You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like Christmas?

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

On 12/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Dr Nowt said:

Just a quick visit to say everyone says the same shit about Christmas every year and it’s the only thing duller than people going on about Christmas too much itself, other than me being this edgy about the people repeatedly saying things about the people over-enjoying Christmas.

See you same time next year everyone, I fucking hate all of us.

You do not!

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

If I ended up getting called out for the usual low-level shoplifting or domestic violence shite that you get over Christmas it’d be crap. A nice Christmas murder wouldn’t go amiss though. Something interesting. Or a serial killer. A serial killer would be something interesting and out of the ordinary, and a box ticked on the defence lawyer wish list.....

The Runcorn Ripper, believed to have fled to East Anglia.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, Sugar Ape said:

I complied it myself and it took me ages. I try to make every question at least one you can have a guess at so the less able people aren’t sat there moaning at me for it being too hard. I’ll PM you what I’ve got so far if you want it?

That would be amazing if you would.

You’ve also given me a bit of an idea.

My boy seems to have become the quiz compiler for his team at work. I wonder if I could put him to work with a Christmas quiz for us?

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry, had to neg. Giving money/vouchers as a present, generally speaking, lacks thought.

I’d much rather someone took the time and effort to make me a homemade Christmas card than grab the first thing they see in The Asda and shove a £20 amazon voucher inside.

Well that's you crossed off my Christmas voucher list...

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

Mine have asked for a Nintendo Switch this year. The surprise will be the new telly for the bedroom we’ve bought to go with it. 

The rest is board games and other little bits and pieces they’ve specifically asked for.

I fucked this up. It was Mrs Turdseye’s idea to spend less on ‘filler’ toys this year because a lot of the arts/crafts type stuff we buy the girls hardly ever gets used. 

Just got all the prezzies out now to see exactly what we’ve got and I was unhappy with the chocolate to present ratio. Far too much chocolate and sweets compared to the amount of proper presents and toys. 

I’ve overruled her, gone browsing online and drawn up a list of shitloads more presents I’m buying for the kids out of my recent matched betting winnings. No arts and crafts stuff though as she’s genuinely got a point there. 

Happens every year. She says stop, they’ve got enough. I say no and keep buying stuff until we’ve got no space left to hide it. If you’ve got a bit of spare cash at Christmas, what else are you gonna do with it other than spend it on the kids? 

Their new updated list of presents looks boss. I wish I was my dad. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry, had to neg. Giving money/vouchers as a present, generally speaking, lacks thought.

I’d much rather someone took the time and effort to make me a homemade Christmas card than grab the first thing they see in The Asda and shove a £20 amazon voucher inside.

Happy Christmas, Tone... made this one myself especially for you

Unknown.png

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Champ said:

Tell me to mind my own business but why would you not want to feel differently about it?

Because it's a curse Cath! I don't believe in the religious side of it (happily I may add), the hail good fellow bonhomie is all fake, it's overhyped, it's rammed down your throat constantly as soon as bonfire night is over, and it costs a frigging fortune!

Most important of all it's the biggest non-industrial waste of resources on what is, let's be frank, a dying planet! I can't reconcile with people who claim to be environmentalists because they recycle, then stick hundreds of fairy lights up outside their house and leave the bastards on all night every night for weeks on end!

Fa la la la la, la la la la!

(Bet you wish you hadn't asked now)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jenson said:

Christmas jumper day and I've been coerced into wearing one for our works do this afternoon. The only saving grace is it's Darth Vader with a Santa hat on. I still look completely ridiculous and if I could I'd neg myself for being suckered in.

Grow some fucking balls.

• Upvote 4

don't like the thought that many an Xmas dinner of gluttony and extravagance is earned off the back of the sweat of others. many of which have to make do with a cheap 3 bird joint, the type of which i have seen ridiculed on here by the food and beverage tories

probably talk about how many people they sacked this year before the charades

and then there is those cunts on five live talking about the homeless for the month, like they actually give a fuck- despite most of them all voting for the policies that exacerbate it, in private. makes me sick to my fucking stomach

fucking now a seemingly, never-ending hypocrite, selfish, avarice promoting, ungrateful cunt chops, winter wonderland.

not how I remember things when folk generally had less. or indeed things were more equally spread in communities.

• Upvote 3