamy following in the grand LFC tradition of highly inappropriate goal celebrations. Not ashamed to admit it cracked me up.

Your in Liverpool, youve just seen the first of 3 of 9 definite points go down the drain in the last minute, and the tannoy announcer says that your bitterest rivals have just beaten the European Champions at their home, only the 2nd time they have been beaten at home by an English side. The very team who is now running you out of town. You suddenly realise your "aggregate win" over them means the same as the side you support........absolutely fuck all. God I cant wait for work tomorrow and ramming it right up those bitter twats whilst slurping tea from my Europeans Champions mug. Those great European nights....................

Leeds supporting mate of mine texted me to say he'd had a text of an Everton supporter we both know after Barca scored, saying I'd be getting some shit at full time.

Never came funnily enough, nor did he reply to my text :whistle: